• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Ravek

Banned
Or better yet, realize that Mega Man is a viable brand and brings him back into the limelight. Would be a hilarious dick move if Capcom announces a new Mega Man game coming out in Spring 2015.

It would be announced, cancelled, picked up by Ninja Theory and be for iOS, free to play, and never localized.

No, it'd ne an awesome move and I'd buy both :p

This. I would not be upset if Capcom used this oppurtunity to make a new Mega Man game to "compete" with it... I'd still buy both... unless the MM game in question was simply a quick cash in. With almost 2 years, they could make a decent one.

Fireblend

Banned
This is almost assuredly one of the stretch goals marked as ????. Secondary playable character ala MM9/10 is almost assuredly one of them. Hell, it could be first Call, then the second one whatever they call their Protoman replacement.

I'm going to guess the first ??? is a Rush-like helper character, and the second ??? is a playable secondary character (which I hope is Call).

Now they have to play their cards right to get to 3 million. Torment only got to 4 million because the most important stretch goal (Chris Avellone) was at 3.5 million. If Inafune reveals a PS4 version as 3 million stretch goal, I think they can make it.

Ravek

Banned
Now they have play their cards right to get to 3 mil. Torment only got to 4 mil because the most important stretch goal (Chris Avellone) was at 3.5 mil. If Inafune reveals a PS4 version as 3 mil stretch goal, I think they can make it.

Once the campaign is done, Sony and Comcept will announce the special PS4 (psn) edition. It will happen.

Man I can't believe I looked over the fact that they plan on releasing on steam and as DRM free as well.

Mighty No. 9 is being developed for the PC with gamepad support (of course!), and will be made available through Steam and DRM-free digital distribution methods.

(edit) Also, it looks like they already have plans for a "rush like" dog since the concept art for Call shows one.

MaLDo

$900K achieved

image.php

RM8

I'll super-upgrade my pledge if one of the stretch goals is 3DS. I mean, I know you think Japan stinks, Inafune, but it'd be rather profitable.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Already funded, fantastic. Now, let's go to the 2.5 millions. And, please, add a 3DS stretch goal :D

Too soon to celebrate.

2.5 million is the goal to beat!

We may not be able to celebrate just yet, but we can atleast give ourselves a pat on the back for a job well done!

I want this on all games systems (Ps4/X1/Vita/3DS included) so no one gets left out, but first we need to at least get to 2.5 to get it to come out on a few.

MechaX

When I saw that Inti is going to be involved, that cemented an eventual donation from me, personally.

What do you know Capcom, maybe there is some appeal in the style of games (read: Mega Man) that put your company on the map and maybe it really wasn't worth it to take multiple shits on said games!

Honestly I'm surprised this wasn't funded quicker.

Now to see how high it goes.

Getting this amount fully funded in 2 days is still absolutely insane though. And it still has what, an entire month remaining?

zroid

Banned
Already funded, fantastic. Now, let's go to the 2.5 millions. And, please, add a 3DS stretch goal :D
ironically, based on the concept art, I think a 3DS version probably seems less and less likely as they get more money... the 2.5D concept would likely only fly if they exceeded their goals, and I don't think that would run on a 3DS.

RM8

Even a less graphically intensive 3DS version would be my favorite version. But I still irrationally want this on every platform I own.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Very happy this made it already. This is why something like KS is good. These companies sit on all their IP's and don't even use them because they don't know how to make good games anymore.

I'm happy I contributed.

massoluk

Banned
I'm very conflicted right now over whether I should moved from $40 to $60 (in it for the soundtrack, mostly). I'd bite if there's physical copy to go with the box, but....

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
You would think if they get it to PS3 that they could easily make it PS3/Vita seeing how Sony makes it easier to make these games cross platform between PS3/Vita and PS4/Vita.

RM8

If this ends up on Vita and not 3DS, I buy a Vita. I was going to eventually, but this would be great incentive :p

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
in less than two days, This is just amazing.

now it will be pretty funny if Capcom will go now and revive Megaman because of this.

qq more

Well, that ship has sailed, we need to make Capcom regret for what they did to Mega Man.
FatMegaMan.jpg

Need I say more?

Ironically this was all Inafune's idea. The idea was that Ryu gets in MM Universe and bad boxart Mega Man gets in SF X Tekken.

The timing of this was just poor if anything.

mclem

Why is it always WiiU with Kickstarters recently? Is there zero barrier of entry to get your game on there? Is WiiU the new XBLIG?

I'd say some combination of low barrier for entry, small-but-enthusiastic fanbase craving content, simple to leverage the central feature of the system... and I can't help but think that there's a little bit of many indie devs who, quite simply, grew up with Nintendo, got into the business due to Nintendo and now want to give something back, or at the very least view "releasing a project on a Nintendo system" as the thing their childhood self wanted their adult self to do.

Plus, of course, in the case of this *specific* project, there's certainly an argument that it's something of a spiritual home for it!

BY2K

Membero Americo
I hope Capcom sees this and start hitting their head on the wall going: We must release a new Mega Man.

Top Bottom