• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Horseress

axGda7s.jpg

looks awesome

I LOVE this new boss, really, so awesome! Inafune take all my moneys pls

Also, two bosses already?! Will they announce all bosses till the end of the kickstarter?!

mclem

One thing I'm musing on, in regards to the 'extra end stage + boss': In Mega Man parlance, once you'd cleared all the robot masters, you were still only somewhere between halfway and two-thirds of the way through the game; the Wily levels (and occasionally the 'other person who will eventually be revealed to be controlled by Wily' levels, followed by the Wily levels!) made up a pretty decent proportion of the game's content, and the bosses were usually a bit more interesting than the Robot Masters.

I do get a slight feeling that the goal with M#9 is to just have one finale level, or two if it hits that stretch goal, which would be a bit off from one of the things I'm fond of. Still, it is its own thing, so maybe I shouldn't get *too* attached to how certain other series may have done things in the past.

Also: I demand the Boss Rush to take place inside a teleport network :)

mclem

BECK & CALL ONLINE CO-OP MODE?!

I CAN'T INCREASE MY PLEDGE ANY FASTER.

Do note that it's online co-op challenge mode. I suspect the main game is intended to be structured in such a way that it doesn't lend itself to multiplayer.

No way handheld versions would cost more then next gen versions
Don't think of stretch goals in the content of 'costs'. That said, do bear in mind that handheld versions might well have to be their own separate game, rather than a straight port of the codebase that the other versions use.

Soule

They totally know the co-op is the most impressive thing on the stretch goal list as well, look at all dem exclamation marks.

axGda7s.jpg

looks awesome

Wow, all the designs listed for Mighty No. 1 look really nice. I hope the final design keeps the boxer and wrestler motifs from ideas 1 and 2 respectively.

It would be cool if one of the stretch goals was remixed bosses based on scrapped designs voted on by backers (like New Game ++ or something).

But maybe such designs could be saved or retouched for a possible sequel.

Boss Rush mode is a welcome addition, but I was kind of hoping that would be part of the game anyways without the need of a stretch goal. But maybe it is just there as a buffer for the gap to 2.2 million to give people something to look forward to in the mean time.

mclem

That last goal needs to be a physical version.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat, no matter what the price is. D:

You've already got options for all the packaging you'd get from a physical version, I'm not sure it merits much of a stretch goal to burn the contents to a disc. Or do you want a cartridge? :)

Soule

Do note that it's online co-op challenge mode. I suspect the main game is intended to be structured in such a way that it doesn't lend itself to multiplayer.

Kickstarter update said:
we came up with this: over a dozen missions you can play online with a friend, playing as Beck and his community-appointed partner, Call! Like the single-player offline challenge Mode, these missions will be parts of levels remixed, but this time around the theme of cooperative play.

Sounds right, completely okay with that because I think it'd work better that way anyhow.

TDLink

For those who haven't seen it

Online co-op sounds fantastic

Wow these new stretch goals are Awesome. We need to get to that extra level plus boss at the very least...but I'm pretty sure there will be no issue in hitting all of the New stretch goals.

No way handheld versions would cost more then next gen versions

I don't think it costs more, I think it is more of a priority thing. People were more vocal about next gen versions. We will see when the handheld goal is released. They're definitely working on it. Maybe it'll become a new goal at a lower amount. Anything is possible right now

todd360

I still don't understand the ps4 version needing a crap ton of extra money. Doesn't sony want to make it easy to get indies on ps4?

Fireblend

Banned
I still don't understand the ps4 version needing a crap ton of extra money. Doesn't sony want to make it easy to get indies on ps4?

Depending on the tools/engine they're using, licensing it for every individual platform costs a ton of money that Sony/MS have nothing to do with. Plus they already said that they're not going to spend all of each stretchgoal's amount into that stretchgoal necessarily.

mclem

Stretch Goals are *not* generally planned according to accurate cost; more they are a *reward* if the funding reaches that point. Think of them in that contest. It really doesn't take an extra $250k to make a boss rush, for instance :)

It's safer to think in terms of priorities. Comcept feel that they have n justifiable small extra uses for that money in the interim, and then, if they can cover those (+ the actual dev costs), they'll reward backers with the next-gen versions.

They're an enticement to pledge beyond the main goal, not an accurately-itemised costing.

todd360

Depending on the tools/engine they're using, licensing it for every individual platform costs a ton of money that Sony/MS have nothing to do with. Plus they already said that they're not going to spend all of each stretchgoal's amount into that stretchgoal necessarily.

Oh thanks for explaining. I still wish that ps4 version wasn't such a huge stretch goal. I feel like it won't make it to that. I will go from 5 dollars to 60 if we get close to ps4 version goal. These other new things are cool but not enough to make me up my pledge.

Before this, I've yet to support any kickstarter. But the way he's giving a potential huge middle finger to Capcom just makes this all too sweet not to help out. $50 from me for Mighty No 9.

wilflare

they really need to toss a handheld stretch goal somewhere inbetween to spur people to push for these goals.

I was hoping for Inafune to mention it during the SCEJA Press Conference but oh well

Why don't you bump it to $60 for those sweet extras

$60 - Digital or Physical?

georly

Yeah I just bumped my pledge from $20 to $60 (digital). Thinking very hard about going for the $99 tier, but I think I'm going to need a level editor before I move my pledge any further.

Yeah, I've never ever upped my pledge on a kickstarter. I always pay the minimum for 1 copy of the game digitally for everything I back. This game is the first I bumped up from 20 to 60 (physical).

Mesoian

Gee, I wonder what kind of weapon will have advantage over this fiery opponent. :p

Considering it's just a giant walking zippo, I'd really like to see dirt being far more effective than water.

I've lost many a zippo to trail dirt or sand rather than water.

Vamphuntr

I wonder how the game will play out if there is a coop mode. The name implies it's a stand alone challenge mode which is a good thing. I really can't imagine playing something like the X games in Coop mode with their levels layout. Some of the kill wall parts would be terrible in coop. Classic MM also had some gimmick too like the Jump, Jump, Slide, Slide part in 8.

I'm just hoping it doesn't affect the design of the single player game. Goal for the next gen versions is really high but I feel it's realistic. Inti-Creates probably doesn't have next gen dev kits and experience with Xbox One and PS4. They will also need to QA PC/Mac/Linux/360/PS3 versions of the game already and it won't be cheap. I feel it's much more realistic than the Shantae Kickstarter which will make a version for every console for next to nothing.

Top Bottom