• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

clem84

Gold Member
Any other backer kinda bummed that we're not going to see this game for almost another 2 years? It's kinda bittersweet. The existence of this project makes me really happy... but having to wait 2 years :(

Kokonoe

Banned
Does that make yacht club games John the Baptist?

Yes.
KuGsj.gif

Any other backer kinda bummed that we're not going to see this game for almost another 2 years? It's kinda bittersweet. The existence of this project makes me really happy... but having to wait 2 years :(

Not really. How else could this have gone down? We also don't know when in 2015 it will launch, so it could be more like 18 months.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Has there been any talk of this being targeted for next gen platforms, namely PS4? Well hopefully since it'll be on PSN it will be on PS4 as well?

RM8

I think this is the first video game I've backed on Kickstarter that doesn't look like an NES game.
I'm sure no game you've backed looks like a NES game. Unless you have only backed Shovel Knight which kind of looks like an actual NES game.

Has there been any talk of this being targeted for next gen platforms, namely PS4? Well hopefully since it'll be on PSN it will be on PS4 as well?

it doesn't mean much that it's on PSN, they might release it for PS4 if they see it viable(which I feel they probably will)

At least it's on PC and Wii U, I'm so getting both.

clem84

Gold Member

There are two mystery stretch goals so 3DS, Vita, PS4 and XB1 are still a possibility.

thefro

Does that make yacht club games John the Baptist?

The way I see it:

AVGN Movie --> Double Fine Adventure --> Shovel Knight --> Mighty No. 9

Funny part is Mighty No. 9 might make it out before the AVGN movie is finally edited and ready to release.

Wish they gave us more info on the beta access. I want to go for the $99 pledge for the beta but I want to know how early we'd get it.. :(

damn What I miss since the 900K funding

PSY・S;79600753 said:

How sweet of Capcom UK defending Capcom JPN

Renegade Kid is even offering to help them with a 3DS version.

https://twitter.com/JoolsWatsham/status/374593917863202816

S3ZTdLs.gif

It took Keiji Inafune almost 2 days to raise 1 million dollars!

S3ZTdLs.gif

This is perfect

God, already one million?! How awesome is that?! And about the consoles stretch goal...

nothing_stops_this_train-9763.gif

With all my hype for this coming up generation, none of the next gen trailers and gameplay impressions has filled me with the same level of joy as Mighty No9's KS and support. And the game is still in preproduction.

Pyrokai

Wait....I didn't get a chance to put any money down yet. Is it too late to pay anything because it has been fully funded already?

Edit: Duh. Nevermind. Sorry! :p

chrono01

Wait....I didn't get a chance to put any money down yet. Is it too late to pay anything because it has been fully funded already?
Nope, you can contribute even after it's met its goal. We need to go for those Stretch Goals!

Simply pledge as normal.

Edit: It seems you've already discovered the answer for yourself. :)

chrono01

So I finally got around to watching the kickstarter video, it was perfection. I will pledge as much money as I can to this project.
Yeah, the Kickstarter video was very sincere/genuine. After watching that if anyone is a fan of Mega Man, or video games in general, I'd find it hard to believe that they wouldn't contribute to the cause. There seems to be a lot of passion behind the project too.

I have full confidence that Mighty No. 9 is going to be something truly special.

Pretty wild to think that Comcept is going to make like 100% pure profit since this game will be entirely KS funded...

I wonder about that, from the FAQs:
Isn’t $900K a little cheap for the game you are promising?

Good question! Let us guess—you’ve worked in the game industry? :) Yes, it’s true—our internal estimates for the full production cost of this game are greater than our initial goal, especially once you take out the fees and reward costs. But that’s OK! Both Comcept and Inti Creates have the resources to forgo full funding to make this project happen, since both companies will benefit more than they would in a typical publisher-funded setup once the game releases. To put it simply, if enough fans are excited about this game to hit our initial goal, then we, the companies developing this game, are willing to put up more of our own money as well, right along there with you.

So, no, this is not a case where the initial goal is set irresponsibly low, risking everything in the hopes that the Kickstarter campaign will pay off over expectations and get us where we secretly, actually need to be financially. We do understand that concern, though, and kept it in mind when carefully setting our initial funding goal. More money over the initial goal would be wonderful—don’t get us wrong! :)—in that it could potentially reduce what our companies have to shoulder up front, and of course more importantly make for a lot more features and platforms and other stuff we’d love to see happen. But we have run the numbers and we are fully confident that, should we hit our initial goal and nothing more, we can make a great game that fulfills the promise of this project, both for our backers and for anyone else who plays the game.

By the way—if you have some spare time, you mind talking to any folks you might happen to see ask the next question? :)

Seems they do expect to invest a bit, it just isn't clear how much is necessary if all stretch goals are met.

Village

So I finally got around to watching the kickstarter video, it was perfection. I will pledge as much money as I can to this project.

Your presence reminds me their needs to be a Not Bass.

Also Not Bass should be playable if we get enough money.

He shall be called Slash.

vg260

Game development is a surprisingly long process. We almost never hear about games this early on.

Fireblend

Banned
Pretty wild to think that Comcept is going to make like 100% pure profit since this game will be entirely KS funded...

I doubt it. They mentioned on the FAQ they're considering into their calculations having to pitch in from their own funds, no matter how much the project's backers pledge to it. There's definitely an element of risk to the whole thing, even if we reach the 2.5mil mark. They seem to be really into managing and tracking their expenses though, and I really hope they end up with enough profit to show the industry how a kickstarter project can be successful both for the creators and for the backers. I don't think we've seen many that demonstrate that principle yet.

Village

Pretty sure the Bass counterpart is going to be something amazing like Carpe and his side kick Diem

Nah, But they are letting people design bad guys later so I will be trying my hand at that.

I already have ideas I am working on.

Slash.

And Evil doctor whose name is a pun related To Dr.Dre or Timberland.

And Boss named Metal Fingers.

Your presence reminds me their needs to be a Not Bass.

Also Not Bass should be playable if we get enough money.

He shall be called Slash.

For 10 years my user name on the internet for everything gaming related has been Bass from the Mega Man franchise. The death of the MM franchise has been brutal to me and I'm not sure how I'd feel whenever we get Not Bass in the Mighty No 9 franchise.

TheMink

Nah, But they are letting people design bad guys later so I will be trying my hand at that.

I already have ideas I am working on.

Slash.

And Evil doctor whose name is a pun related To Dr.Dre or Timberland.

And Boss named Metal Fingers.

But Slash was already a Megaman villain :p

Manu

I will name him something else. Hmm "Yes", would be weird.

Well I will come up with some more concepts and you all can name him how about that?

Bass related? Slash already used? Dude, it's so obvious: call him Duff.

(I'm aware of Duff McWhalen, but fuck Duff McWhalen)

wilflare

I am really hoping for a Vita version
(I have a 3DS XL but dang, playing this on the Vita OLED and D-Pad would be much better!)

brother wants me to up my contribution to get the physical box ><

Tripon

I am really hoping for a Vita version
(I have a 3DS XL but dang, playing this on the Vita OLED and D-Pad would be much better!)

brother wants me to up my contribution to get the physical box ><

I wouldn't want to commit to a physical box until I know for sure what platforms its is coming to. From the KS, it seems like the physical box is only for the PC version.

Top Bottom