• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Did MM9 and MM10 get as many sales as quickly as this is getting backers? (30k is just a few days)

Did MM9 and MM10 get as many sales as quickly as this is getting backers? (30k is just a few days)

Probably got a lot more actually. Kickstarter backers are not the same as people who buy the game. KS is still relatively new and a lot of people (even in this thread on Gaf where people are pretty progressive when it comes to video game related things) would rather wait till they can buy the game instead of "investing" in it.

Make no mistake, KS is just to help fund development and gage interest in cases like this. The vast majority of money will still come from final game sales which will be a lot higher than the amount of backers they'll get. If it ends up on consoles and even slightly advertised it could sell a metric shit-ton.

Damn, this is so good I ALMOST prefer it to the original. Music is going to be soooooo gooooood.

RubenCordeiro

Neo Member
I never played any Megaman in particular. But the kickstarter video and the concept are so convincing and solid that I may just pledge 20 dollars for this.

mclem

Any good Mega Man games available for the Vita, as in PSP or PS1-classics?

Powered Up is a nice remake of MM1 with a level editor. Maverick Hunter X is similar for MMX (no level editor, though). Plus, of course, Mega Man Legends 1 or 2.

No idea if any of those are on PSN, though.

qq more

Powered Up is a nice remake of MM1 with a level editor. Maverick Hunter X is similar for MMX (no level editor, though). Plus, of course, Mega Man Legends 1 or 2.

No idea if any of those are on PSN, though.

The only one actually there you've listed is Maverick Hunter X. I don't know about the Legend series being on PSN, but if they are, it's likely the PSP rerelease but Japan only.

There is however, the Rockman Complete Works series (MM1-4 PS1 enhanced ports) but I think they only have the first four games.

I just changed my $5 to $20. Assuming the console goal is hit, I can choose a Wii-U download code right?

Yes you can

Glad to see this is still progressing steadily. I assume that we will hit the console goal some time next week. Maybe there will be another strong push after we cross this stretch goal.

Here's the direct MP3 link to the original main theme:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/870/693/a73595177f64c64e3ca8542b9d88fac0_original.mp3

This sounds like something right out of the classic era of video games. If this was the Megaman 2 main theme, for example, I believe it would have been fondly remembered today.

I'm REALLY looking forward to the soundtrack for Mighty No. 9. Since this is the caliber that the original Mega Man composer Manami Matsumae has given us, I can't wait to see how many of her tunes become instant classics. :)

The only one actually there you've listed is Maverick Hunter X. I don't know about the Legend series being on PSN, but if they are, it's likely the PSP rerelease but Japan only.

There is however, the Rockman Complete Works series (MM1-4 PS1 enhanced ports) but I think they only have the first four games.

Those go 1-6 if you have a JP account.

Flowmoney

I wish that the goal after Wii U , PS3 , and 360 version was another playable character.I am sure that would build momentum for people wanting to play as another character.We could get Zero of Mighty No.9 series.

Zaventem

All images on this page are concept art and not actual in-game screens.

God damn i was about to be like that shit looks so good.

Cartman86

Banned
Anyone know how accurate Kicktraq's projections have been for other projects? Not the Trend feature which doesn't tell you much. They also have a new projection feature which just got updated for Mighty No. 9. It says the low end is going to be 7 million and the high end 14. That's really fucking high. I'm doubtful. Japan is contributing too right?

Lee N

Membre
Pixel extraordinaire Arne did his own interpretation of Mighty No 9 as a sprite…

MightyNo9.gif

Busaiku

Anyone know how accurate Kicktraq's projections have been for other projects? Not the Trend feature which doesn't tell you much. They also have a new projection feature which just got updated for Mighty No. 9. It says the low end is going to be 7 million and the high end 14. That's really fucking high. I'm doubtful. Japan is contributing too right?
A projection with so few data points is useless.
Wait till about halfway to get a better estimate.

So close to the documentary now! I cant wait to have a Japanese perspective on development. The Doublefine documentary is worth every money spent even if I did not get that game with the price.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I wish that the goal after Wii U , PS3 , and 360 version was another playable character.I am sure that would build momentum for people wanting to play as another character.We could get Zero of Mighty No.9 series.
Call with a laser sword is all I'd need.

chrono01

Is this coming out on xb1 or 360? I think I want to join the bandwagon and fund Inafune.
If it reaches $2,200,000, yes it will be. Well, on the PS3, 360, and Wii U anyway. They've mentioned interests to bring it to One and PS4, but they'll have to see how well it does in pledges first.

PS3, 360, and Wii U are guaranteed, though, if they reach that Stretch Goal.

Harpuea

Anyone got ideas for the unknown stretch goal(s) to come? A level editor, Co-Op Stages, and/or PvP would be interesting extras.

chrono01

Anyone got ideas for the unknown stretch goal(s) to come? A level editor, Co-Op Stages, and/or PvP would be interesting extras.
A physical OST would be nice. Or, I'm dreaming here...a physical copy of the game, but I know the pledge would need to be massive for that to happen.

A Level Editor is a great possibility, though. There seems to be a pretty popular out-cry for that, and for good reason.

Top Bottom