• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Fireblend

Banned
Such a small market. If the "money has to be right" they should bring it to all consoles first then port to less-gamer-centric computer OSs.

The cost of bringing the game to those platforms is minuscule in comparison with pretty much any other platform, specially consoles. Pretty sure that stretchgoal is just there for people to feel like they achieved something (of course there's still some effort involved, but I think out of all the stretchgoals they're planning, that's the cheapest one).

JordanN

Banned
-HPANV.png
"Your legend has just begun."

#dead

Soule

Such a small market. If the "money has to be right" they should bring it to all consoles first then port to less-gamer-centric computer OSs.

I was under the impression that it was a lot easier to port a game between OSs than between platforms.

Trike

So the only thing that sucks about this is that the Mega Man Board game kickstarter will probably either be delayed, get cancelled, or fail. Capcom may be cocks about Mega Man, but Jasco isn't.

Just noticed these two charming captions under the No.2 & No.6 concepts:

No.2:
Overheard at recess: “Billy Backer says you can trick him into the water to make him freeze himself and he dies instantly!” (Note: Not true. ...We don’t think.)

No.6:
“Tommy’s brother heard if you magnet his missile back at him and pause the game right when it hits, he loses all his health down to one!” (Note: Also False. Probably.)

This KS page is such a gem.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I'm going to back this, but I need to know first how much I can put into the final pledge. I really want that physical copy, but I would feel like too much of a jerk pledging for it now only to potentially downgrade it later on and deny them part of my moneys.

...Oh what the hell, I'll just pledge for the digital copy right now.

Zee-Row

Banned
I'm planning to contribute , I love the concept and hopefully this game forces Capcom to finally give Mega Man attention.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to back this, but I need to know first how much I can put into the final pledge. I really want that physical copy, but I would feel like too much of a jerk pledging for it now only to potentially downgrade it later on and deny them part of my moneys.

...Oh what the hell, I'll just pledge for the digital copy right now.

First you pledge for the digital copy and the game's awesome potential. Then you realize, "Wait, I can get a digital game manual, art book, and soundtrack for $20 more. Might as well!"

Then you see the physical game box. And the t-shirt. And the plushie. And the 3D printed boss model.

You open your eyes. You find yourself across the table from Inafune in a local Hokkaido fishery.

JB2448

I'm gonna back some games,
Just took $20 out of my pocket

I'm sorry.

But yeah, here's hoping that this game turns out being as good as the art and the veteran staff promise it to be (so high res!):

chrono01

First you pledge for the digital copy and the game's awesome potential. Then you realize, "Wait, I can get a digital game manual, art book, and soundtrack for $20 more. Might as well!"

Then you see the physical game box. And the t-shirt. And the plushie. And the 3D printed boss model.

You open your eyes. You find yourself across the table from Inafune in a local Hokkaido fishery.
Pretty much. You've been warned.

I started with the $99 pledge, then opted for the $120 one and now I'm going to upgrade to the $250 in a short while. Will I go higher than that? We shall see.

I have always wanted to visit Japan...

DMG-01

In all honesty I probably won't back this, but I'll buy the game day one for sure. I'm just too lazy to make a KS account and too cheap to pledge $20 for what might be a cheaper game. :p

Who's the one at the very top of the moon? And is that Zero all the way on the right? Since when is he a Mega Man? And who's that evil looking face in the middle of OG and Legends?

Soul Beat

Who's the one at the very top of the moon? And is that Zero all the way on the right? Since when is he a Mega Man? And who's that evil looking face in the middle of OG and Legends?
That's Aile from Mega Man ZX
Since he got his own series of games?
That's Omega Xis (sp?) from the Mega Man Star Force series.

Manu

Vent from Mega Man ZX.
Yup.
Since the Mega Man Zero series happened. Also, he was the original Mega Man X, Capcom thought the redesign was too drastic and he became a new character.
I dunno, maybe the artist?

Already a bunch of fanart, wow.

I'm liking this one a lot:

In all honesty I probably won't back this, but I'll buy the game day one for sure. I'm just too lazy to make a KS account and too cheap to pledge $20 for what might be a cheaper game. :p

Making the KS account was shockingly hassle-free, and the pledge just used my cached Amazon login.

This is how all internet experiences should be.

chrono01

I think I'm finally done altering my pledge. I just upgraded from $120 to the $250 option.

While I would like the original sketch from Inafune-san, I really can't afford the $500 price right now. If I had time to plan for it, sure, but since the money will be required/needed at the end of the month, I must [regretfully] decline. His signature on the hardcover art book/strategy guide will have to suffice.

Wereroku

I think I'm finally done altering my pledge. I just upgraded from $120 to the $250 option.

While I would like the original sketch from Inafune-san, I really can't afford the $500 price right now. If I had time to plan for it, sure, but since the money will be required/needed at the end of the month, I must [regretfully] decline. His signature on the hardcover art book/strategy guide will have to suffice.
I get ya man luckily i am getting little extra this month from some major overtime. Hardcover book sounds awesome.

chrono01

I get ya man luckily i am getting little extra this month from some major overtime. Hardcover book sounds awesome.
Yeah, I'm pretty excited for it.

I do envy you, though, having that original sketch will be a treasure for sure. It's definitely a worthwhile purchase/investment. It's great to see such support for this, the fact that it's reached just under $1,100,000 in a little over a day? That's impressive.

Making the KS account was shockingly hassle-free, and the pledge just used my cached Amazon login.

This is how all internet experiences should be.
Yeah, it's a very stream-lined experience. Altering your pledge is incredibly simple, as well.

Toad.T

Banned
Just showed a friend the concept video. He isn't the biggest RockFan, but even he wants to back it.

Did my part by contributing $20 (for now). Honestly hope that the console goal gets reached, though. Everyone deserves the Mockman love.

Trike

Would be hilarious/sad if 80% of the backers are just Capcom employees who will back out at the last moment.

I was sitting on the $250/$500 fence too. I wasn't sure if the sketch would be worth it. But your post convinced me that I will upgrade to $500 so I don't look like a casualry.

sajj316

I can see them making a Vita/3DS version even if its just a digial release. The official twitter account even favorited one of my tweets asking Sony to get involved and get behind this ...

chrono01

I was sitting on the $250/$500 fence too. I wasn't sure if the sketch would be worth it. But your post convinced me that I will upgrade to $500 so I don't look like a casualry.
Haha, happy I could help [my sympathies go out to your money, however]!

For something like this, though, as I said I feel $500 is entirely worth it. The fact that only 200 of these will ever exist [and drawn personally by Inafune-san]? I would frame that as soon as I got it and mount it on my wall.

Alas however, I will have to admire it from afar. I'm glad to see others taking the leap, however.

Wereroku

Would be hilarious/sad if 80% of the backers are just Capcom employees who will back out at the last moment.

That would be funny since you cant back out now.

But yeah if your on the fence for the sketch back it since it is limited and it will sell out.

Top Bottom