• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Perfect OG Mega Man for me:
  • MM2 buster
  • slide
  • no charge shot
  • MM4 Rush

Possibilities like these are one reason I was so excited about Universe.

Ravek

Banned
Nothing about Legends was off putting. Sir, those are fighting words!

You misunderstand me, friend. The nature of Legends vs the originals was off putting for but mere moments. Let us no fight, but remember the grand times that made the Legends.

And let us honor our fallen. For he is forever trapped on the moon, watching over us and now, Beck.

Arozay

• MM2 buster
  • slide
  • no charge shot
  • MM4 Rush

I always hated charge shot since you'd be playing the whole game with the sound effect shitting over the music. And yeah, slide is godly.

Regiruler

I always hated charge shot since you'd be playing the whole game with the sound effect shitting over the music. And yeah, slide is godly.

Wouldn't it be easier to not have the sound effect or just decrease it's volume by a large amount?

And without it, the base damage would need to be buffed, unless the timing for attacks becomes more lenient which would cause balancing issues when other abilities are involved.

SkyOdin

• MM2 buster
  • slide
  • no charge shot
  • MM4 Rush

I'm too much of a Mega Man X/Zero/ZX fan to want to go back to basic Mega Man gameplay. Give me my multiple chargeable attacks, EX skills, configurable parts/armor, and transformations.

Village

I'm too much of a Mega Man X/Zero/ZX fan to want to go back to basic Mega Man gameplay. Give me my multiple chargeable attacks, EX skills, configurable parts/armor, and transformations.

YES!

I am spoiled, in ZX there was ninja mode. My mega standards are askew

TreIII

So much this.

As much as I loved MM9 and 10, I've had my fill of the MM2-style gameplay.

I really want to see what Inti can do with they can do to really up the ante of the "combat sandbox" that MMX and MMZ started.

Speaking of MMZ, I wonder what kind of story they may stand to tell this time around. Anything that would be as compelling and cohesive a narrative as MMZ did would be welcome by me.

shaowebb

I am so broke and soooooooooo curious about the $99 backer only exclusive Mighty Transformation ability.

What do you turn into? Money? Is it money? Money belt that shoots coins?

O_O ...curiosityyyyyyyy

As long as there is a jump, shoot, dash of some sort, and a broad variety of weapons that affect enemies and terrain differently, I'll be happy.

I'm hopeful for stages that change depending on the order you clear other stages.

Busaiku

$100,000 a day is way too high.
Even the most successful campaigns were mostly under $50,000 besides the first and last few days.

Salex

Banned
nearly 1.6mil in 5 days with 26 days to go and you guys are worrying? Damn, relax guys lol.

Randomly found this nice gif
tumblr_msmow4yqyE1r8lyrxo1_500.gif

Instro

Unfortunately it looks like it won't make 1.6 tonight. Seems to have slowed down quite a bit. ~100k a day might be the norm for a bit, or even lower.

100k over the next day maybe, probably less, after that it will taper off down into the sub 50k range until the final few days.

I would say it will pull in about another million over the next ~22 days prior to the final push in the last 3-4 days. Could do bigger numbers if they have some really interesting/fun stretch goals.

Azure J

Swords, dashing, wall jumping. It's all about finesse.

iqPmsuatxr8op.png

"Por que no los dos?"

So much this.

As much as I loved MM9 and 10, I've had my fill of the MM2-style gameplay.

I really want to see what Inti can do with they can do to really up the ante of the "combat sandbox" that MMX and MMZ started.

Speaking of MMZ, I wonder what kind of story they may stand to tell this time around. Anything that would be as compelling and cohesive a narrative as MMZ did would be welcome by me.

Never actually thought of this. As much as story registered as a non-entity for me through most of the MM games, the Zero series had a well crafted lore. If they get to go wild with a more cohesive narrative and fun dialogue thanks to the characters seeming more "charming" than Zero's harder edge, that'd be more than appreciated.

Funny, the same thing happen with Mega Man 9.

Inti (with the help of Toru Nakayama) had some of the best reploid designs in the series even though the visual complexity was waaaaaaay greater than in previous series games. Compare some of the Mavericks in the X series to the Lieutenants/Judges/Einherjar in Zero 2/3/4 and it's like night and day.

RM8

It bothers me how they made a big emphasis on "HOME consoles" on the stretch goals update. This really needs to be on 3DS and Vita :(

Top Bottom