• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

If I were to list my dream console list I wanted to experience this game on, and that would likely be based on controls (and limited to the current crop), 3DS (OG/XL) would be dead-last.

#1 would likely be a WiiU/Vita tie, though that PS4 controller looks mighty comfy.

Have I missed something? Why does shahid need to redeem himself?

This would be awesome on psn though

He doesn't. Shahid is doing good things.

RM8

This would be my ranking of systems I want to play this on:

1- 3DS
2- PC
3- WiiU (I should own one by 2015, right?)
4- PS3

Guess what, I'm getting all of those versions if they materialize.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
So glad it reached its goal! The project definitely has talent on its team.

If Shahid really wants to redeem himself, he must use his power (if he had anyone) in Sony and start negotiations with Inafune right now.

He can put 15 more games on PSN that a lot of people want and he will still have to redeem himself.

Ravek

Banned
So glad it reached its goal! The project definitely has talent on its team.

He can put 15 more games on PSN that a lot of people want and he will still have to redeem himself.

So true.

Regardless, people need to accept that this will be on some Sony system. Its going to happen.

Platy

Nintendo platforms are usualy when 2d sidescrollers sell more, so 3DS and WiiU should be a priority for comcept.

And steam because will sell like hot breads in the sales =P

RM8

Nintendo platforms are usualy when 2d sidescrollers sell more, so 3DS and WiiU should be a priority for comcept.
And even more than Sonic or Rayman, Mega Man is closely related to Nintendo history. It just needs to be on 3DS since it's Nintendo's main platform.

Doing some rough extrapolation based on the funding decay of the "Project Phoenix" RPG, I'd estimate we're trending towards around $2.3 million when all's said and done.

qq more

I ran into a Japanese player that looked suspiciously like Beck. I took the screenshot.

I'm not sure if they were trying to, but it looks so identical it has to be.

I want their outfit, it looks too cool.

...lol i still have that weird outfit you gave me with the mask and all

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I really love that and wish I had a printer. Anyone want a new avatar?

HxFH90j.png

chrono01

Doing some rough extrapolation based on the funding decay of the "Project Phoenix" RPG, I'd estimate we're trending towards around $2.3 million when all's said and done.
Pledges will likely slow down over the next couple of days [and then increase slightly as it nears its final few days], but I don't think the drop-off will be as sudden/drastic as Project Phoenix.

I think the problem with Project Phoenix, at least in my personal opinion, is that people don't really know what to expect from it. That's why I'm hesitant to pledge my money. The whole concept sounds very confusing to me [a JRPG/Squad-Based Real-Time Strategy game with Japanese and Western influences], and it doesn't help that the entire cast hasn't been unveiled yet. I'm not sure why they're holding that information back.

With Mighty No. 9, however, we have a firmer grasp of what the end-result will be. It also comes with a rather genuine introduction video that explains the reasons behind the Kickstarter, and it has a much larger "positive" fanbase backing the project.

I'm not saying pledges won't decrease over time, I'm pretty sure they will, but I don't think it will be to the extent that we experienced with Project Phoenix.

Pledges will likely slow down over the next couple of days [and then increase slightly as it nears its final few days], but I don't think the drop-off will be as sudden/drastic as Project Phoenix.

I think the problem with Project Phoenix, at least in my personal opinion, is that people don't really know what to expect from it. That's why I'm hesitant to pledge my money. The whole concept sounds very confusing to me [a JRPG/Squad-Based Real-Time Strategy game with Japanese and Western influences], and it doesn't help that the entire cast hasn't been unveiled yet. I'm not sure why they're holding that information back.

With Mighty No. 9, however, we have a firmer grasp of what the end-result will be. It also comes with a rather genuine introduction video that explains the reasons behind the Kickstarter, and it has a much larger "positive" fanbase backing the project.

I'm not saying pledges won't decrease over time, I'm pretty sure they will, but I don't think it will be to the extent that we experienced with Project Phoenix.
All kickstarters are front-loaded though. The decay has more to do with eyeballs than content. In a vacuum, I'd expect the %s to break down similarly.

chrono01

All kickstarters are front-loaded though. The decay has more to do with eyeballs than content. In a vacuum, I'd expect the %s to break down similarly.
Possibly, but it depends on how well information about the Kickstarter spreads. I can see it being one of those things that, while decreasing in pledges from the first few days, still maintains a relatively strong backing due to numerous sites informing potential buyers about the project. As you said, though, if new people aren't welcomed into the fold, it won't matter how wide-spread the project is known.

Either way, I'm happy to see that it's gotten as far as it did. I'd love to see it reach its final Stretch Goal, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see how it all ends up.

Drago

Hope they reach the first stretch goal by the time I wake up tomorrow.

This game would be weird with only 6 stages... after all, you are the 9th robot. :p

Sonson21

Banned
Hopefully they make it to that console stretch goal. My laptop is a freaking toaster that couldn't even run Skull Girls. Or maybe I'll finally invest in buying something decent by the time this game drops.

Busaiku

As far as Project Phoenix goes, I was super hyped and kind of just blindly threw money at it because of the names/profiles mentioned.
But then after learning more about the project, finding out what the game actually was, and more about each person's involvement with their previous work, the less I cared, so I withdrew my money there.

Unlike this, where everyone's backgrounds are more transparent, the budget sounds reasonable, and I believe I will actually get something worth my money.

jwhit28

I hope they stick to their initial plan and what they feel comfortable with. I would hate to see a delay of a Kickstarter game because backers demanded support for 4 more platforms. Kickstarter has enough of those kind of high profile disappointments already.

Possibly, but it depends on how well information about the Kickstarter spreads. I can see it being one of those things that, while decreasing in pledges from the first few days, still maintains a relatively strong backing due to numerous sites informing potential buyers about the project. As you said, though, if new people aren't welcomed into the fold, it won't matter how wide-spread the project is known.

Either way, I'm happy to see that it's gotten as far as it did. I'd love to see it reach its final Stretch Goal, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see how it all ends up.
It's so early, even a tiny change in publicity over the next couple of days could have a huge (positive) impact on funding. $2.3 is a realistic, but also pessimistic, estimate.

Busaiku

It should come close to 1.5 Mil tomorrow. Don't forget this has been getting strong support from the Mega Man community and also been advertised by several Youtubers, one of which is by AngryJoe who has over a 1 million subscribers.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=79641097&postcount=2761

I think $1.5 million for tomorrow is pretty unreasonable, unless there's a lot more media coverage for whatever or something.
I think $1.5 million is reasonable for the 1st week though.

chrono01

It's so early, even a tiny change in publicity over the next couple of days could have a huge (positive) impact on funding. $2.3 is a realistic, but also pessimistic, estimate.
Yeah, it's one of those things can be [relatively] hard to predict. It'll be interesting to watch, regardless. :)

I'm curious as to the "???" Stretch Goals. I wonder if one of those is the option of a physical copy. That would be a nice surprise.

ZoddGutts

I think $1.5 million for tomorrow is pretty unreasonable, unless there's a lot more media coverage for whatever or something.
I think $1.5 million is reasonable for the 1st week though.

Kickstarters don't usually slow down till past the 3rd day. Would not be surprise if this is at 1.4m+ tomorrow.

duckroll

Kickstarters don't usually slow down till past the 3rd day. Would not be surprise if this is at 1.4m+ tomorrow.

There's no such thing as "Kickstarters usually" really. Every project has their own patterns due to numerous factors. There's also no need to compare with other projects when you can look at how the one in question is actually doing.

It made 675k in the first 24 hours, about 400k in the second 24 hours, and right now it's still looks on track for 100k every 6 hours, so that's pretty good, but I expect it to slow down further once it gets pretty late in the US after it hits the 1.2 million stretch goal.

1.4 million is certainly possible by tomorrow, but not entirely a sure thing.

There's no such thing as "Kickstarters usually" really. Every project has their own patterns due to numerous factors. There's also no need to compare with other projects when you can look at how the one in question is actually doing.

It made 675k in the first 24 hours, about 400k in the second 24 hours, and right now it's still looks on track for 100k every 6 hours, so that's pretty good, but I expect it to slow down further once it gets pretty late in the US after it hits the 1.2 million stretch goal.

1.4 million is certainly possible by tomorrow, but not entirely a sure thing.

I think it depends a lot of the stretch goals, everyone wants to get to 1.2.... but the next ones aren't that appealing, and many might not care about the console versions.

I just want this to be super successful to show Inafune that we want MORE MIGHTY NO 9 and to make Capcom mad.

Top Bottom