• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

qq more

all the inafune haters

news-inafunekeijiwjs2n.png

TAKE THIS!

this is like the only good thing out of that crappy jrpg ive watched

inafune deserved to be in a better game

Lingitiz

Seems like this should reach most if not all of it's stretch goals.

In relation to past Kickstarters, they may be cutting it close with the console version stretch goal. Hopefully if they get close enough they'll decide to toss in their own money and do it anyways.

KS newbie here:

Are you charged once the funding goal is met (so one they reach $900k I'm charged $20) or is it charged when it all ends in 30 more days?

When it ends.

Drago

KS newbie here:

Are you charged once the funding goal is met (so one they reach $900k I'm charged $20) or is it charged when it all ends in 30 more days?

KS newbie here:

At the end of the kickstarter, not when the goal is met, and not at all if the base goal is never made.

Busaiku

It depends on how it does tomorrow, and how the promotion is handled.
It's slowed down a lot the last few hours, but I still think $900,000 could happen tomorrow.

Platy

How can I say to my brain that this project needs MY money when the projections are expecting at least 3 times the last strech goal ? =P

Fireblend

Banned
How can I say to my brain that this project needs MY money when the projections are expecting at least 3 times the last strech goal ? =P

I have backed like 15 projects on Kickstarter, and in my experience (and using some common sense) Kicktraq projections are useless, at least for the first half of the Kickstarter, since before that there are very few data points. Demand isn't going to keep up for the other 30 days to what we've seen these first few hours. What usually happens is the first ~3 days the project gets like 33-50% of what it's going to get for the rest of the kickstarter, and then there's a surge at the end. It seems like it's started to slow down already for this one.

IMO, this should just barely reach the 2.5 mil goal, if it does. All I really want is the 2 extra stages :p

Check out Massive Chalice's daily data chart.

D'awwwwwww.

Lingitiz

Kicktraq projections don't mean much this early. Kickstarters generally do well early and near the finish, and slow down considerably In between.

Project Eternity was at 1.1 mil at 24hrs, and went on to do 4 mil.

Don't pay attention to any of that. Kickstarter/indiegogo fundraisers get the majority of their money from the first few days and the last days. Project Phoenix for instance, raised 100k their first day but took a week to double that. This project is not going to get 500 grand every day.

Didn't Inafune leave Capcom to prove to the world that he isn't creatively bankrupt?

Did he actually say that? That sounds more like some cynical assumption of someone other than Inafune.

Also, not every project has the explicit goal of flexing one's creative skills. Sometimes you just want to make something for a group of fans you appreciate, something you know they love and feel rather desperate for. Mega Man fans got cancelled on before he left Capcom, why shouldn't he throw them a bone?

qq more

you say that like its a bad thing

because it is

the game, not the cameo itself

i mean ive watched a friend stream two of the neptunia games and they were so talky and annoying and boring and irritating and auguguhghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh kill me now terrible

i liked the idea of an rpg game being about the gaming industry but they just had to attach dumb moe there :(

Didn't Inafune leave Capcom to prove to the world that he isn't creatively bankrupt?

Maybe watch the video on the kickstarter page to see his motivation for this project. It's only 5 minutes long, is quite touching, and it's full of many many awesome win references.

Since its coming out in 2015, I find it a bit odd that their doing PS3/360/WiiU versions for the 2.5 million stretch goal. I think it would make more sense to do PS4/XBONE/WiiU versions especially considering the architecture of those consoles is closer to PCs and both consoles are very indie friendly.

goldenpp72

Since its coming out in 2015, I find it a bit odd that their doing PS3/360/WiiU versions for the 2.5 million stretch goal. I think it would make more sense to do PS4/XBONE/WiiU versions especially considering the architecture of those consoles is closer to PCs and both consoles are very indie friendly.

I imagine this will happen regardless and that these are the only concrete plans they can make now. They probably don't have access to any kits for either of the others so are just playing it safe. Even if it's not a reward tier, I imagine the game will release on both, but since there isn't even a system to give out codes for those systems yet (I think) it might be hard to do this right now.

Maybe it's a hidden tier or something upcoming as well, but they did say they will be getting funding outside of just kickstarter I think.

graywolf323

PS3/360 for the stretch goals just seems odd to me with it coming out hopefully ~18 months after the Kickstarter ends

wouldn't it be cheaper to do PS4/Xbox One and maybe even Vita?

and with the indie support coming from the next gen consoles maybe we'll get to see this on those some day too, other than just steam. can't wait to see what becomes of this.

Finalizer

I kinda get the sense that PS4/Xbone versions are just gonna happen regardless. Previous-gen versions would be more in-the-air since it would take more development work to get those ports up and running in the same capacity... Though I'm still surprised it's saved for a 2.5m goal.

synce

PS3/360 for the stretch goals just seems odd to me with it coming out hopefully ~18 months after the Kickstarter ends

wouldn't it be cheaper to do PS4/Xbox One and maybe even Vita?

PS1 and PS2 had some amazing games even after their successors launched, I don't think it's too unusual

But wow $700K in just a day, I was totally wrong about this... Kinda getting hyped, even if it is just Megaman with a new name.

Top Bottom