• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Has anyone found the twitch archive of the full panel from PAX? Kicking myself because I went to Acquisitions Inc instead of that panel.

Isn't the full panel available on the Kickstarter update page? They recorded the whole thing to be used in the documentary later.

Muzy72

Banned
Damn, it's already hit the documentary stretch goal?? I wasn't even sure it would hit 1.5 mil by the end of the week, god damn.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Were all the PAX shirts Large? Guess that was a safe assumption for them to make. :lol

Btw, can we have a big 'CONSOLES STRETCH GOAL' in the thread title? Might entice a few people who were waiting.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
turns out she's 0!

I totally want her to normally be Roll Call when interacting with Beck throughout the game, but have an alter ego as Mighty No. 0. It can be a huge reveal when she takes off the helmet and those golden locks flow out.

Village

OK, screw Mighty No. 0, this idea is way cooler.

no... no... no....
MIghty whaever.

Espically since designs are way better, yeah I need that in my life. Call can go sit in a corner or something.

Redesigned Zero please, or bass. Or both.

DO IT.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Damn, it's already hit the documentary stretch goal?? I wasn't even sure it would hit 1.5 mil by the end of the week, god damn.

Now is the time to call on all those who didn't want to donate unless there'd be a console version. Let them know the stretch goal has been moved up and it's up to them to put their money where their mouth is!

Azure J

turns out she's 0!

I totally want her to normally be Roll Call when interacting with Beck throughout the game, but have an alter ego as Mighty No. 0. It can be a huge reveal when she takes off the helmet and those golden locks flow out.

You guys re the best. At the same time, I'm legit curious as to what a not!Zero would look like with this new art crew.

Decisions, decisions. :p

The alter ego idea would be funny if they played it up in a campy Luigi-Mr.L kinda way or like Jeanne-Cutie J in Bayonetta's extended lore.

Angelcurio

Now is the time to call on all those who didn't want to donate unless there'd be a console version. Let them know the stretch goal has been moved up and it's up to them to put their money where their mouth is!
Next-gen or bust. By 2015 i really doubt that will still be playing games on the PS3.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
FnRiPfi.png

This piece of fanart is pretty cool. :3

Blueblur1

I've been wanting to drop some money on the campaign but money's a bit tight right now. Would love to drop $250 for the physical goods but its a tall order. I'll have to settle on a lower tier later this month once I have a few things paid. I'm really glad the campaign is going well. Can't wait until they have a prototype they can show off.

john tv

Expected, but a bit of a shame. $200+ that won't be going into the Kickstarter kitty... for items you could get cheaper by contributing to the Kickstarter. Admittedly not a low Mighty #, but if that's somehow valuable, the world has gone sideways.
Crazy that it's going for that much, but just so you know, that item isn't available as a KS reward (except for Nos. 1-8, which are part of the tier with the framed concept art and the 3D printed model) . Otherwise those are PAX-exclusive shirts; the KS t-shirts are original designs for the KS (the US and JP shirts will be diff, for two sep designs). So in a sense, I think that's why some of them are selling for so much, as they're all one-of-a-kind.

LiK

con exclusive shirts always go for big bucks. shame it's being scalped for that much tho but capitalism etc

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Crazy that it's going for that much, but just so you know, that item isn't available as a KS reward. Those are PAX-exclusive shirts; the KS t-shirts are original designs for the KS (the US and JP shirts will be diff, for two sep designs). So in a sense, I think that's why some of them are selling for so much, as they're all one-of-a-kind.
The 1-8 of that shirt are available at the crazy tier level, though, right? Or is that a different shirt?

john tv

The 1-8 of that shirt are available at the crazy tier level, though, right? Or is that a different shirt?
Ah, yes - this is true. We saved the first 8 shirts for those rewards. But they're worth a little more than the one on eBay... :) (I'll edit my comment to clarify, thx!)

Roshin

At this point, I would like to see at least one secret stretch goal revealed to keep the interest and momentum going.

I'm surprised that 8-4 is not confirmed to be involved with the game beyond the kickstarter. Also something like multiple languages should be a must from day zero, is not like this game have 100 pages of script.

If anything, I kinda expected it to hit it by now, if not earlier. I am very optimistic about this hitting the PS3/360/Wii-U now. All I have to do now is figure out how much I'm going to pledge. I know it will be at least $80.

Am I the only one who would have prefered the main character to be female ? Can anyone confirm if Inafune or anyone on the production juggle the idea before the reveal ?

DaBuddaDa

Just chiming in to say I too think that a 2015 ps3 360 title isn't the best idea, perhaps. I'd much rather see ps4/vita and wii u instead.

liezryou

Just chiming in to say I too think that a 2015 ps3 360 title isn't the best idea, perhaps. I'd much rather see ps4/vita and wii u instead.

I was about to post the same exact thing. WTF a 2015 ps3/360 release? Is it an error or is the game going to come out alot sooner then that?

qq more

you guys do realize that consoles still gets games at least 2 years after their respective successors are out, right?

it's nothing new

persona 4

pokemon black/white 2

just to name a few

Tripon

you guys do realize that consoles still gets games at least 2 years after their respective successors are out, right?

it's nothing new

persona 4

pokemon black/white 2

just to name a few

Persona 4 was sold on the best selling console in history with a dedicated fanbase. Pokemon Black/White 2 was also based on an old game engine, and were also trying to sell on the best selling handheld in history. Both are part of a long running franchise with a large fanbase, especially Pokemon.

Mighty No.9 is a brand new series that should reach out as many platforms as possible. Hopefully, it'll be on PS4/X1 eventually, would like it come sooner than later.

qq more

Persona 4 was sold on the best selling console in history with a dedicated fanbase. Pokemon Black/White 2 was also based on an old game engine, and were also trying to sell on the best selling handheld in history. Both are part of a long running franchise with a large fanbase, especially Pokemon.

Mighty No.9 is a brand new series that should reach out as many platforms as possible. Hopefully, it'll be on PS4/X1 eventually, would like it come sooner than later.

I suppose but I think PS3/360 is a safe bet, we have no idea how will the next gen consoles will fare by then. I really do think they will port them to the PS4/Xbone by the time it comes out though.

Fireblend

Banned
They've discussed their decision of launching on PS360 to hell and back. Why do people still ask why they decided on it? I don't think they could be any more open regarding this decision if they tried. I mean if you're genuinely concerned about it, at least read the FAQ and updates:

Q: Will you / can you / please make a PS4 / Xbox One version of Mighty No. 9! Since you aren't coming out until 2015, why not aim for those systems first, instead of PS3 / Xbox 360 / Wii U?

It's no surprise to us that this is far and away the most popular single type of question we get, as next-gen versions of Mighty No. 9 are something we've dreamed about ourselves ever since we first began work on the game.

First, a little history: One of our most important considerations before we launched our Kickstarter, and before we could confirm that our idea here would resonate with the fans, was budgeting and cost: We had to be as certain as we possibly could that we could deliver on -everything- we were promising for the initial and stretch goals we were setting. Since, like many (most?) developers, we don't have any next-gen titles under our belt yet, we thought it best to stick with what we do know, so we could make promises to our fans with confidence -- especially for what we were promising coming out of the gate. We know being able to offer next-gen versions would dramatically increase our funding, but we felt the worst thing we could possibly do was dangle the prospect of next-gen Mighty No. 9 in front of our fans and capitalize on their excitement as we head into this fall's big new system launches, only to disappoint them in 2015 when the game is delayed, or didn't live up to the higher aesthetic expectations that come with games for those systems due to problems and costs we weren't able to anticipate.

All that said, we would definitely love to see Mighty No. 9 on as many platforms as possible, and we agree the next-gen systems are a natural fit if we can make the numbers work! If we continue to see more and more people asking for next-gen versions, and then if we're able to set and clear stretch goal funding levels that include enough margin for error that we can say with confidence we can deliver on quality versions for these platforms -- that's what it would take to make next-gen versions of Mighty No. 9 a reality. This is the number one thing we will be watching for and discussing internally in the next couple weeks, so please, continue to let us know what you think, and thanks for all your feedback so far.

Oh, and as for prioritizing the current systems over next-gen, in addition to the above, there were other important considerations about our audience: We want Mighty No. 9 to reach as many fans -- old and new -- as it possibly can, all over the world. As hardcore gamers ourselves, we'll definitely have next-gen systems hooked up to our TVs by the spring of 2015, and current-gen systems still somewhere in the house (assuming the next-gen systems don't come up with some sort of eventual solution for playing current-gen games), but we didn't think it would be fair to assume the same of everyone who would want to play our game, since even the current-gen systems are a relatively expensive luxury item in many households.

I mean if you're going to complain about it, at least use this response as a platform to continue with the discussion, don't just keep asking stuff that was already answered!

Top Bottom