• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

I just asked for it in the comments for the latest update, and many more have as well. Everyone that wants that should also ask for it if they're a backer. They are likely reading those comments, and that request might start trending if enough start asking for it.

We need to spread the word. I want this game to have some godly replay value.

It was pure Hollywood. A random, breathtaking moment of awesome directly stemming from a video Inafune made. A purely emergent, life-and-death dance more exciting than every pre-constructed kickstarter pitch video I’ve ever half-heartedly plodded my way through.

Make no mistake; the Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter pitch is made of moments just like this.

And it feels incredible

lol

Yeah, that needs to be meme'd. Just terrible... o_O

qq more

It was pure Hollywood. A random, breathtaking moment of awesome directly stemming from a video Inafune made. A purely emergent, life-and-death dance more exciting than every pre-constructed kickstarter pitch video I’ve ever half-heartedly plodded my way through.

Make no mistake; the Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter pitch is made of moments just like this.

And it feels incredible
I just found out where this came from. Holy shit :lol

Anyone else feeling like this game could be a big deal? Maybe its just me and my hopes...

I actually do feel this could be a watershed moment in relation to the current Japanese corporate model. Independent funding and focus on project over company needs more good examples IMO.

This one certainly seems to be going off loudly enough.

Mista Koo

Speaking of alternate Beck designs, someone made this:

taUwh6k.jpg

His main points are different color and silhouette than Mega Man and less details.

Protoman/Zero hybrid, sword-styled gameplay please
ZJ639PO.jpg

Wow @Zero/Protoman Hybrid. That will never fly, but they sure look awesome that's for damn sure. Here is hoping we get something like that, might make me up my pledge.

I think this would have reached the stretch goal either way, but it's good to see they made the console release a bit more accessible, which makes it seem as good as a lock at this point. Tacked on modes are nice (and I hope they're funded), but I'm more jazzed on being able to get it on my platform of choice.

qq more said:
I'm hoping it's big enough to get more Japanese devs to do kickstarters more.

I would hope not. Only because kickstarter is new and we don't really know how successful these games that we are funding will be.

I hope publishers takes notice of what games their potential customer (us) are supporting and change their methods of doing business. Right now for me at least, they are the problem, and that's not just in the game industry.

Raitaro

I'm hoping it's big enough to get more Japanese devs to do kickstarters more.

Me too. Apart from perhaps Project Phoenix, if there ever was a Japanese Kickstarter to pave the way for more Japanese Kickstarters (and perhaps even for a more open Japanese game development system in general), it's this game. It has the right combination of Japanese and Western support, iconic and historic design lineage and developer fame. I'm very curious what will come out of this project apart from the game itself.

Speaking of alternate Beck designs, someone made this:

taUwh6k.jpg

His main points are different color and silhouette than Mega Man and less details.

I may be the only one, but I actually like this design (slightly) more than the current one. I especially like the horns (which I'm always a sucker for I'm just now realizing - they just give a character something fantastical / mythical) and the fact that he features less (in my eyes unnecessary) details such as the goggles, headphone-ears + emblem, chest "buttons" and crotch piece. Sigh, if only they would have let us vote on Beck's design as well...

CTLance

Amazing to watch the design come together. Nope... nope... noooope... lol penis... nope... zomg awesome!

What a cool Mighty Number. Looks great.

Busaiku

OqwNfRW.png

That would have been seriously out of place.

rUUL7qB.png

Mr. Inafune said:
And it probably didn’t take too long for the devs to realize that the design of the guy next to him wasn’t gonna fly...
HAHAHAHHA

Horseress

Personally I loved the design, and since our hero is No. 9, and this boss is the No. 5, maybe he was once a bad guy and now he fights the other "mightys" or something like that. Let's see, I'm hooked

OnFire331

FUCK YES!! After Capcom killed Megaman and subsequently peed on its corpse, this "reboot" by the original creator and Inti-Creates (I fucking love the entries they have done in the Megaman franchise) this is god-send. Loving the artstyle and the music (dat main theme) and I'd like the purple-haired Call or alternatively Roll Call.

FUCK YES!! After Capcom killed Megaman and subsequently peed on its corpse, this "reboot" by the original creator and Inti-Creates (I fucking love the entries they have done in the Megaman franchise) this is god-send. Loving the artstyle and the music (dat main theme) and I'd like the purple-haired Call or alternatively Roll Call.

Absolutely. I'm very curious to see how this game turns out. Mega Man 9 was obviously a labor of love for Inafune and the team at Inti-Creates, and it looks like there's even more reason for inspiration for Mighty No. 9. This has the potential to be a truly amazing game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Absolutely. I'm very curious to see how this game turns out. Mega Man 9 was obviously a labor of love for Inafune and the team at Inti-Creates, and it looks like there's even more reason for inspiration for Mighty No. 9. This has the potential to be a truly amazing game.

Oh, I didn't know that Inti-Creates was involved with Mega Man 9.

todd360

I was just thinking. What if someone bought all the remaining dinners LOL, The guy would be some rich super fan whose only dream is to eat lunch with Keiji Inafune every day for a week.

Top Bottom