• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

MilkBeard

You should take a moment to buy X4 at some point. The disc version can be found for 10 or less on the ps1 or other options exist (like the X collection on ps2/cube, ps2 version is probably best here) If you have access to a CRT set that is the best way to play obviously, but it's fine either way.

The game is nifty for offering 2 totally different ways to play, and both campaigns are great. The game felt like a perfect balance, really the only really bad thing about it is the laughable voice acting but, as a game it's fantastic and I do think people who have played the entire series consider X1/X4 the best (with X2/X3 being in there)

This was from a few pages back, but I just want to say that I'm glad to see the Megaman X4 love. That game was one of the first that I bought for the original Playstation, and was such a good game. I eventually sold it off, being a kid, but repurchased the Saturn version. I think that game is also pretty timeless, along with the original X. I always loved playing as Zero. The stages were nice, and the music was great.

Some cool fanart.

38247742_p0i7sxp.jpg

Artist.

I like both designs, but I will go with the blonde Call, but I fear people will vote for the other design because is closer to the Legends design style and she looks nothing like Roll.

Some cool fanart.

38247742_p0i7sxp.jpg

Artist.

I like both designs, but I will go with the blonde Call, but I fear people will vote for the other design because is closer to the Legends design style and she looks nothing like Roll.

Damn, her name is Call? Beck... Rock... Call.....Roll..... each counterpart shares the the same amount of letters and the same last two letters in their names. I'm wondering, Rush.... Dash?

v0rtikal

Awesome fanart!
And yeah, Rockman X4 is my favourite Megaman game, I can't believe the NA version totally butchered the opening song though...what a mess.

Fou-Lu

Not just Beck and Call, we also have Roll Call and Beck... the Rock band from the manga/anime Beck or singer/songwriter Beck. Nice name choices that interact in a variety of ways.

This was from a few pages back, but I just want to say that I'm glad to see the Megaman X4 love. That game was one of the first that I bought for the original Playstation, and was such a good game. I eventually sold it off, being a kid, but repurchased the Saturn version. I think that game is also pretty timeless, along with the original X. I always loved playing as Zero. The stages were nice, and the music was great.

It really pains me to see people so heartily recommend X4, but fail to mention that Sigma's final form is stupidly difficult, near impossible.

MilkBeard

It really pains me to see people so heartily recommend X4, but fail to mention that Sigma's final form is stupidly difficult, near impossible.

Don't really remember having that much trouble, but the last time I played was a few years ago. As I recall, even Mega Man X's final boss was stupidly annoying, basically I would just hang on the wall for the whole battle and take pot shots.

Rhapsody

Banned

It better be blonde Call. That design looks better and I like the style too. I didn't like Aero's design that much, so I don't really like Pink Call.

I like how it's basically Roll with a Sonia-like design.

SmithnCo

I like blonde Call too, I like the idea that she's wearing a sweater/skirt but it's all one piece.

This KS has two things going for it. 1 it's easier to be united against something than for something in this case gamers joining in a UNITE MIDDLE FINGER to Capcom. And 2. Megaman fans being hungry for the next gen game that has been eluding them for so long,

We have been watching for decades on the sidelines as Mario does Galaxy and even Sonic broke out of his slump, Megaman is the last 80s platformer mascot that for reasons unknown, has never been given a chance. Till now. I'm backing this.

Agreed this is a giant middle finger to capcom. I mean if Sonic of all mascots can come back from mediocrity that it was definitely in, so can Megaman, and I don't consider Megaman to have been in a slump really, just had a lot of iterations of the character. Games were pretty decent.

Worth the 20 bucks I say.

Mr. X

I like Pink Call,

She looks tough and like she can handle herself. She looks like she'd ready up and be out the field with Beck if needed. She could be Beck's Zero.

TreIII

Am I the only one who is hyped as fuck based solely on the fact that Inti Creates is on board? Inafune is the icing on the cake but for me the biggest draw is having staff from the MM Zero involved.

Certainly not. Inafune by himself would not have gotten my interest the same way that him along with Inti and a number of other veteran Rockman devs on board.

The fact that this is looking to be more along the lines of "the next big thing with the Rockman formula" enthralls me to no end. Especially since ZX didn't quite live up to its promise...

smurfx

get some go again
wow this is about to break 800k. here i thought it would take 2 weeks to get there. would be great if by tomorrow its near 1 mil.

Soul Beat

I'm totally gonna try to get my friends to back this too.

Also, Blonde Call is where it's at. You know it, I know it. Everybody knows it.

IrishNinja

quickly creeping up on 800 stacks...feels like a safe call that this'll clear its goal in day 2, stretch goals in the weeks to come likewise feel like a safe bet. goddamn @ all this money on the table...

Busaiku

It looks like Japan/Europe might be more into it now, since it seems like these nighttime numbers (in the US) are outpacing the afternoon stuff.

Nosgoroth

Aaah, I like both.

I like Pink Call,

She looks tough and like she can handle herself. She looks like she'd ready up and be out the field with Beck if needed. She could be Beck's Zero.

You can't be Zero without a red color scheme and blond hair.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Blonde Call 4 lyfe. Pink Call looks like a mix between Klonoa and a Pokemon trainer.

Busaiku

I'm probably the only one that wants this, but I hope one of the ??? is an armorless Beck mode.
One of my favorite parts of Mega Man Powered Up was Mega mode.

It was so awesome kicking things to death.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So this is basically funded already? My god

Acccent

This has probably been asked or is maybe common knowledge, but I don't know and can't find the answer: what was Inafune's 'dream project' that he mentions at the start of the video and had to give up on?

Top Bottom