• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Kurod

Banned
s5bDciq.jpg

Awww yeah

Anyone else see another (unlabeled) stretch goal underneath the 2.5 mil?

I never contribute to Kickstarter out of principle, but I will definitely be buying this if it comes out on console. I will even double-dip if it comes out on a console and 3DS or Vita (preferably Vita). It's been fun watching the total rise over the last couple of days.

sephi22

Yep, I noticed that too. Hope it's something like an additional (post-story?) stage or two. A stage builder maybe? Nah, doubt it.
Those seem relatively cheaper so they could be in one of the hidden goals.
Post 2.5mil is definitely next gen consoles.

Or something drastic like a full artstyle upgrade.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yep, I noticed that too. Hope it's something like an additional (post-story?) stage or two. A stage builder maybe? Nah, doubt it.
It wouldn't surprise me.

Aaand that's all for now. We'll reveal the mystery goals or add new ideas if we can fill some of the above levels, but we'll need your help to get that far! So please, help spread the word wherever you can, and THANK YOU so much for your support!

BTW I really find it amusing how upset some people are getting about when I choose to back this. :lol

sephi22

I totally agree with you. If I used Kickstarter, I wouldn't back this until it had a console version guaranteed either. :)
What would be the point? Wouldn't it be cheaper for you to get the downloadable version of the game on your console of choice for $15 than backing it and getting it for $20?

BTW I really find it amusing how upset some people are getting about when I choose to back this. :lol
I don't think upset's the right word. Baffled seems correct.
I'm not upset about when you choose to back this, I'm baffled about your definition of a kickstarter.

What would be the point? Wouldn't it be cheaper for you to get the downloadable version of the game on your console of choice for $15 than backing it and getting it for $20?

Yes, which is why I said 'if I used Kickstarter.' I don't like the idea of crowdfunding in the first place. I prefer the traditional idea that if you invest in something, you get a return from your investment.

Not to mention that there are no guarantees when it comes to products funded through Kickstarter.

I totally agree with you. If I used Kickstarter, I wouldn't back this until it had a console version guaranteed either. :)

On the flip side, I backed it so we do get a console version. I could care less about the game itself. Not my genre, but I do like Mega Man, and I do understand the significance of this campaign. And I want to see this group have a shot at financial rewards.

I'm really glad that this is happening considering Capcom's handling of the MM franchise as of late. Hopefully the interest shown here can be used to smack an executive over the head and get a projecr project rolling there.

Kokonoe

Banned
I want their outfit, it looks too cool.

...lol i still have that weird outfit you gave me with the mask and all

That outfit is mondo cheap since it's the default outfit and you can easily get different colors. Maybe a white one to look more like him.

I'm having a hard time putting faces to the people of 8-4. I know who Mark McD and Hiroko are, but as for the others, I don't know what they look like. Who's John ? Is he on the image below ? Who are these two guys ?

2537887-84.jpg

mclem

Imo the first "???" will end being ps4/xb1 versions while the second "???" will end being the vita version.

It'd be kinda weird to have PS4/XB1/Vita versions at a *considerably* lower stretch level than other console versions.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I'm having a hard time putting faces to the people of 8-4. I know who Mark McD and Hiroko are, but as for the others, I don't know what they look like. Who's John ? Is he on the image below ? Who are these two guys ?

2537887-84.jpg

In order from left to right

Tom (Tastokyo) Kris Knigge (Silicon Era illuminati) Tony Loiseleur (kidnamedtony) and on the far right is Hiroko (Me)

2537887-84.jpg

If you were an EGM reader back in the 90s, John would be John Ricciardi (if I'm not mistaken), one of the EGM staff.

Hell Yeah and Dust are 2D games...Mighty No. 9 is going to be 2.5D and will use 3D models. It won't look as good, but I'm sure it will play beautifully.

why? It doesn't look out of the realm of possibility. Have you ever played dust: an elysian tail?

The thing is... the game is using 3dmodels and not 2d art... so they would have to do some mighty fine stylistic 3d to make it look anywhere near that image.

NEO0MJ

Hell Yeah and Dust are 2D games...Mighty No. 9 is going to be 2.5D and will use 3D models. It won't look as good, but I'm sure it will play beautifully.

Yeah. I think going with that art is a mistake. It might confuse people into thinking this will be a hand drawn 2D game.

Madness

Get shit on Capcom. It's all on you. I hope they pass their goal, and bring this game to the next gen consoles as well. I'll just be sad I have to leave this blue bomber behind for the time being.

Bedlam

KS is to give me what I want when I give them money. It's not a charity.

I don't want to bother revoking my pledge if I know I won't get what I want.

Clearly you don't quite understand the principle behind KS. If everyone would have your attitude, the KS concept wouldn't work at all.

Village

Get shit on Capcom. It's all on you. I hope they pass their goal, and bring this game to the next gen consoles as well. I'll just be sad I have to leave this blue bomber behind for the time being.

Capcom: It's. Coo', now we don't evah have to make another megaman.

In order from left to right

Tom (Tastokyo) Kris Knigge (Silicon Era illuminati) Tony Loiseleur (kidnamedtony) and on the far right is Hiroko (Me)

I had a feeling it was you on the far right. Haven't read any of your posts or threads in years.

I am glad to see this project succeeding like it is right now. Hopefully more Japanese classic developers join the ride.
My kickstart dream would be Mikami to make a God Hand type of game but I doubt that will happen. The fans of God Hand aren't as vocal or big like Mega Man fans.

qq more

That outfit is mondo cheap since it's the default outfit and you can easily get different colors. Maybe a white one to look more like him.

Thanks! I'll do that.

I'm telling you guys, please please. Physical disc/cartridge for the final final final stretch goal.
You won't beleive how happy I would be to get that.

I wonder how far we can go with the funding by the time it ends.

Top Bottom