• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Xater

I am definitely amazed that Capcom has not immediately threatened them. But I am certainly glad. I ponied up my $20 yesterday as well.

I'm terrible at Mega Man games, but I love the fact that Inafune is still trying to give the people what they want, in as best a way as he can.

Why? Because it looks similar? If it's a style f an artist you can't make him change that. There is also nothing they can do about the gameplay part. if that would have been something you could take legal actions for thee would be no other FPS games then the ones from id.

Fireblend

Banned
it supposed to be very easy porting from PS3 to Vita no? so if they hit the consoles goal and got a PS3 version going then a digital Vita version will be like extra free money for them.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft will all be bending over backwards to have this game on their console in a matter of weeks if they're not already in talks to do just that. I really wouldn't worry about even reaching the console stretchgoal.

Anyone else notice an increase of pledges after hitting the goal? I think it's doing a little over 20k per hour pretty consistently right now. Let's hope it keeps up so by the end of the day it hits the 1.1 mark. Maybe we can even get the two extra stages today!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Real happy the PC version is already funded. Hopefully it reaches the stretch goals in the following days. Making of documentary would be great, I'm catching up on DF's and 2 Player Productions does a good job.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Hahaha, Dyack must feel like such shit right now. You see this is what happens when the community trusts and loves a developer.

Gartooth

Wouldn't be surprised that in the scenario we don't get 2.5 mil to fund console versions, to see Sony step in and fund PS3/PS4 ports themselves.

Xater

Wouldn't be surprised that in the scenario we don't get 2.5 mil to fund console versions, to see Sony step in and fund PS3/PS4 ports themselves.

PS4 and Vita seems likely with their recent love for indie titles and this would also be a prestige game to have. We already heard about Sony lending out PS4 dev kits for free I can see that happening gain.

FLAguy954

ironically, based on the concept art, I think a 3DS version probably seems less and less likely as they get more money... the 2.5D concept would likely only fly if they exceeded their goals, and I don't think that would run on a 3DS.

Don't underestimate the 3DS. It could totally run the game ala Mighty Switch Force/HD (where one version uses pixel art and the other high resolution assets).

Cmagus

Since it will be a downloadable game it would be cool if we could choose the version we want if it hits the 2.5 mil goal. I'd take a PSN version over PC personally. Glad it is funded though I can't wait to play it. I'll prob bump my contribution to the $60.00 one by the end.

eXistor

Nicely nice! 2.5 million here we come! Pledged for the boxed version myself. I hope Capcpom takes note and sees there is a demand for these games. This isn't even an official MM game and it's doing pretty great already.

Jrs3000

Don't underestimate the 3DS. It could totally run the game ala Mighty Switch Force/HD (where one version uses pixel art and the other high resolution assets).

Not only that but it would sell like hotcakes. Day 1 purchase if I can have this on the go.

Fireblend

Banned
This is a 3D game not a 2D one. (I mean the engine not the gameplay)

The 3DS can handle 3D games pretty easily. You're seriously underestimating it. Look at Castlevania or DKCR.

And you know, the fact MML3 was originally intended for release on 3DS, and afaik that was a 3D game.

The consoles goal is ridiculous, if 250000 can get you a documentary I guess developing on 3 more platforms is 500000.

But whatever, I'll buy this not-Megaman when it hits Steam

stuminus3

Huh. I've had no Internet for a couple of days. Been passing the time with Mega Man 2 and Mega Man X. Got back online to discover Inafune not only started a Kickstarter for a new not-Mega Man, it got funded already. Good times!

Haha @ Capcpom.

antibolo

Banned
I hope that Capcom tries (and fails) to shut it down. The negative PR that will result from the incident will take them years to repair.

Burn, Capcom, burn.

Burai

shitonmychest57
People gave 900k$ and keeps giving money for something that is Mega Man in everything but the name. Peope are saying "Yes, we want a new Mega Man." with their wallets.

If Capcom doesn't react to this in any way, they are bigger idiots than I thought.

The problem is that the scale this project is operating on and the nature of the funding doesn't translate to a large publisher. The $900k figure is off the table for a start as they'll want XBLA and PSN at a bare minimum, plus they'll also want to make a decent profit and everyone in the chain needs to get paid. You're looking at $3-4m to make this work for an actual publisher and that's a lot for them to be putting up front for what is a risky franchise and concept.

I'm really glad we have Kickstarter now so that a) the fans can really put their money where their mouths are and b) indie developers can make the projects they really want to make without publishers who aren't just unwilling but in many cases unable to fit a project like this into the scale of their business.

Ran rp

tumblr_msicw8cPZP1rlws54o1_500.png

tumblr_msicw8cPZP1rlws54o2_500.png

tumblr_msicw8cPZP1rlws54o3_500.png

lol

Wait, what's with the Dyack posts? Did he attempt a kickstarter recently?

His second kickstarter failed to meet the goal even after a lower goal. Technically, it was the third, but the second one got cancelled. The game was Shadow of the Eternals. This second kickstarter was asking for ~700k and didn't even reach half of it.

Xater

The 3DS can handle 3D games pretty easily. You're seriously underestimating it. Look at Castlevania or DKCR.

And you know, the fact MML3 was originally intended for release on 3DS, and afaik that was a 3D game.

Looking what systems they aim for it would need to be downscaled significantly. Also Castlevania runs like shit.

Top Bottom