• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Regiruler

I'm telling you guys, please please. Physical disc/cartridge for the final final final stretch goal.

According to the Shovel Knight devs this is a rather painful and expensive process and would require a large sum of money, so the amount of money that would need to be added on would be enormous.

qq more

Just a thought: I think it would be really awesome if the 3DS version was sprite-based.

According to the Shovel Knight devs this is a rather painful and expensive process and would require a large sum of money, so the amount of money that would need to be added on would be enormous.

I would be more than happy if it's at least a limited disc release for backers.

synce

PS4 version is practically guaranteed, PS3 stretch goal is so far away because it can't be any closer probably because it's more complicated to port than PS4. And the stuff between PS3 and PC version is just filler that could be done for free

wilflare

Cross-post from the Vita Thread

VitaGAF, can we PLEASE get this game on the Vita?
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

Their twitter account mentioned that if there is enough interest for Vita/PS4, they would consider a stretch goal :)
https://twitter.com/MightyNo9/status/374295967782039553
@BluePlusBlack PS3 is stretch goal already, PS4 / Vita we'd love to but only IF we hear enough interest and can make the money work. Thanks!

I just tweeted them with a #MightNo9VitaPS4 hashtag!
please get it on :D
https://twitter.com/wilflare/status/374726479608684544

EDIT: I tweeted @yosp, @giocorsi and @shahidkamal
but I'm sure more can be done :D

duckroll

There's been a massive slowdown since it hit $1.2 million, kinda like I expected. This is pretty normal though. Should speed up a bit when more people get up in the US, but I think the honeymoon period is definitely over. It shouldn't take too long to hit the $1.35 million stretch, but after that those unfamiliar with how Kickstarters go should be prepared for it to get a lot less exciting to follow. It's going to be more of an endurance run as it slows massively, before it gets more exciting in the last couple of days.

Because that is what kickstarters do. It's standard behaviour.

dailypledges.png

dailypledges.png

dailypledges.png

Well now I don't have to post this. But yeah, the third or in some cases fourth day of any successful Kickstarter usually see's a major drop off in funding. I guess that's about the time when the fan fare for a project dies down. But this is usually balanced out with the last 3-4 days,which usually see a huge spike, resulting in daily pledge numbers that rival the first three days.

Even if pledges slow down to a crawl, there's always a good chance that the final days will push things over that 2.5mil goal line. It's what's generally refereed too as (by me at least) the 11th hour push

Actually, a few more charts:

dailypledges.png

dailypledges.png

dailypledges.png

dailypledges.png

Fireblend

Banned
I would guess we'll reach somewhere between 1.3mil and 1.4mil today. Can' wait to see the next stretch goal reached, and hopefully the mysterious nature of the next one will bring some more pledges in. Still, by tomorrow I wouldn't expect the total to move by more than 50k or so, and stay there for a while.

duckroll

Will only fund if there is a 3ds version . Just feels right on a Nintendo portable.

Then don't fund. There won't be one associated with this project. The tech scope is beyond the 3DS, and if there is any intention to make a separate version it would have to be budgeted differently and either paid for by another source or funded by a separate Kickstarter.

qq more

Will only fund if there is a 3ds version . Just feels right on a Nintendo portable.

I kind of don't get it. You won't get it if it's not on other systems? I'm sure you have more than just handhelds! (Not saying handheld gaming is bad or anything since it's too my preference)

To each their own I guess.

Then don't fund. There won't be one associated with this project. The tech scope is beyond the 3DS, and if there is any intention to make a separate version it would have to be budgeted differently and either paid for by another source or funded by a separate Kickstarter.

Have not read much about it , I was thinking that it will be at most be around X8 level of "tech scope" , oh well.

Wonder why people are so adamant about telling us they won't donate. KS ain't a store

Sorry

Edited:

I feel the need to apologize again. Feels bad, no idea why i just posted that without elaborating why or reading more. i just scrolled down and saw the picture and heard the music too. I hate people who do this too :/ Sorry again.

I kind of don't get it. You won't get it if it's not on other systems? I'm sure you have more than just handhelds! (Not saying handheld gaming is bad or anything since it's too my preference)

To each their own I guess.

I am getting the game once it get cheaper on the other platforms . Most likely Vita if there is one on that .

Off topic, but i owns all last gen platforms so no bias here :p

NJShadow

While I have a PS3, and strongly support this title, I can't back it until I see confirmation of a PS4 version, because come 2015, that's all I'm going to care about. (Plus, it's fully funded at this point, so I'm just waiting for that PS4 announcement.)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I would be more than happy if it's at least a limited disc release for backers.
This could be doable for PC, but console manufacturers have minimum printing thresholds. And remember, this is a worldwide project—so you have to split the number of backers across multiple regions, and remember the thresholds differ by region. They'd probably have no problem in Japan, and maybe they could meet SCEA's minimum (when Project Diva gets a retail release, you know it's gotta be low) ...but I have no idea what NOA's minimum is and Microsoft US's is rumored to be 50k. That's not even getting into worldwide fulfillment costs.

...Even if it was feasible just for PC, console warriorz would get the wrong idea and kick up a fuss. Best not to even invite that illusion of "unfairness", really.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Really hope they reach $2.5 Million. I want this on the Wii U with off-TV play.

Fireblend

Banned
$7k in the last half hour. If this keeps up, we'll end up either very close to or at a little over 1.4mil by the time the "Days left" counter changes again :)

7Th

Let's talk genuinely important stuff, which Call are you voting for? The one of the left with the ponytail is clearly the superior choice:

b733fef2a95df4f3de2a9074b4a043cf_large.jpg

mclem

I'm a little annoyed when people ask for vast sums of money on KS without even a functioning prototype to show. I understand he's a big name in the industry, and doublefine is a big name in the industry, but it still rubs me wrong. Showing the game in functioning prototype form, at minimum, is a sign of good faith by the developers and gives potential backers a better idea of what it is they're getting into.

Double Fine gets a pass on this one - the Kickstarter wasn't officially to fund a game; it was a Kickstarter to fund a documentary series about the process of making a game, with a game being a byproduct of that that was also to be given out as one of the rewards.

A loophole, perhaps, but not an insignificant one. They couldn't have a prototype because that was something that needed to be documented!

Fireblend

Banned
Let's talk genuinely important stuff, which Call are you voting for? The one of the left with the ponytail is clearly the superior choice:

Pink-haired one is the only option, obviously. Blonde one looks waay too much like Roll, down to the clothing style/colors. Plus she's the one that has more playable character potential, I think.

7Th

Pink-haired one is the only option, obviously. Blonde one looks waay too much like Roll, down to the clothing style/colors. Plus she's the one that has more playable character potential, I think.

That one looks a lot like the new character for the scrapped Legends 3:

megaman-legends-3-project-arte-004.jpg

BadWolf

The slowdown is expected, looks like people really wanted to hit that initial goal.

Expecting a huge boost towards the end (as usual).

No.9 looks close enough to Megaman, may as well make Call look similar to Roll (long haied version).

I really want to view this as a Megaman spin off since Capcom is determined to let MM die and go away, so the closer the characters look to MM the better. I can also say this and accept it without anger because it's from the guy who helped birth MM.

Trike

They said on twitter that it is a possibility if they get strong enough feedback and if they can get the money to work. Then the co-owner/creative director of Renegade Kid said that they would be happy to work with them to make a 3DS version.

Yes, which is why I said 'if I used Kickstarter.' I don't like the idea of crowdfunding in the first place. I prefer the traditional idea that if you invest in something, you get a return from your investment.

Except you ARE getting a return on your investment, you're getting a game (or at the very least the ability to buy said game later on that would otherwise not exist). Do the words "business ethics" and "conditional risk" mean anything to anyone? No the stated gains are not guaranteed, but that's why it's an investment firm, not a fucking store.

RM8

3DS makes a ton of sense business wise, though. Not only classic sidescrollers tend to perform better on Nintendo systems, not only is Mega Man closely related to Nintendo history, not only is 3DS Nintendo's main platform, but also 3DS is the platform with the fanbase that went through the MML3 cancellation. For the kind of game this is, a less visually impressive port would potentially be highly successful.

Oh, and Japan.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.

If those are my only choices? D:

Green girl second from the right, with the one below as a second choice. I just think her colors should be changed because a cool palette makes her a little too close to Beck IMO. The red/blue contrast is nice. Roll Call is super, super cute but I don't want Call to look so much like Roll. :(

Don't like Aero Call at all. It might be ok if they changed her awful hat/ponytail design, but she's way too top-heavy right now.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I agree that she might look a liiiiittle too much like Roll. I think I'd prefer the ponytail design with a different color palette.

Top Bottom