• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

I hope one of the question mark stretch goals is more levels. Personally, I like more levels more then anything since it expands the game's length.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm not familiar with Kickstarter, is it possible for this to dramatically slow down? Because I'm not seeing how this won't reach 2.5 soon.

Yeah, there's always a lull during the middle of the campaign, then another giant push at the very end.

iavi

I honestly think one of those surprise stretch goals is voice acting.

It would be idiotic to ignore the install bases of the current gen consoles, which will still have plenty of life for the next few years. That said, someone ping Adam Boyes & crew to start talking to Comcept.

I think it should be on everything, but start from the top then work their way down.

Fireblend

Banned
Damn these shirts are amazing :( I want one

UA8Ai6A.png

Himself

I hope one of the question mark stretch goals is more levels. Personally, I like more levels more then anything since it expands the game's length.

Somewhere in there they said they would be looking for fan feedback regarding length vs. replayability.

I personally enjoy a game that doesn't overstay its welcome yet encourages you to play through again.

This is far from over. Thos 100k strong for MML3 are all going to back this too, right? :p Even if they don't, I think we'll definitely reach the 2.5 million console stretch goal.

antibolo

Banned
Sega fans and really all fans do the same thing. They get attached to branding, names, art, and basically everything that isn't the people who create games.

Yeah that's all too true, and sad.

Case in point: Lost Odyssey flopped, while Final Fantasy XIII sold millions.

Fans are incredibly dumb.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
@MightyNo9 it's a shame Capcpom didn't want to get more involved :-( if we saw there was any chance of a new Mega Man game people might change minds

KZFT2MG.png

Boogiepop

Whoa, somebody actually went for the dinner with Inafune. Geez, that's crazy. I'm also a little scared that a part of me totally wants to donate enough to get a plush. Is this what it feels like to find a kickstarter you're actually super interested in? Oh man.

Also, feeling like we're probably at least going to get to the new game+ stretch goal, but here's hoping it makes it all the way to the console version. Why must the stretch goal I want most be so far away?

Himself

Reminds of people who watch movies because of the actors starring in it and have no idea about who the director is.

Glad to see this hit One-Million Dollars. Although I would be content with the 1.2 million "complete game" I still hope they reach the 2.5 million goal though as I am sure many people would like to play this on a console, hell I would probably make sure I get the PSN version if given the choice.

Somewhere in there they said they would be looking for fan feedback regarding length vs. replayability.

I personally enjoy a game that doesn't overstay its welcome yet encourages you to play through again.

That is interesting to hear. Depending on what they intend to do for New Game +, it would be cool to see something like remixed levels. Maybe even a playable Call? But I guess it is way too early to speculate about that kind of stuff.

Yes Boss!

Glad to see this hit One-Million Dollars. Although I would be content with the 1.2 million "complete game" I still hope they reach the 2.5 million goal though as I am sure many people would like to play this on a console, hell I would probably make sure I get the PSN version if given the choice.

Well, all due respect to the PC Folks but I'm pretty sure 90% of folks wanna play this on a proper console or handheld. I'm sure it will hit the console goals though.

TheWriter

Lost Odyssey launched on the wrong console. I bought the 360 for it and I like it more than FF13, but it would've undoubtly sold better on the PS3, especially in Japan.
FF13 was the long hyped sequel and also the first HD version of the most popular JRPG series ever.
That's not even a fair comparison to make, especially not one to deduce how stupid a fanbase is.

With regards to the console ports, at this point is it possible for Sony or MS to step in and buy exclusivity?

Just out of curiosity.

Heck, could Capcom even come in and buy his new company? I know it would be unethical, but legally is there anything stopping him from selling all this pent up demand to the highest bidder?

Refyref

With regards to the console ports, at this point is it possible for Sony or MS to step in and buy exclusivity?

Just out of curiosity.

Heck, could Capcom even come in and buy his new company? I know it would be unethical, but legally is there anything stopping him from selling all this pent up demand to the highest bidder?

Legally, no, but there is no reason for him to do that.

Fireblend

Banned

Just out of curiosity.

Well, no, but it'd be a huge fuck you to the fans, specially after so much talk about remaining true to the vision and this whole project being about Inafune's concept of dev-gamers collaboration. I'm pretty sure the project would have to be cancelled because it would break KS's ToS, which makes project owners obligated to fulfill their promises to backers. They can't guarantee that if there's a huge corporation suddenly involved in the decision-making process.

Malajax

I'm excited for this game, and I'm happy to back it, but people need to knock it off with shitting on Capcom and perpetuating this "oh, they're so bad to Mega Man fans" nonsense.

There are as many good Mega Man games as there are good games in any other series in gaming. The fact that the fan base is insatiable doesn't mean Capcom is doing something wrong.

How many of these damn things do you need to be happy? Some of you really act like nothing short of one Mega Man game every year or two for the rest of your life would satisfy you.

Let me be the one to say I'm really grateful for everything the company has done with the series, I'm still not over how cool it is that Mega Man 9 and 10 exist, and I think it's sad that so many people have this "what have you done for me lately?" perspective on everything.

Imagine in an alternate world, Nintendo just announced Mario Galaxy. Everything that has been shown looks amazing and Nintendo fans are hype. Suddenly, Mario Galaxy is cancelled and the upcoming Mario Kart game is cancelled. All upcoming Mario games have been put on hold because for some reason, Nintendo feels like there isn't much of an audience anymore.

This is what happened with Megaman. I don't think anyone wanted the series to become annualized, but to pull the rug out of a loyal fan base with nothing to cite other than "reasons" is pretty unfair to those fans. Mighty No 9 shows that there clearly is an audience for Megaman, but Capcom chooses to sit and do nothing with it. Capcom is doing something wrong here.

Megaman Volnutt always was my favorite Megaman.

Well that's nice to know. They really are going all out with letting the fans get involved with the game so that's pretty cool.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
One million troops.

i5EHlOM13AVoo.gif

Top Bottom