• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Bedlam

W55JdUk.png

04hljTJ.png
Why not put your money down now so we get closer to that stretch goal and more people using similar logic are likely to pledge? If a lot of people did this (waited until a certain amount is reached), a lot of potential might go to waste. Maybe none of them will pledge - because none of the others pledged. You got to break this circle, man!

You can always withdraw your pledge if the strech goal isn't reached before the KS ends.

Why not put your money down now so we get closer to that stretch goal and more people using similar logic are likely to pledge? If a lot of people did this (waited until a certain amount is reached), a lot of potential might go to waste. Maybe none of them will pledge - because none of the others pledged. You got to break this circle, man!

You can always withdraw your pledge if the strech goal isn't reached before the KS ends.

For me, I'd probably forget to remove my pledge, haha.
I love the idea of this game, but I cannot back a PC game. I don't play games on my PC and don't want to encourage others to release only on PC. I'm not being a fanboy or "lowly peasant console gamer", I just have no interest in it.

I love the idea of this game, but I cannot back a PC game. I don't play games on my PC and don't want to encourage others to release only on PC. I'm not being a fanboy or "lowly peasant console gamer", I just have no interest in it.
and this mindset will ensure that the console versions will never happen. a self fulfilled prophecy.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I won't be happy until it hits at least $1.2 million because I want the whole game.
I won't put money down until it hit's $2.5 million because I want it on consoles.
If it doesn't make it to $2.5 million then I'll just buy it off of Steam when it's on sale.
One down, one to go.

shira

I won't be happy until it hits at least $1.2 million because I want the whole game.
I won't put money down until it hit's $2.5 million because I want it on consoles.
If it doesn't make it to $2.5 million then I'll just buy it off of Steam when it's on sale.

I hate people like this. Kickstarter is to fund shit, not bandwagon when it suits your needs.

You know, they don't charge your card until the funding period is over.

zeopower6

Mm, I wish more people knew how Kickstarter worked... they don't take any money at all until the end of the campaign so you are free to lower/increase your pledge until then.

pariah164

I hate people like this. Kickstarter is to fund shit, not bandwagon when it suits your needs.
Thank you. Been wanting to say this since I saw that post. I backed it at the lowest level possible, mostly since I'm pretty strapped for cash till Pokemon comes out

If you want to fund it, fund it because you want it to be successful.

this is why we can't have nice things, just fund it and revoke if you're not happy. The whole point is that if you want the console version then we all do it together.

Revoking takes SECONDS, Kickstarter does a great job at making everything easy and quick.

Nekofrog

Banned
Just pledged $60. I want dat gamebox. I hope this sends a message to Capcpcom that Legends 3 could absolutely succeed. That's not why I backed it, I backed it because I want the game, but a secondary effect would be nice.

Arozay

While I backed this on the first day, stretch goals are still stupid (especially in this case). As if they were going to omit 2 stages when the game's called Mighty fucking #9, just have the balls and ask for a higher initial pledge. Also having the console goal as a carrot on a stick is dumb considering the lineage.

While I backed this on the first day, stretch goals are still stupid (especially in this case). As if they were going to omit 2 stages when the game's called Mighty fucking #9, just have the balls and ask for a higher initial pledge. Also having the console goal as a carrot on a stick is dumb considering the lineage.

I think it's perfectly fine, you set a realistic goal so no one does the "I won't back it up because I don't think they'll reach the inital one" and then set things that people will OBVIOUSLY WANT, worst case scenario we get it on PC which is already the best place to have the game.

This will reach 2.5million easily so I don't see the problem tbh.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I actually wonder if one of the conditions that CAPCOM might lay down on Nintendo using Mega Man in the upcoming Smash Bros is to ensure that none of their systems can play the Mighty No. 9...

lol what? that is some weak sauce concern trolling man :)

Durante

I think putting expensive stuff as high stretch goals is eminently reasonable.

KS is to give me what I want when I give them money. It's not a charity.

Except it totally is. You're giving money to people who in all honesty have no legal grounds to actually deliver on what is promised (merely to "make an effort" to). Besides if youre going to take that tack then the developers are only to give you new features when you give them money, and then nothing gets made ever. If everyone who wanted that feature thought that way then it would never reach the funding goal, because no one would fund it in the first place. "I'm not going to fund this game til it's funded", silliness

Except it totally is. You're giving money to people who in all honesty have no legal grounds to actually deliver on what is promised (merely to "make an effort" to). Besides if youre going to take that tack then the developers are only to give you new features when you give them money, and then nothing gets made ever. If everyone who wanted that feature thought that way then it would never reach the funding goal, because no one would fund it in the first place. "I'm not going to fund this game til it's funded", silliness

Exactly, if everyone thought like him then we would never get anything from crowd funding, I'm glad some of us actually think. There's no excuse when you can easily revoke it.

For those iffy or on the fence regarding Kickstarter, don't pledge unless you are fully behind it. Indecisiveness isn't flattering. Anyways, I always pledge nonethless. Sometimes, this KickStarter in particular, the rewards you get for some of the tiers are enough in themselves. I mean, hell, the plushie, tshirt, signed hardcover artboot/guide, printed manuals and boxes, all that shit is collectors items I'm sure, if you don't want em', you could fetch a cool buck by selling them(or auctioning them off) to those who do(and missed out this time around). I mean, you see that happening with other rewards for past KickStarter projects.

I mean, hell, every little bit helps, regardless if a certain stretch goal is not made. Though, I doubt this will not reach the Wii U/PS3/X360 goal. It just might go over. And if that happens, they might add more stretch goals. Pledging has slowed down, but it's still going pretty steady. And from the counter, there's 28 more days to go. 1.2 million dollars as of now and it keeps going. Have a little faith and hope!

john tv

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and say THANKS for the amazing responses so far. We've been crazy busy (as you can imagine), but we've been following this thread, Twitter, FB, the comments on the KS page, etc. etc. The enthusiasm we've seen and the outpouring of support has been amazing, and has us all wanting to work even harder to make this a success. We'll be talking to the team regularly to pass on your feedback, your requests, the things you like and the things you don't, etc. Hell, at PAX we were showing Inafune-san some of your posts and art and such in person just to make sure he knew how passionate you were about this. :)

Mark already chimed in, but personally speaking, I just wanna say this is the most exciting thing I've ever been a part of (and I've been a part of some cool shit over the years!) -- being able to stand up for the fans and do something like this together is amazing. I want this game to be incredible, and based on what we've seen so far from all the members involved, I have very high hopes.

So anyway, yeah - just wanted to say THANKS. You guys rock. :)

OK...back to work!

(John from 8-4)

Nokterian

Woah 1.2 million amazing! Capcpom will not respond to this like i earlier said in this thread there delusional with there investors and not listening to there fans. Now i want that turbo mode!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and say THANKS for the amazing responses so far. We've been crazy busy (as you can imagine), but we've been following this thread, Twitter, FB, the comments on the KS page, etc. etc. The enthusiasm we've seen and the outpouring of support has been amazing, and has us all wanting to work even harder to make this a success. We'll be talking to the team regularly to pass on your feedback, your requests, the things you like and the things you don't, etc. Hell, at PAX we were showing Inafune-san some of your posts and art and such in person just to make sure he knew how passionate you were about this. :)

Mark already chimed in, but personally speaking, I just wanna say this is the most exciting thing I've ever been a part of (and I've been a part of some cool shit over the years!) -- being able to stand up for the fans and do something like this together is amazing. I want this game to be incredible, and based on what we've seen so far from all the members involved, I have very high hopes.

So anyway, yeah - just wanted to say THANKS. You guys rock. :)

OK...back to work!

(John from 8-4)
I was glad when it was announced you guys were doing the localization. Glad this got funded as much as it has so far. Keep up the good work.

Hermii

Kind of weird priorities for stretch goals. Do they really need that much extra money to port the game to a couple of more platforms and multiply the potential sales?

Bedlam

The PC version is already funded which is why now every additional dollar goes towards the stetch goal of a console version. You're not encouraging a release on PC if you pledge now.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Success on PC would end up funding console ports, it's just that they wouldn't be able to do them until that PC money comes in. Since the platform is so good at raising money for ports, the priority is to first make it as fantastic of a game as they can.

sephi22

'I won't fund till this gets funded'
Makes no sense to me. If everyone who wanted this on console didn't pledge TILL it reached the 2.5 mil mark, what makes you think it would reach that mark anyway?
I want to play this on PS3/PS4 and I pledged $99. I'd like to think my contribution will take them to that 2.5mil mark.

'I won't fund till this gets funded'
Makes no sense to me. If everyone who wanted this on console didn't pledge TILL it reached the 2.5 mil mark, what makes you think it would reach that mark anyway?
I want to play this on PS3/PS4 and I pledged $99. I'd like to think my contribution will take them to that 2.5mil mark.

This. I want the console versions more than anything, but I'm not pussyfooting around whether I want to fund it until it reaches that goal. Console or not(even though I believe it WILL reach the console goal), I believe in this project. Hell, even when it reaches the consoles and, eventually, is released, I'm going to buy it for EVERY console I have. Here's hoping they get a PS4 versions too! I've never had a problem supporting those who's projects I believe in, and IMO, I think we need more developers like this.

KS is to give me what I want when I give them money. It's not a charity.

I don't want to bother revoking my pledge if I know I won't get what I want.

No, KS is to help the company give you what you want, and the way to do that is to fund them.

I have no idea what made you think otherwise.

Top Bottom