• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

oTcQeA9.jpg

Can't stop thinking about this design.

Where is this from?

PsionBolt

Seems kind of relevant. Megaman 9 and Megaman 10 will be on sale later on today in EU (along with other Japanese games).

Which would you recommend for someone new to the series? (and any must have DLC?)

9 is a much better game than 10, though 10 is still very great. 9 is also the harder game, but not by too much, and it's still much easier than some other Mega Man games (like MM1, or any of the X / Zero series games).
The best DLC to purchase is the Endless Attack mode - I've put many, many hours into that, in both 9 and 10.

Fireblend

Banned
9 is a much better game than 10, though 10 is still very great. 9 is also the harder game, but not by too much, and it's still much easier than some other Mega Man games (like MM1, or any of the X / Zero series games).
The best DLC to purchase is the Endless Attack mode - I've put many, many hours into that, in both 9 and 10.
MM9 easier than the X/Zero games? Not a chance, I've played through those dozens of times and I don't think I've ever beaten or even got to half of MM9's bosses =/

I suck at clunky Megaman

I think 9 is easier than the Zero games, but I only played the Zero games with a lot of restrictions to make them harder, so my experience might not fit with a lot of people's. The Zero games do give you a lot of tools to bypass the toughest challenges in the game, so if you're willing to use those, I can see how you'd find them easier than 9 (although 9 does have the shop...).

I think Mega Man and Bass is the hardest out of all the games I played.

Khaz

Can't stop thinking how bad it is. That skirt is just ewww.

I was trying to find a real life example when I realised she doesn't have knees. And her legs are quite disproportionate.

Everything below the belt is badly drawn tbh. Or don't belong to the same person.

I was trying to find a real life example when I realised she doesn't have knees. And her legs are quite disproportionate.

Everything below the belt is badly drawn tbh. Or don't belong to the same person.

Sounds like you don't like the skirt moreso than it being bad art, since she's got the same legs/shoes as most other females in Legends.

It's pretty obvious they were going with a 1950s/biker thing with Aero judging from most of the concepts (barring the one in the white poncho and the other futuristic one, who come off as vocaloids than bikers)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
They do care, they just placed it up there to get more cash. Classic KS move.
You don't have to pay licensing fees on PC games.
You don't have to pay a cut to anyone if you sell your game directly. Even generating Steam keys and handing those out is free. Valve only takes a cut when a game is sold via the Steam store.

The fact is, console games cost more to make and have thinner margins...so insinuating that the console stretch goal is there as some sort of cash grab isn't very smart. Especially since so many people who refuse to play PC games have said they won't contribute until console versions are guaranteed.

As a general scenario, any developer would be better off with a fully realized vision of the game they intended to make so they can use the profits from the PC version (and maybe a deal with a console manufacturer) to do ports, rather than having to say "Hey, we're missing some content we wanted to put in but at least we're on every platform under the sun!"

Javier

Let's talk genuinely important stuff, which Call are you voting for? The one of the left with the ponytail is clearly the superior choice:

b733fef2a95df4f3de2a9074b4a043cf_large.jpg
I'm voting Pink Call, with Green Call as second choice. I love the Blond one, but I agree the game needs a more unique identity so it's probably better the characters don't look TOO much like the series it derives from.

Although I think Blond Call looks more like Ciel than Roll.

Xater

At this point I am pretty sure this will reach the 2.5 million goal. I am more curious what those secret goals are...

Fireblend

Banned
Almost 1.5 M. Wow. I hope it reaches the 2.4 stretch goal.

Pretty much guaranteed. The real question is whether it will be able to reach any post-2.5mil stretch goals that the team seems to have planned.

Anyway, I'm guessing it will do 1.50 - 1.55 today

mclem

Would be hilarious/sad if 80% of the backers are just Capcom employees who will back out at the last moment.

In the final 24 hours, it is impossible to remove a pledge if doing so drops the total below the target. A little bit of security against trolling of that nature.

I'm sitting on 99. I will seriously consider going higher once we've seen T-Shirt/box designs.

Fireblend

Banned
In the final 24 hours, it is impossible to remove a pledge if doing so drops the total below the target. A little bit of security against trolling of that nature.

I'm sitting on 99. I will seriously consider going higher once we've seen T-Shirt/box designs.

I asked yesterday about seeing the t-shirt designs before the KS is over and the Twitter guy said that was unlikely since they'll probably want the design to be related to the finalized designs from the game. Which makes sense, but sorta bums me out.

Raitaro

And that's another 75 dollars going to Kickstarter.

As with the Skullgirls character DLC Kickstarter, I simply couldn't resist being a part of this movement any longer. Amazing how many people are clamoring for a Mega Man style action platformers, and how vocal and creative they get when expressing their support.

Let's see how far up we can ride this robotic hype rocket people!

Also, I implore anyone in this thread to also check out the Ghost Song Kickstarter that is in it's final 12 hours and that will currently be missing it's final stretch goal (= Wii U version). It's a fantastic looking 2D Metroidvania-style game (by a fellow Gaffer no less) with a brooding Aliens/Metroid type atmosphere that will surely speak to many of the Mighty No. 9 backers. Also check out the Gaf thread for more info if you haven't done so.

Midou

Wonder if there will be a later stretch goal for PS4/XB1 editions or if it's just implied as part of the 2.5M, I imagine they should be easy port jobs from PC at least.

Fireblend

Banned
Also, I implore anyone in this thread to also check out the Ghost Song Kickstarter that is in it's final 12 hours and that will currently be missing it's final stretch goal (= Wii U version). It's a fantastic looking 2D Metroidvania-style game (by a fellow Gaffer no less) with a brooding Aliens/Metroid type atmosphere that will surely speak to many of the Mighty No. 9 backers. Also check out the Gaf thread for more info if you haven't done so.

I echo this statement. You gotta play something while waiting for M#9 to release, anyway :p

I will also echo this statement. This game looks really promising, and anyone that can take a look might want to consider backing.

And that's another 75 dollars going to Kickstarter.

As with the Skullgirls character DLC Kickstarter, I simply couldn't resist being a part of this movement any longer. Amazing how many people are clamoring for a Mega Man style action platformers, and how vocal and creative they get when expressing their support.

Let's see how far up we can ride this robotic hype rocket people!

Just pledged $33, thanks for the heads-up.

Harpuea

I like bottom left. That Call looks like she can be strong as Beck and be more than his tech support. Her green goggles complement Beck's helmet. Upper Left is fine too.Also, their dog is a motor cycle. Riding motorcycle on with a skirt for the upper left? Hmm.

In the end, upper left is fine too. It is a bigger F you to Capcom after all.

Top Bottom