• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

qq more

Bottom left and upper right are probably the best designs. They both look pretty cool.

$1,482,398

Almost to the next stretch goal...

Harpuea

Now that I think about it. . . We don't have any alternate Beck designs. I guess that he is not up to debate since he is the main protagonist.

Edit: That Crotch Tie or THong gotta go though . . . I can't unsee T_T

casmith07

For comparison's sake:

mn9_beckandcallmeulv.png

I think the top left and bottom middle are the best/most synced designs.

Mesoian

For comparison's sake:

mn9_beckandcallmeulv.png

2 and 5. They're new, interesting looking designs, 2 especially.

1, 3 and 4 look too similar to previous megaman stuff, which is going to be to a detriment if the only artistic difference between the series are hair styles and naming.

I just don't like 6.

casmith07

Funding unfortunately seems to have stalled off the initial pace.

I think the $2.5M stretch goal for console versions is a big time stretch at this point. Fortunately it'll be on Mac, Linux, and Windows.

qq more

I think the $2.5M stretch goal for console versions is a big time stretch at this point.

Really? The pace picks up again towards the end of the kickstarter.

Not to mention, let's say if it stalls at 50,000 funding per day, we'll easily reach $2.5 before the last few days of the kickstarter.

Funding unfortunately seems to have stalled off the initial pace.

I think the $2.5M stretch goal for console versions is a big time stretch at this point. Fortunately it'll be on Mac, Linux, and Windows.

I don't know if you're unfamiliar with kickstarter, but thinking this won't reach 2.5million is pretty silly. I'd say they could reveal cool stuff after 2.5 and get to 3-4 easily.

mclem

Nearly at 1.5M. They need to reveal the 1.75M goal a bit sharpish so people have a clearer idea what the next milestone is.

Long-term, I think it's safe to say that I'll now be very surprised if it doesn't attain 2.5M.

casmith07

Really? The pace picks up again towards the end of the kickstarter.

Not to mention, let's say if it stalls at 50,000 funding per day, we'll easily reach $2.5 before the last few days of the kickstarter.

Hopefully. I know how Kickstarters work. $1M is going to be a tall order toward the end.

Then again if everyone that already donated double-dips, we'll make it easily.

I don't know if you're unfamiliar with kickstarter, but thinking this won't reach 2.5million is pretty silly. I'd say they could reveal cool stuff after 2.5 and get to 3-4 easily.

I'm familiar with Kickstarter. As of right now, I don't see it. I reserve the right to change my view without being called "silly."

Miletius

2.5 seems safe. It'll be interesting to see if this ends up being one of the bigger gaming projects on KS. You've got Torment and Eternity at 4Mish, Double Fine's Broken age at 3.3 M, Wasteland 2 at 3M, and Planetary Annihilation at around 2M. Star Citizen is around 3M on Kickstarter but they've got a ton more crowdfunding from other sources, so....

Edit: 4M seems like a real stretch to me.

2.5 seems safe. It'll be interesting to see if this ends up being one of the bigger gaming projects on KS. You've got Torment and Eternity at 4Mish, Double Fine's Broken age at 3.3 M, Wasteland 2 at 3M, and Planetary Annihilation at around 2M. Star Citizen is around 3M on Kickstarter but they've got a ton more crowdfunding from other sources, so....

You would think this game would be cheaper to make than Eternity though, no?

Broken Age-ish funding would be pretty cool, but I'd be curious to see what they plan on adding as further stretch goals. Other playable characters?

Miletius

You would think this game would be cheaper to make than Eternity though, no?

Broken Age-ish funding would be pretty cool, but I'd be curious to see what they plan on adding as further stretch goals. Other playable characters?

I do think so, but there's the cost of porting to consoles and possibly handhelds as well. PE is strictly PC/Mac/Linux so there isn't any of that messiness to deal with.

casmith07

I wonder what Capcom thinks of this?

"Capcpom am cry" as many GAFers would post.

I wonder if they're so arrogant to think that it won't matter. The other thing they might be doing is readying a "return" of Mega Man for 2015 to try and go head to head with Inafune.

duckroll

They're probably thinking what they're going to do with the 60 million dollars or so they'll be making from the Monster Hunter 4 launch right now.

All this "LOL POOR CAPCOM" stuff in this thread is really sad. Kickstarters don't have a negative impact on big publishers. Big publishers don't really care if there are dedicated fans willing to folk out a lot more than usual to fund a game concept they love before it even gets made. And that's not in a negative way. They don't care because it's not their business model and it has no impact on them.

Instead of hoping for misery and tears from a publisher you don't like, which isn't going to happen because it means nothing in the real world, why can't people just enjoy what they are getting? Does one good thing for you have to mean something bad for someone else? That just seems like a really unhealthy way of thinking. :p

Village

"Capcpom am cry" as many GAFers would post.

I wonder if they're so arrogant to think that it won't matter. The other thing they might be doing is readying a "return" of Mega Man for 2015 to try and go head to head with Inafune.

Its no arrogance, they probobly just do not care. The megaman thing wasnt just capcoms fault, the series as a whole wasnt pulling in kids like mario or sonic, inafune left, so capcom did what capcom does with its franchises ignores them.

They didnt see it profitable, they do not care.

They're probably thinking what they're going to do with the 60 million dollars or so they'll be making from the Monster Hunter 4 launch right now.

All this "LOL POOR CAPCOM" stuff in this thread is really sad. Kickstarters don't have a negative impact on big publishers. Big publishers don't really care if there are dedicated fans willing to folk out a lot more than usual to fund a game concept they love before it even gets made. And that's not in a negative way. They don't care because it's not their business model and it has no impact on them.

Instead of hoping for misery and tears from a publisher you don't like, which isn't going to happen because it means nothing in the real world, why can't people just enjoy what they are getting? Does one good thing for you have to mean something bad for someone else? That just seems like a really unhealthy way of thinking. :p

The potential threat of legal action here does make this line of thinking SLIGHTLY more relevant....

qq more

The megaman thing wasnt just capcoms fault, the series as a whole wasnt pulling in kids like mario sonic, inafune left, so capcom did what capcom does with its franchises ignores them.

Since when did Mega Man ever pull in kids as much as Mario/Sonic did?

Does it NEED to pull Mario/Sonic sale numbers to sell?

1,500,000 reached!

Hopefully. I know how Kickstarters work. $1M is going to be a tall order toward the end.

Then again if everyone that already donated double-dips, we'll make it easily.

I'm familiar with Kickstarter. As of right now, I don't see it. I reserve the right to change my view without being called "silly."

I was not trying to offend you, sorry. I'm just saying, I think the 2.5 goal is pretty safe, I hope the secret goals and whatever goal is after 2.5 is more in-game content so everyone wants to upgrade their donations.

They're probably watching it, gauging community interest in Mega Man. Again. If this gets enough attention and sales I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that we'll see another Mega Man game. Could be a good thing, could be a bad thing, but it's a possibility.

Sciz

Since when did Mega Man ever pull in kids as much as Mario/Sonic did?

Does it NEED to pull Mario/Sonic sale numbers to sell?

It helps. You've always got more kids to sell to after a few years, and you don't even have to do anything new to draw them in.

qq more

It helps. You've always got more kids to sell to after a few years, and you don't even have to do anything new to draw them in.

I think it's a ridiculous expectation.

As much as I love Mega Man, his games were never the type to appeal to that wide of a demographic. Mega Man can sell very well, but never to their level.

Top Bottom