• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Over 900,000?
ibyWwqUOZg3Wcb.gif

damn that was fast

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Yes!! Woke up to this being funded. So awesome.

BY2K

Membero Americo
People gave 900k$ and keeps giving money for something that is Mega Man in everything but the name. Peope are saying "Yes, we want a new Mega Man." with their wallets.

If Capcom doesn't react to this in any way, they are bigger idiots than I thought.

Gbraga

People gave 900k$ and keeps giving money for something that is Mega Man in everything but the name. Peope are saying "Yes, we want a new Mega Man." with their wallets.

If Capcom doesn't react to this in any way, they are bigger idiots than I thought.

I'm more concerned about which studio they'll choose to react to this.

MeGa MaN 30fps

MY NAME IS ROCK

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm more concerned about which studio they'll choose to react to this.

MeGa MaN 30fps

MY NAME IS ROCK

Let me rephrase.

People are giving money for a 2D Mega Man by one of the creators. They are not giving money for a 3D Ninja Theory bullshit.

Castcoder

Banned
We're not done. The goal is 2.5 million. I would expect it to be funded by Saturday at this pace. I put my $20 in, and if you're lurking this thread or just pretending you can't pony up $20 for game, remember that when you're choking on another CoD in November.

Drake

Damn, I can't believe it hit it's goal so fast. I vowed not to donate to another kickstarter until at least Wasteland 2 comes out, but I may change that.

Maxim726X

Never a doubt that this was going to be funded, especially after the first 24 hours.

Looks like all of the stretch goals are well within reason too. We may actually see a MM game on consoles next generation.

We're not done. The goal is 2.5 million. I would expect it to be funded by Saturday at this pace. I put my $20 in, and if you're lurking this thread or just pretending you can't pony up $20 for game, remember that when you're choking on another CoD in November.

oh man, Call of Duty is so amazing...

rCcmpHJ.jpg

Berordn

I think he's referring to Capcom, not Comcept.

Capcom's worked with Inti Creates in the past, if only because of Inafune. If this does well they'd be stupid not to look into getting them to work on another game, unless there's bad blood between the two for some reason.

sn00zer

Yes I would hate to support a game that has yearly releases with little to no changes between games, has gameplay that has been the same for a decade, and have spinoffs that are exactly like the main series in everything but name and main characters, and a new games that pride themselves in retreading old ground.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

I think they will make a new Megaman (and might try to make it fast so it hit before MN9) but it'll be tainted as they now lost all the goodwill.

Kickz

All of the Japanese companies that do not localize their games need to get on kickstarter!!!

Can you imagine all the games like Valkyria Chronicles 3, that we would get here.

Meia

Yes I would hate to support a game that has yearly releases with little to no changes between games, has gameplay that has been the same for a decade, and have spinoffs that are exactly like the main series in everything but name and main characters, and a new games that pride themselves in retreading old ground.

What you did there, yeah I saw it.

I was going to hold off on this for a bit, but then I saw the naming convention used, said screw it and threw in $40. :p

Zen

Banned
Capcom's worked with Inti Creates in the past, if only because of Inafune. If this does well they'd be stupid not to look into getting them to work on another game, unless there's bad blood between the two for some reason.

Well their schedule will probably be full for the next year + on Might no 9, and after that a sequel! (would probably hold more appeal as they don't have to go through a publisher with this franchise).

Fess

I'm only interested in the WiiU version, what happens to my money if they only reach 2.4 million? Do I get them back or am I just buying the PC master race an awesome game that I probably won't play myself?

sn00zer

What you did there, yeah I saw it.

I was going to hold off on this for a bit, but then I saw the naming convention used, said screw it and threw in $40. :p
It wasnt too long ago people were sick of Mega Man games....it was just because the series stopped all together when people finally started to care

Spiegel

Let me rephrase.

People are giving money for a 2D Mega Man by one of the creators. They are not giving money for a 3D Ninja Theory bullshit.

Capcom is not going to re-think anything because 16,314 people have put money down for this game.

so, who's expecting a crapcom backlash and them taking this to court for the similarity on looks to the megaman series?

Other than aesthetic, this game shares no similarity to Megaman. Can Capcom really sue though since it is from the same artist? It is like saying Shueisha should sue Square Enix since DQ characters share similarity to Dragon Ball.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I won't be happy until it hits at least $1.2 million because I want the whole game.
I won't put money down until it hit's $2.5 million because I want it on consoles.
If it doesn't make it to $2.5 million then I'll just buy it off of Steam when it's on sale.

NZA36

Neo Member
I am definitely amazed that Capcom has not immediately threatened them. But I am certainly glad. I ponied up my $20 yesterday as well.

I'm terrible at Mega Man games, but I love the fact that Inafune is still trying to give the people what they want, in as best a way as he can.

Top Bottom