• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

LiK

they need to add a PS4/XBO stretch goal. I'd be on board to contribute then.

Patrick Klepek interviewed Inafune and he said they don't even have the dev kits for both consoles so it won't be listed cuz of uncertainty with how much they need to fund that. But it'll be most likely ported since the game doesn't come out until 2015.

Patrick Klepek interviewed Inafune and he said they don't even have the dev kits for both consoles so it won't be listed cuz of uncertainty with how much they need to fund that. But it'll be most likely ported since the game doesn't come out until 2015.

thats good to know. i'd be all in for a PS3/360 version, but they're going away to fund next gen.

Fireblend

Banned
I almost don't want next gen consoles to be a stretch goal, because I'm sure that regardless of how much money this makes, there's enough interest already that Sony and MS will surely be willing to help them port the game over to their respective consoles. I'd rather have them use my money for a level editor than for something I'm pretty sure is already going to happen regardless of whether it's a stretchgoal or not.

Also:

jFViWM1.jpg

Dunno if it was posted here already, but wow.

DeVeAn

I almost don't want next gen consoles to be a stretch goal, because I'm sure that regardless of how much money this makes, there's enough interest already that Sony and MS will surely be willing to help them port the game over to their respective consoles. I'd rather have them use my money for a level editor than for something I'm pretty sure is already going to happen regardless of whether it's a stretchgoal or not.

Also:

Wow, so cool.

RM8

Stretch goals for handhelds and my pledge gets super-sized. Otherwise I can't think of anything that would make me upgrade.

RM8

I'm starting to wonder if I might like Becks design more than Megmans.... I really like the way he looks.
I think I do already, and Megaman is one of my absolute favorite game characters. I think Beck nails "cool" without losing the classic Megaman feel like X does (I love X too, BTW).

Trike

Stretch goals for handhelds and my pledge gets super-sized. Otherwise I can't think of anything that would make me upgrade.

Physical copy of the game? Real Beck Buster? Art of Fighter x Mighty No. 9 fan game?

I'm starting to wonder if I might like Becks design more than Megmans.... I really like the way he looks.

Mega Man's is too iconic for it to be inferior to Beck's, in my opinion. Mega Man's design was heavily influenced by how detailed the limited NES could be with a character of his size, just like Mario and lots of other classic characters. Whereas Beck can have lots of details in his design. But I think the result is that Beck is a little bit too over designed.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I might be tempted to up my pledge even higher if my Beck pixel art gets featured next Communi-Tuesday...

Who am I kidding? Signed hardcover art book and goodies galore it is.

I'm curious about the potential difference between the versions Mighty No. 9 is going to be ported to. I know that Mega Man 9 & 10 were pretty much equal across the PS3/360/Wii, so I'm hoping that the versions are virtually identical; that way I don't have to worry about getting a specific version to enjoy the game the most.

Also:

That can be used as a background picture on your computer. I just got it uploaded on mine and I love it.

japtor

I'm curious about the potential difference between the versions Mighty No. 9 is going to be ported to. I know that Mega Man 9 & 10 were pretty much equal across the PS3/360/Wii, so I'm hoping that the versions are virtually identical; that way I don't have to worry about getting a specific version to enjoy the game the most.
Miiverse drawings!

Hell here's one from a few days ago:
http://tidalnotes.tumblr.com/post/60046973794/a-miiverse-drawing-i-found-made-in-honor-of-mighty

tumblr_mshe5l99ux1qm8kflo1_400.png

I guess the Wii U version would have off-TV play. That would be pretty awesome. I'd probably play with the Pro controller more, though. I just really like that controller.

Trike

I wonder when we will hit 2 million. I as guessing in about 5 or six days, hopefully. This downward trend isn't too promising.

Xater

I wonder when we will hit 2 million. I as guessing in about 5 or six days, hopefully. This downward trend isn't too promising.

It's the usual downwards slope that happens even with big projects like this. They need to generate new interest and near the end there also always a push.

john tv

It's the usual downwards slope that happens even with big projects like this. They need to generate new interest and near the end there also always a push.
It's also the weekend. We have some cool stuff coming up this week (and next, and the next after that) to hopefully keep things nice and active. :)

Trike

It's also the weekend. We have some cool stuff coming up this week (and next, and the next after that) to hopefully keep things nice and active. :)

Good to hear! I think a lot of people are unfamiliar with Kickstarter and think they need to have the money now.

mosaic

go eat paint

What, like a streamed marathon of Inafune playing through all 10 classic Mega Man games? And then he looks at the camera and says, "I didn't think the last boss in 7 was so tough."

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
These weren't posted?

In a related note :), we had a marathon 7-hour meeting over the weekend focused on our expanded stretch goal plan, and should be ready to announce some exciting new targets this week! Keep an eye out for that coming sometime in the next couple days...

P.S -- Oh, one more thing: We have plenty of images of your art to include in our updates, but we don't have nearly enough images of YOU, yourselves! We want to see and share pictures of our Mighty Beckers, too!

So take a picture of yourself doing Beck's signature 2-finger salute and tweet it to @MightyNo9 with the hashtag #MightySalute
, and we'll try to include as many as we can in this week's Communi-Tuesday update! Hope to cya there!! (`_´)ゞ
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/592763

Please relay the idea about getting permission to include fan art in the art book. I tweeted you guys about it already.

Enker

What, like a streamed marathon of Inafune playing through all 10 classic Mega Man games? And then he looks at the camera and says, "I didn't think the last boss in 7 was so tough."

If after playing 1-10 he loaded up a 20 year old prototype ROM of "what I would have put in MM3 if I had more time" I'd sell all my worldly possessions and go have dinner with him as soon as the Kickstarter closes.

Crub

While they will hopefully play alike, The PC version (and the potential next-gen version) will look better.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So it seems blonde Call is a lock?

I still think she looks too much like Roll, but alright, those designs are pretty good.
They say it'll still be up to a vote but we all know Roll Call will win. :(

Speaking of Call, our director Imaeda-san wants to let everyone know that we're hard at work developing her look so we can have proper options for you, the fans, to vote on soon -- but if any design you've seen so far, here or on the front page of the Kickstarter, strikes your fancy, let us know and maybe we can polish that up to include in the contest as well!

thefro

So it seems blonde Call is a lock?

I still think she looks too much like Roll, but alright, those designs are pretty good.

I like the designs from this update the best for Call of any I've seen. I think some of the other ones completely clash with Beck.

This design of Call is basically a female version of Beck with red/pink instead of dark blue/light blue

qq more

Pink hair Call is farrrr better (and I seriously don't get the comparisons with Aero. They happen to have pink hair... so what?). Roll Call's design is good but it's not something I'd choose, she's too similar to Roll. Beck isn't too similar to Mega Man.

Slixshot

Banned
Pink hair Call is farrrr better (and I seriously don't get the comparisons with Aero. They happen to have pink hair... so what?). Roll Call's design is good but it's not something I'd choose, she's too similar to Roll. Beck isn't too similar to Mega Man.

I agree pink would look better. Also, it would give her a more unique identity (despite this game basically being megaman). However, I despise the hair they gave the pink haired model in the concept art on the kickstarter page. If they used the second design posted above with pink hair... that's what I'm talkin about.

Village

To be honest, I think I dislike all the call designs. They are boring, and some are just boring and a redesigned roll. They could have gone different places with it, but they went boring so, whatever.

RM8

Blonde ponytail indeed. I love Roll so I'm happier the closest Call gets to her. I think she needs to be what Beck is to Megaman.

SkyOdin

It is actually as much the outfit that makes pink-haired Call look like Aero. Both are wearing the same black shirt with yellow scarf that pink-haired Aero wore. Obviously, they took that design in a completely new direction to create a different character. I actually prefer the Pink-haired Call over Roll Call, both because I want Mighty No. 9 to differentiate itself from Mega Man, and because I like the subtle MMZ reference with her goggles.

Videoneon

It is actually as much the outfit that makes pink-haired Call look like Aero. Both are wearing the same black shirt with yellow scarf that pink-haired Aero wore. Obviously, they took that design in a completely new direction to create a different character. I actually prefer the Pink-haired Call over Roll Call, both because I want Mighty No. 9 to differentiate itself from Mega Man, and because I like the subtle MMZ reference with her goggles.

This totally captures my stance on Call too, including the differentiation from Mega Man (which, I understand is entirely not possible since we have Roll Call, Aero...Call, and that this franchise in general is homage to Mega Man, but still a worthy endeavor. Especially should Capcom consider revisiting the Mega Man brand again.)

Top Bottom