• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

mclem

Not that I exactly dislike the guy, but Inafune alone is certainly not the reason I'm backing this. I think it's safe to say this particular team would not have been assembled, especially for this kind of project, without him though. Regardless of what you think about his ego or his creative talent, the guy has clout and vision as a producer.

I think it's not unreasonable to think of him as a parallel to Brian Fargo; skilled at getting resources on-side.

Well, it's not like this is a team of inexperienced designers and developers we're dealing with, I'd say there's a certain degree of confidence that this game will be good based on the fact that Inti Creates has a pretty solid development history, same for Inafune. I would hardly call it faith.

I'm perfectly aware that the end product might not look at all like the concept sketches. Is that the game I'm backing? No, I'm backing a new platformer game designed by Inafune and developed by Inti Creates in the vein of Megaman, because that alone sounds like something I'd really like.

Are those the creators or megaman? I'm not exactly a Megaman fan (don't get me wrong, I don't hate Megaman, nor did I came to shit up the thread), so the names don't ring a bell.

The game looks eerily similar, so I'm hoping they at least take sole slight risks (not risks, improvements) to the formula, since they are not exactly hold up to the Francishe. Although with everything Megaman fans had endured, another 2D megaman might be what they need.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Went ahead and jumped in. It's going well enough that I think it'll wind up on consoles at this point, and I want to help boost it during the middle period of the campaign.

Fireblend

Banned
Are those the creators or megaman? I'm not exactly a Megaman fan (don't get me wrong, I don't hate Megaman, nor did I came to shit up the thread), so the names don't ring a bell.

They are the developers of the Megaman Zero games, which in my opinion are the best Megaman games and some of the best GBA games overall. You should really check them out. They also did the Megaman ZX games on the DS and the retro-styled Megaman games on the Wii. So yes, they have plenty of experience with the franchise and there probably isn't a developer more suited for the task.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Another update.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/590419

BONUS: SPECIAL REWARD UPDATE!

We’re proud to announce the addition of two new all-digital reward tiers, as requested by our backers and fans! These went up on the front page earlier today -- go get 'em!

All-Digital Reward Set: $60

Boxes? You don’t need no stinking boxes! Or the printed manual, or anything physical -- you want all your rewards to be digital! Well, how about this package: your own Mighty Number, forum access, name in the credits and ability to participate in backer-events, the digital version of Mighty No. 9 (of course!), the digital instruction manual and art book/strategy guide (Japanese or English version of each, your choice), the digital official soundtrack, plus both pieces of exclusive in-game content: the Golden Beck variant, plus the special Beck transformation. We heard your cries requesting this option, so here it is!

COMPLETE All-Digital Reward Set with Beta Access: $80

You are a being of pure light and energy, and as such, you want everything digital! And we mean EVERYTHING digital: your own Mighty Number, forum access, name in the credits and ability to participate in backer-events, the digital version of Mighty No. 9 (of course!), BOTH the Japanese AND the English versions of the digital instruction manual and BOTH regions’ digital art book/strategy guide, the digital official soundtrack, plus both pieces of exclusive in-game content: the Golden Beck variant, plus the special Beck transformation, aaand (wait for it)...access to the work-in-progress beta version of Mighty No. 9 on Steam, ahead of the full retail release! We added this reward based on user requests, so have at it!

One Other Reward Note: More Sketches!

Due to popular demand, we are adding a few more signed sketches from Mr. Inafune! He and his doctors have assured us his wrist can take at least 200 more of this reward. :) It costs a bit more now than the first wave, both out of respect to the brave backers who scooped them up in our crucial initial funding period, and in the interest of having them sell a bit slower to ensure Mr. Inafune has some time to work on the game in-between drawing all these sketches! :D

They are the developers of the Megaman Zero games, which in my opinion are the best Megaman games and some of the best GBA games overall. You should really check them out. They also did the Megaman ZX games on the DS and the retro-styled Megaman games on the Wii. So yes, they have plenty of experience with the franchise and there probably isn't a developer more suited for the task.

Is the game artist in there? (I never played any of the games but the enemy and character designs of Megaman Zero and Megaman Battle Network are some of my favorite)

Also I'm very surprised some people had paid thousands of dollars for some of the rewards. That's crazy :eek:.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
As tempting as those $60 tiers are, $250 gets you everything major (ESPECIALLY the Inafune-signed hardcover art book).

But $600 gets you a signed sketch too...

The End

I'm at $99 now, considering dropping to $60, but losing beta access is going to hurt worse than losing a t-shirt or box.

chrono01

Ugh, I wish I could spare another $250...
Oh wait, it looks like $350 more, dang can't go that far.
Yeah, I was surprised to see the increase in-price. It's understandable, considering how tiring all of these sketches will likely be to create, so they don't want them being too easily available. I'm glad I got mine for $500!

This Kickstarter seems to be doing around $100,000 a day, even in the time period where pledges normally fall off [4-5 days after it began]. That's incredible!

Keep up the great work, Mighty Beckers! Let's see this thing to $2,200,000 and beyond!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
uN4s2T5.png

2Quardg.png

CTLance

Oh god, I need to go to bed already. I was about to install Skype just to ask whether they'll make Shantae's skin darker again. Brzt.

chrono01

Even at $600, the original sketches tier is selling at a decent rate. It's a great thing to see! Keep it going, people!

Also, that Mighty No. 9 theme [Piano Solo] had better be on the OST [physical OST, if made available]. It's beautiful. ;_;

Busaiku

It's going a lot faster today than I thought.
I thought it would've dropped off more, but it looks like $1.7 million is possible through tonight.

So does the $60 pledge have a different exclusive in-game transformation from the $99 pledge? Or are they the same thing, just forgot to edit it?

It's going a lot faster today than I thought.
I thought it would've dropped off more, but it looks like $1.7 million is possible through tonight.
If anything, I'm surprised that we haven't reached $1.7 million yet and do expect to have reached it by next morning. By the end of Friday, we should have met the stretch goal for the documentary.

Gutss

Wow that Mighty no.9 theme piano version is really awesome, its like taking you to a scenario in the game that someone had died or a sad portion of the story and its really cool!! want this to be the ending song of the game just EPIC!!.

Manami san thank you for this music, this really touches me.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm so damn excited to see what comes from 2PP's efforts. I've been going through the Double Fine kickstarter documentary episodes, and they're so damn good.

shaowebb

Anyone else terrified Capcom will try to sue this or something? Itd be the biggest shit storm ever if they managed to force this to also be cancelled.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
They won't because

1) They can't. There is no copyright infringement here.
2) It would be the worst PR shitstorm any developer has ever brought upon itself in gaming history.

Blues1990

Anyone else terrified Capcom will try to sue this or something? Itd be the biggest shit storm ever if they managed to force this to also be cancelled.

Given their recent track record, the last thing that Capcom Japan needs right now is more bad publicity.

On a more pessimistic note, if this game does well at digital retail, then it might give those suit-types a (much-needed) kick in the pants to give the franchise to a developer that wouldn't know how to handle it. I'm more worried about THAT, above all else.

$1.7M - WOW. This feels like it's truckin' right along at a good pace. Either it's going faster than other recent Kickstarters, or the goals are well spaced out.

Trike

Given their recent track record, the last thing that Capcom Japan needs right now is more bad publicity.

On a more pessimistic note, if this game does well at digital retail, then it might give those suit-types a (much-needed) kick in the pants to give the franchise to a developer that wouldn't know how to handle it. I'm more worried about THAT, above all else.

I don't think they would give Mega Man to a western developer, but if they did it would probably be one they could trust to handle a 2D platformer. Also probably WayForward, which would show that they support Mighty No 9 by giving the game to a company whose CEO is named John Beck.

I know Armature had their shot at a Metroid Prime Mega Man X reboot, but seeing as how/why it failed, I don't think anything like that would be a possibility. Any possible Mega Man game that is not ios/android that may come out of this would be a good thing. I don't think Inafune or any devs for Mighty No 9 would hate that result, seeing as the lack of Mega Man games was a major driving force behind this game.

Backed it with $80. I just wanted to get in the Beta.

C'mon, console versions! Why does it have to be so high? Could it be lower without the documentary? I'd rather have the console versions.

comcept USA, LLC 18 minutes ago

We just finished reording the podcast and will be processing, editing, and getting it approved for the next...12 hours or so? But really appreciate all the help while we jam on that. Thanks!

Looking forward to it.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback

After reading some of the comments in the recent Edge interview with Inafune, I'm worried about this too. It'd be a bit like when Activision tried suing EA over Brutal Legend despite them dropping the game anyway.

mclem

So does the $60 pledge have a different exclusive in-game transformation from the $99 pledge? Or are they the same thing, just forgot to edit it?

You cannot edit any tier that has already been pledged (because that would be changing the terms the pledger has signed up to). I'd assume it's the same transformation.

john tv

You cannot edit any tier that has already been pledged (because that would be changing the terms the pledger has signed up to). I'd assume it's the same transformation.
It's the same - and yeah, KS doesn't let you change tiers - only add them.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I was thinking that once the stretch goal for the documentary is reached (could happen today) those who were reluctant to back the KS before a console version was a real possibility should be notified that the stretch goal for a console release has been moved up, so they can put their money where their mouth is, so to speak.

Is there any way this information can be incorporated in the thread title?

Top Bottom