• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Akainu

Someone actually gave 10,000 dollars? I guess if you have that kind of money to spend on a game flying to japan and paying for everything must not be a big deal.

ash_ag

They would get worse Rep than Dennis Dyack
Come on, Takumi and One ain't no Dyacks. I think a Capcom KS would be pretty much like this one, but maybe people will see it less pleasantly considering that Capcom isn't an indie. Still, Takumi going in Comcept to make Not Ghost Trick? Count me in.

LeviGratton

Neo Member
If you speak japanese, this is very tempting indeed.

The game is half-funded. Here are a few words I want to say to the skeptics:

I just played Zelda, A link between two worlds, yesterday at PAX and zomg: SO FLUID. It looks like a waterfall flowing from the mountain. It's beautiful and right and godly and zen.

I love 2D, I do. Street Fighter Alpha 4 would enlarge my clitoris, had I one of mine own.

But cell-shaded 3D is the future. I'm a believer. We just need more power and more polygons to get to perfection.

Well I assume that the English speaking team members will deal with English Speaking contributors. Not to mention the fact that if designing a challenge gets you full accreditation in the game, that's a huge gold star on a resume.

Come on, Takumi and One ain't no Dyacks. I think a Capcom KS would be pretty much like this one, but maybe people will see it less pleasantly considering that Capcom isn't an indie. Still, Takumi going in Comcept to make Not Ghost Trick? Count me in.

But Capcom as a whole is it.

Is pretty telling when people laugh in a sarcastic tone when a community rep offers to try to get a Japan Only game localized.

Jobbs

Banned
Flipping through Mega Man Universe images doesn't instill me with confidence about Inafune's good design sense. Playing off my nostalgia for Mega Man can work, but I need something real to go on. I need them to show me something from the real game or a prototype. Something real. Then if it looks good I'll gladly back, otherwise, no.

I'm sure they'll be fine, though, without my backing. This is on track to blow it out the box. Way out the box. And I sincerely hope it's awesome.

Im impressed they have Ben Judd and a chunk of the old megaman staff on this. Does this lend further weight to the idea that there has been a serious talent exodus at capcom and Most of the creators of your favorite franchises dont work there any more?

Ben Judd and Inafune are friends and it seems that Ben Judd's company will provide some services as stated in the kickstarter page. I hope they made a podcast for the game like they did with Bionic Commando, that podcast was awesome.

Inti Creates is full of Capcom employees that worked in Mega Man games, Inafune, Mikami, Kamiya, the list is really big, Capcom is nothing but a carcass of what it used to be.

Flipping through Mega Man Universe images doesn't instill me with confidence about Inafune's good design sense. Playing off my nostalgia for Mega Man can work, but I need something real to go on. I need them to show me something from the real game or a prototype. Something real. Then if it looks good I'll gladly back, otherwise, no.

I'm sure they'll be fine, though, without my backing. This is on track to blow it out the box. Way out the box.

You concern is noted.

I saw this on Twitter and actually backed it using the app while I was out eating dinner with friends.

Usually I have to think about backing something for an absurdly long time.

I might have to up my pledge to the $99 tier. I just might.

Spring 2015 release window and PS3/360 stretch goal... huh?

Don't sweat the small stuff. What matters is the game is actually funded first.

All you console megaman gamers need to get PCs and stop worrying about PS4 and X1. If this game hits the stretch goals for PS3 360 and WII U im sure they will either update to the new consoles or just put this out on everything.

Conan-san

Put the cash down (40$, I always go for the lowest tier before physicals are involved).

And it sort of makes sense, Megaman was orgionaly an Astroboy game so Mighty makes sense there.

Frodo

Looks like this has a pretty good chance to get funded
by the end of the day
, right?

Question is: can we fund a Mighty No.9 Legends 3 now?

Velti

Neo Member
Funded so hard. Those people are living the dream.

EDIT: “Billy Backer says you can trick him into the water to make him freeze himself and he dies instantly!”

Is... is that an Animaniacs reference?!

qq more

Looks like this has a pretty good chance to get funded
by the end of the day
, right?

Question is: can we fund a Mighty No.9 Legends 3 now?
I really hope this game does well enough we can have sequels and perhaps a MML-like spinoff since Inafune's dreams was to make another MML.

Gamefreak

Neo Member
I cant even believe how fast I backed this. I said I was done with Kickstarter....

It can be a shameless MegaMan rip of only because the guy who poured most of his time into the series is actually creating it himself. It looks great! Reminds me of the Zero Series by the animation, but the whole transforming deal reminds me of battle network.

I JUST HOPE THERE IS DASHING AND WALL JUMPING!

Pledged 99+

It won't be a rip-off, if anything it will be a reinvented Mega Man.
That's the reason why people are showing great support!

The creator of Mega Man himself is making this game, how is that a rip-off?

megalowho

Really impressed with how fast the numbers are climbing and the positive reaction, they've done so many things right as far as Kickstarters go. Appealing project, exciting reveal, professional video, proven team, tiers that make sense (20=DD, 60=retail, 99=special ed), and they get to be the talk of a gaming convention for the next two days. Only thing I can think of is 360/PS3 not being relevant by the time this releases, but plans can still change. Exciting stuff all around, props to 8-4 for their hand in presenting the campaign.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Well this looks amazing. Green girl better be Call.

I wouldn't mind if it's the one with the pink hair or the pigtails, but I have a feeling the most of the votes will go to the one that looks like Roll.

I'm hoping down the road they'll accept paypal donations.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So...Capcom cancels shit tons of Mega Man games and refuses to make any new ones...Meanwhile Inafune and the team behind the most recent Mega Man titles amass half a million, in ONE day just by kickstarting a Mega Man-like game.

Capcom...you dun goofed. Seriously.

okay gaf, i need $10,000 quick
3OGY0hw.png

Maxim726X

Well this will clearly make the 900k... What are the chances it gets to 2.5 mil? Have other KS projects had a similar trajectory and make it?

I'm sure they'll be fine, though, without my backing. This is on track to blow it out the box. Way out the box. And I sincerely hope it's awesome.

I was actually just as interested in Mega Man Universe as I was MML3.

I really hope this makes 2.5mil, I'm not sure it's on that path right now though. I think announcing this during PAX and Dragoncon might work against them.

I'm on vacation so I haven't gone through all the backer levels in depth but I'm going to do the beta access one. I wish there was a level that gets you behind the scenes documentary like Double Fine Adventure.

Is this the first honest cost breakdown on a Kickstarter?

I'd say the Skullgirls Squigly Indiegogo pretty much kicked off this wave of honest breakdowns, considering the amount of "how much?" was defused by the devs giving chapter and verse in where the money is going to.

It's only on $493,111 now, never going to get to play this.
Even if it slows down, chances are that in the final 2-3 days it'll pick up again. It's happened with a lot of the more well-known kickstarters before. Also remember that some people are only contributing a small amount right now, but will increase their donation once it gets closer to certain goals.

Sciz

Well this will clearly make the 900k... What are the chances it gets to 2.5 mil? Have other KS projects had a similar trajectory and make it?

The other big name projects with ~900k goals that went down in a day or two like Project Eternity and Torment all broke 2.5M, yeah, some of them by quite a lot. Even Planetary Annihilation, which had the same goal but a much slower burn, ended up at 2.2M. You get a project like this that has a good pedigree, targets a passionate, under-served fanbase, and has enticing stretch goals, it's got a good shot at getting everything it wants.

Top Bottom