• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Didn't hear about this until today, and I'm totally sold on it. I'm not even the hugest MM fan, but this game looks and sounds awesome. I can't back it at the moment, as I've already spent too much on games, but I'll buy it when it releases.

Mista Koo

Ladies and gentleman, Mighty No 5
SRVQTWR.jpg

While it's an excellent design, it could easily work as a Robot Master. I would've preferred they started of this one:

1ha6t.png

mclem

It could be. It's easier to back a game that costs 40,000 on a whim, and not ask so many questions, but for a game that costs $2.5 million you deserve to ask for a lot more scrutiny on where and how the cash gets spent.

Really? Why?

If I was stumping up the full 40k or 2.5M, then yes, I'd agree - but I'm not. I'm stumping up a value that is adjusted based on how much I wish to see the final product and how much faith I have in the production team to produce it. The only way the target requested would affect that would be if I felt the target in question was too low (and therefore it raises alarm bells about the budgeting and planning of the product, in turn affecting how much faith I have in their ability to produce it.

The number that matters for me is the size of my pledge, *not* the amount they're requesting. And I can and will adjust that based on how my perception of the project changes over time.

Rubius

I do hope for a Mighty Number 0 who is a Zero clone ish as a playable character in a ??? stretch goal. It could be easy to implement story wise. A Beta version of the robots with a different software version than the 8 others.

mclem

I do hope for a Mighty Number 0 who is a Zero clone ish as a playable character in a ??? stretch goal. It could be easy to implement story wise. A Beta version of the robots with a different software version than the 8 others.

Part of me wants a benevolent older robot model working behind the scenes of the storyline, only ever seen in shadow, with a very familiar silhouette...

I just don't believe in successful devs who probably have a lot of money using kickstarter. Also he has some influence in the gaming world, i'm pretty sure he would have been able to find a publisher for the game.

The point is to make an IP he and his company owns.

Azure J

Hell yeah. Dash > Slide.

If anything make it optional/customizable for multiple playthroughs.

I'm also in strong support of a Zero style character if only because it'd mean that if he's an alt character with his own campaign, this game would automatically be the Megaman 11, Megaman X9 and Megaman Zero 5 (thanks to Inticreates) I always wanted! :lol

Gonna take this to the next logical step X > Vanilla.

If this game is basically Classic/Vanilla's charm with X/Zero series gameplay speed and level design, it'd be perfect.

Crocodile

Going to have to agree with the last few posters that Dash > Slide. My biggest question about this game is the mobility. I've played 9 & 10 but I missed the high speed mobility of the X and Zero series. I really hope this game plays and moves more like The X and Zero series and less like the Classic series.

qq more

Was I the only one who was fine with the mobility of MM9/10? Well... slide aside (I miss that), but I felt the games controlled fine as is.

goldenpp72

Just put in 60 bucks towards the physical box/etc. I had a question, will I be charged before October 1st? I ask because of something a bit silly, but during October to December, my credit card will have 5 percent cash back on Amazon purchases. Figured I could try to get a small kick back in the process but, my Amazon CC is 3 percent by default so it would be smarter to use that if i will be charged prior to October 1st.

Just put in 60 bucks towards the physical box/etc. I had a question, will I be charged before October 1st? I ask because of something a bit silly, but during October to December, my credit card will have 5 percent cash back on Amazon purchases. Figured I could try to get a small kick back in the process but, my Amazon CC is 3 percent by default so it would be smarter to use that if i will be charged prior to October 1st.

Charged after the kickstarter ends, not a day before.

Blues1990

I'm probably one of the few who had enjoyed playing Bugs VS. Tanks & Soul Sacrifice, but was there anybody else who had tried these two games?

zroid

Banned
Pretty impressed by the project's legs so far. Thought funding would taper off more after passing 1 mil, but it's still going strong. PAX played a role in that I'm sure.

Skilletor

Was I the only one who was fine with the mobility of MM9/10? Well... slide aside (I miss that), but I felt the games controlled fine as is.

Controlled fine for what it was, but I far prefer the mobility of x and zero to classic mega man. Nothing wrong with the way mm9 and 10 control, I just prefer the way the series evolved and found it difficult to go back to ye olde ways.

qq more

Controlled fine for what it was, but I far prefer the mobility of x and zero to classic mega man. Nothing wrong with the way mm9 and 10 control, I just prefer the way the series evolved and found it difficult to go back to ye olde ways.

I'm probably the only one who adapts to different play styles right away. I never had any trouble switching between series. lol

Ravek

Banned
I'm probably the only one who adapts to different play styles right away. I never had any trouble switching between series. lol

Agreed. Only MMBN was little off putting that was tobe expected.

Fake Edit: Oh and Legends. That glorious fucking series.

Caffeine

i love the mmbn series its the starforce series i didnt like lol took away my mobility and gameplay stratagy to only 3 panels.

Skilletor

I can switch. The controls were fine and designed around what you had. I just prefer the controls of the x and zero series.

Same. I prefer having the slide, but I'm fine without. I like the dash too, but that seems to suit the feel of the later series' better. I wouldn't like the dash at all in the original series. These abilities had a noticeable effect on level design.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
One thing I'm wondering: is the $250+ tier signed hardbook going to be a scan / stamp? Or is Inafune really going to hand sign several thousands of copies? :lol

sephi22

One thing I'm wondering: is the $250+ tier signed hardbook going to be a scan / stamp? Or is Inafune really going to hand sign several thousands of copies? :lol
I believe its proper signed, coz in one of the options they mentioned adding more of that tier as much as possible without breaking Inafune's hand

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I believe its proper signed, coz in one of the options they mentioned adding more of that tier as much as possible without breaking Inafune's hand
Think that was referring to the hand-drawn sketch tier ($500 / limited 200).

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You know exactly how I feel about that, qq-chaaaaan. I'm incredibly fond of the slide, so I absolutely missed the additional finesse and flexiblity Mega Man started having in MM3/4. It made the games faster-paced and evasion felt paced well with parts of the level design.

And you and I have already had conversations about the charge shot. Would be better if it were more balanced and didn't overpower the weapons, but I appreciate the mechanic.

Oh, I was more than fine with it. The stages were constructed in a way that you never felt like you needed a 'speed up' type of move. The level design was incredible, not one single dull moment.

qq more

You know exactly how I feel about that, qq-chaaaaan. I'm incredibly fond of the slide, so I absolutely missed the additional finesse and flexiblity Mega Man started having in MM3/4. It made the games faster-paced and evasion felt paced well with parts of the level design.

Yeah, I really wish they brought back the slide. It also helped me against boss fights. No idea why they thought it was necessary to remove that. But like I said, the games still controlled perfectly fine.

Charge shot I can live without easily, but that's a rant for another day.

Top Bottom