• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Wow, close to the console version already? I thought that might be a pipe dream when they first announced it...but yeahhhhh Mega Man fans!

When my next paycheck comes in I'm going to drop $60 on this for the physical box. Gotta support this and since it looks likely a console version is coming, I'm willing to drop more.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
Wondering if I should up my $40 :/

If you're desperate to play the beta, maybe.

i'm comfortable with my $20 pledge. That way, I keep my expectations low and can only be pleasantly surprised with everything.

I am very happy that other people have more money to contribute. Means the economy is picking up!

kewlmyc

I'm sure this has been asked several times, but do you think that Capcom will step in and get this cancelled do to "plagiarism"? I don't want it to happen, but it is possible.

Zabka

I'm sure this has been asked several times, but do you think that Capcom will step in and get this cancelled do to "plagiarism"? I don't want it to happen, but it is possible.

I'm not sure how well the "You copied our copy of Astro Boy" will work in court.

It's equivalent to gameloft/facebook game style copycatting: you have to be incredibly similar for any such suit to work. Ideas can't be trademarked broadly enough to prevent games from taking inspiration from each other.

kadotsu

Banned
Did they delete one of their mystery stretch goals?

They said in one of their updates that they changed the graphic to a more dynamic representation. The fade out at the bottom implies that they'll add more stretch goals as they come.

jett

D-Member
The visible bottom of the list is not the actual bottom of the list.

They said in one of their updates that they changed the graphic to a more dynamic representation. The fade out at the bottom implies that they'll add more stretch goals as they come.

But there was a mystery goal before the 2.2 million one, wasn't there? Or am I thinking of another kickstarter? :p

qq more

theyve moved all the mystery goals below the console goal in that list

you are only seeing one right now, but the picture will show more ? ? ? when we get to that point

they arent exactly removed

kadotsu

Banned
But there was a mystery goal before the 2.2 million one, wasn't there? Or am I thinking of another kickstarter? :p

Yes they probably reshuffled them because they are reaching goals at a faster pace than expected. Maybe it was a collaboration with some known JP dev and they still need to produce a video for the goal announcement.

Ultimadrago

-hpanv1xj9k.png

Cringe-inducing. Ugh.

"But I took all the coolest parts and left them for Zero."

Haha. Nicely done, Inafune.

Wow, close to the console version already? I thought that might be a pipe dream when they first announced it...but yeahhhhh Mega Man fans!

When my next paycheck comes in I'm going to drop $60 on this for the physical box. Gotta support this and since it looks likely a console version is coming, I'm willing to drop more.

Yup, wife gave the go ahead to back $60 for the physical box (^____^)

dropbear

Banned
Just pledged $60.

My second Kickstarter after A Hat in Time - those commemorative physical game boxes/manuals always get me...

Yes they probably reshuffled them because they are reaching goals at a faster pace than expected. Maybe it was a collaboration with some known JP dev and they still need to produce a video for the goal announcement.

They said they re arranged it because they got so many messages from people who felt the console versions were more appealing than anything else, so they made it a closer goal.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Fanart of my favorite version of Call.

2LKDBeS.png

too bad she'll lose to "Roll Call". Ah well, maybe she can be a background character

Up to 400. 200 $500 sketches have already been sold and 20 of the 200 $600 sketches have been sold so far.

He would have to two like 2 a day. I feel bad for some of the people that paid 600 dollars and got a quick doodle of a helmet. Thankfully it also includes all of the previous goodness.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Hoping the mystery stretch goal is a 3DS/Vita version.

He would have to two like 2 a day. I feel bad for some of the people that paid 600 dollars and got a quick doodle of a helmet. Thankfully it also includes all of the previous goodness.

I think he'll be fine. Japanese illustrators draw like the wind.

I guess consoles are first for the fanbase, even though Comcept has experience with Vita. Didn't someone with 3DS offer to help them or something?

Yeah, can't remember which company it was though. Personally, I'd like to see consoles as the main priority after computers. I want it to feel like a rebirth of Megaman, which I always associated with consoles.

TheMink

^Beck lol, not a very androgynous name :p

WAIT..... Becky O_O

I think the next two stretch goals will be the original mystery goals (assist/second playable character and stuff like that) at about 2.5 and 2.8 million, and then the next gen/portable version goals will be after that at maybe 3 and 3.5 million.

I would approve of this

Top Bottom