• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

what a slick, endearing KS campaign. Inafune and company are doing everything right. can't help but want to support them.

went in for a physical box, and there's a good chance I will cave on the artbook before the month is up.

Trike

That would be funny since you cant back out now.

But yeah if your on the fence for the sketch back it since it is limited and it will sell out.

Look, I clearly don't know how kickstarter works. What I do now know is that I am apparently now committed to $500 towards Mighty No. 9 and am getting a sketch thanks to chrono01's obviously underhanded guilt trip. I assume the payment will go through on October 2nd?

catabarez

Look, I clearly don't know how kickstarter works. What I do now know is that I am apparently now committed to $500 towards Mighty No. 9 and am getting a sketch thanks to chrono01's obviously underhanded guilt trip. I assume the payment will go through on October 2nd?

You can back out whenever you want.

nbraun80

you're good man, you can back out up until it ends on October 1st, and no one is charged until then either. :)

Boogiepop

Well, I'm in for my first ever Kickstarter backing ever. Went for $40, as I want that soundtrack+artbook. I really considered going nuts and going in for the $175 for the plush, but then I read closer and realized that I had for some reason assumed it was going to be Mighty No. 2, whose design I love, when it's actually just a non-determined enemy, AKA probably not one of the numbers. And honestly, I'm not willing to take the jump for a non-boss enemy whose design I don't even get to see ahead of time. And then from there I determined that my desire for a physical copy of the artbook did not match up with the extra $80 it would cost me, so it made $40 a nice, reasonable choice.

Since I'm new to Kickstarter, I guess I'll ask: if I weaken later on in the month and decide I want to go for a higher reward, I can just add the difference from my current donation and be good to go, right?

Caffeine

i get a tier and then every tier above mine has such satisfying material in it but i cant pledge higher looking into the future financially :(

Boogiepop

Oh yeah, what's up with there being a $9999+ and a $10,000+ tier, and for some reason 2 people apparently decided that the dinner with Inafune wasn't worth the extra dollar after going in for $9999?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Oh yeah, what's up with there being a $9999+ and a $10,000+ tier, and for some reason 2 people apparently decided that the dinner with Inafune wasn't worth the extra dollar after going in for $9999?

The Dinner with Inafune tier doesn't include the other limited tiers. Also, they could potentially run out of $10,000 pledges, but people could still pledge $9,999.

Weiss

Banned
It seriously blows my mind that Capcom won't make any new Megaman games for whatever reason, but Inafune can raise a million dollars in two days with Not-Megaman.

Trike

You can back out whenever you want.

Maybe I can literally back out, but I have made a commitment regardless. To back out now would mean to cast great shame upon my username that I have already used in too many places/have brought shame to.

To hell with it, I convinced myself.

$500 tier purchased, I need that sketch.

It's okay to say that I convinced you bro, we can compare our sketches and flaunt them in front of the other casualries. The extra amount we donated is equal to a $500 donation! Or our combined donations equal roughly 1/1100 of current donations. Actually, I wonder how much gaffers have contributed total?

Not really that much of a dick. If you donated $1 or $10,000 you are an awesome dude in my book.

you're good man, you can back out up until it ends on October 1st, and no one is charged until then either. :)

Thanks for the clarification, but I am in it for the long haul now. Nothing stops this train.

Would gladly help back this if one of those ??? is a 3DS/Vita version.

-HPANV.png

Goddammit, I did not need to see this right now.

Boogiepop

Not if it would make it unfund. It was in response to the joke about a bunch of capcom employees pledging then dropping at the last minute. Once it is funded you can lower below within 24 hours of closing. I was kidding.

Huh. Just out of curiosity, then, is there anything in place to prevent actual trollish dickery? I'm just imagining someone "pledging" a million or something insane and then just dropping it.

Noi

The Dinner with Inafune tier doesn't include the other limited tiers. Also, they could potentially run out of $10,000 pledges, but people could still pledge $9,999.

Dinner with Infafune also doesn't include travel and lodging, so it may be something one isn't willing to pay extra for. I'd opt for the $9999 tier over that if I had that kind of scratch.

chrono01

It's okay to say that I convinced you bro, we can compare our sketches and flaunt them in front of the other casualries. The extra amount we donated is equal to a $500 donation! Or our combined donations equal roughly 1/1100 of current donations. Actually, I wonder how much gaffers have contributed total?

Not really that much of a dick. If you donated $1 or $10,000 you are an awesome dude in my book.
Heh, sounds like a plan!

I agree that people contributing anything at all, even if it's only a $1, is appreciated. Showing support in any way is great to see, so for those pledging $20 or less, your support still has an impact. The higher tiers are simply for those of us that demand need a little something more. :)

I am looking forward to receiving the whole package though
in 2015 >_<
. It seems like a long wait, and it is. I'm sure the end-result will be worth it, though.

Keep pledging, people!

Wereroku

Heh, sounds like a plan!

I agree that people contributing anything at all, even if it's only a $1, is appreciated. Showing support in any way is great to see, so for those pledging $20 or less, your support still has an impact. The higher tiers are simply for those of us that demand need a little something more. :)

I am looking forward to receiving the whole package though
in 2015 >_<
. It seems like a long wait, and it is. I'm sure the end-result will be worth it, though.

Keep pledging, people!
Honestly some of the stuff will probably come sooner than the game.

Teknoman

60 bucks seemed fair as a contribution since its going to be a new game on current platforms you get the game, actual physical box, and manual... which today are pretty damn rare.

Top Bottom