• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

mrmickfran

So, if we make high enough donations to reach the console ports, would they be retail or download only?

Probably a dumb question, but I still wanna know :(

Fireblend

Banned
My projections:

$1.1mil (+300k) today
$1.3mil (+200k) tomorrow
+25k-40k everyday until day 28
+80-90k last 2 days

Ending up with around $2.3mil total.

I really hope they have some content ready to show for when the pledges seem to be dwindling, so they can regain some momentum when needed. I don't have any current or next-gen console so I don't really care about the last stretchgoal, but this being Inafune and Inti Creates I really want them to get all they're asking for, and for Capcom to get the message this kickstarter is clearly attempting to send them.

So, if we make high enough donations to reach the console ports, would they be retail or download only?

Probably a dumb question, but I still wanna know :(

Download only for sure. $2.5mil isn't nearly enough to create the game *and* cover manufacture/distribution costs for retail. Maybe if they get a publisher that complies with their conditions, as mentioned in the FAQ:

we wouldn’t completely rule out working with a publisher or distributor under a very specific set of conditions. Those conditions would be to 100% preserve the reasons we are going to Kickstarter in the first place: to involve the fans, and to make the game that we want to make. If a publisher or distributor were to approach us with an offer that preserved these core principles, i.e. we can interact with the fans however we choose, and we retain final say when it comes to all game content—AND offered us something cool we couldn’t do otherwise (perhaps offering money or other resources to put it on another platform, or to make a physical version of the game for retail, or something else that would help us reach more fans)—we would at least be open to the right possibility, and, of course, be up front and open to all our fans and backers about it.

OTIX

My projections:

$1.1mil (+300k) today
$1.3mil (+200k) tomorrow
+25k-40k everyday until day 28
+80-90k last 2 days

Ending up with around $2.3mil total.

I really hope they have some content ready to show for when the pledges seem to be dwindling, so they can regain some momentum when needed. I don't have any current or next-gen console so I don't really care about the last stretchgoal, but this being Inafune and Inti Creates I really want them to get all they're asking for, and for Capcom to get the message this kickstarter is clearly attempting to send them.

I don't think 2.3m is possible. If it goes anywhere near that then a lot more people will join in for the console versions. It will either end up well below 2m, which is highly unlikely, or it will push to above 2.5m.

Fireblend

Banned
I don't think 2.3m is possible. If it goes anywhere near that then a lot more people will join in for the console versions. It will either end up well below 2m, which is highly unlikely, or it will push to above 2.5m.

Yeah, hopefully there'll be a surge of pledges around the 2.2 mark to make it reach somewhere past the consoles stretchgoal. I was just basing my estimates on other KSs I've backed. I do think it will be a very close call though.

Just another 30k to go!

Also, I sure hope they go with pink-haired notRoll. That blonde one is too much of a ripoff, IMO.

I hope Capcom sees this and starts mashing their heads on a wall.

I hope more japanese KS follow and we see "re-interpretations" of japanese classic games.

qq more

It really pains me to see people so heartily recommend X4, but fail to mention that Sigma's final form is stupidly difficult, near impossible.

By stupidly difficult and near impossible you mean just damn really challenging yet so satisfying?

Because it's the best Sigma boss fight as far as I am concerned. =D

goldenpp72

It really pains me to see people so heartily recommend X4, but fail to mention that Sigma's final form is stupidly difficult, near impossible.

He's a bit hard compared to the rest of the game but, considering it is the final boss I didn't think much of it. As long as you have a couple sub tanks it's not a big problem though..

Fireblend

Banned
I hope Capcom sees this and starts mashing their heads on a wall.

I hope more japanese KS follow and we see "re-interpretations" of japanese classic games.

I'm just waiting for Namco to get off their asses and do a Klonoa kickstarter already.

I fear it wouldn't get funded T_T

Snaku

Banned
My first kickstarter, backed the $60 tier. Mega Man 2 is my most played game of my childhood, and I'm ecstatic that somebody will continue its legacy if Capcom won't. Good speed Inafune-san.

entremet

He's a bit hard compared to the rest of the game but, considering it is the final boss I didn't think much of it. As long as you have a couple sub tanks it's not a big problem though..

I remember beating it, but I don't remember how lol. It was annoying. X4 was a nice return to form to the X series, but X1 is still the standard bearer of the franchise.

LeviGratton

Neo Member
_i_want_you__to_support_mighty_no__9_by_kevinbolk-d6kqf5c.jpg

I'd honestly rank it right after X1 as my third favorite Mega Man X game (X3 is my favorite) if I could only beat the darn game. :p

the amount of fan art coming out is fucking amazing.

It didn't even take a day for it to be rul34'd.

First kick starter here as well, and I'm in for the physical box. I've been a fairly casual Mega Man fan for the most part playing only the classic 8 and the Battle Network series, but I really like where this is going. I can't wait to see new designs and concept art!

qq more

First kick starter here as well, and I'm in for the physical box. I've been a fairly casual Mega Man fan for the most part playing only the classic 8 and the Battle Network series, but I really like where this is going. I can't wait to see new designs and concept art!

is your username from a certain Sonic stage

kswiston

You're going to have to do better than a completely unspecific, unsourced, pretty much useless web site.

If you're going to make such specific claims, you need to give specific costs - how much are people paid on average? How long was the game in development? What kind of extra costs do Japanese companies have that differ from American companies in terms of perks, benefits, and others?

Are you seriously suggesting that an HD Resident Evil game, perhaps Resident Evil 5 and 6, only cost around $3 million to create?

Resident Evil 5 had around 400 people working on it.
Resident Evil 6 had around 600 people working on it.

I....just....you do the math there.

I don't see anything controversial in what Aquamarine said. You are focusing on stuff like RE6 which is pretty much the biggest game to come out of Japan in the last year or so, when the majority of titles released sell less than 100k and receive little to no western sales.

Look at the Atelier series. There have been 5 games released this generation on PS3. Each of them sells in the 100k range in Japan, and almost certainly sells less than 100k in the west. At best these games are generating $15M in revenue. When you subtract manufacturing, distribution, localization, and retailer cuts, that doesn't leave much of a margin. If the budget of an Atelier title is over $3M, it isn't by much. Also keep in mind that Atelier is at worst an average seller in Japan. There are plenty of examples of Japan-Only titles getting sequels off of 30-40k sales.

rjc571

Banned
I've never been into the whole crowdfunding scene but I'm thinking of going in for $250 and selling the signed artbook off later. Maybe I'll be the pledge that puts it over 900 thousand!

Voror

In for $40 right now, though tempted for the $250 with the hardcover art book especially if its anything like those past design works for the Megaman series. Will probably wait till the end though and see where I'm at to decide.

meppi

I had my doubts at first, but I think making the 2.5 mil might actually happen.

C'mon console versions!

I really hope so as a PC version is worthless to me.
But I'll keep my pledge no matter what happens. The people behind this certainly deserve it.

Gamefreak

Neo Member
1378125606377.jpg

Has this been posted before?
Oh wait, I don't really care, something this awesome has to be posted again and again.
Dem feels.

nbthedude

I'm not sure what makes you think there is a huge console audience that uses Kickstarter. Most of the console game kickstarters I have seen struggle like hell to barely make it if they make it. And almost all the really huge kickstarters that go over 2 mil are PC only.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
That image is corny as hell lol

I think them all being trapped on the moon is pretty amusing though

Top Bottom