• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Lockon

New stretch goals are awesome! Hope we make it all the way through. I would up my pledge but I already put down $250 for that sweet signed hard cover art book.

Edit: I have a suggestion for a new thread title that might bring more pledge/people into this thread. Change it to something like this: Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter (PS4/XONE and co-op stretch goals) ($$ Funded).
Just my 2 cents.

BPoole

Inafune should just ditch the PS3/360 version and focus on all next gen platforms. PS4/Xbone will have been out for nearly 2 years by the time this releases and will likely have a substantial userbase.

todd360

Inafune should just ditch the PS3/360 version and focus on all next gen platforms. PS4/Xbone will have been out for nearly 2 years by the time this releases and will likely have a substantial userbase.

I agree. I want this on ps4 so bad. I'm keeping my ps3 but by the time this game is out I see no reason to buy it for a slowly dieing platform instead of pc.

mclem

I wonder how the game will play out if there is a coop mode. The name implies it's a stand alone challenge mode which is a good thing. I really can't imagine playing something like the X games in Coop mode with their levels layout. Some of the kill wall parts would be terrible in coop. Classic MM also had some gimmick too like the Jump, Jump, Slide, Slide part in 8.

The thing about co-op for platformers is - traditionally - they don't actually involve much co-operation. Both players would still have to traverse the same obstacles, and can't really directly help one another across them (assuming we're not talking NSMB-esque bubble mechanics, which'd be kinda weird here). Obviously the shooty side of things would be more effective, but basing it purely on shooting wouldn't really be in the MM spirit. So... we'll see.

I think I want to know a little more before being convinced by what this stretch goal is offering.

Avatar! Get your red hot avatar here!

v5GYIUo.png

I'm sorry

thefro

I agree with some of the comments on the kickstarter update that I hope the online co-op can be local co-op as well.

weevles

Wow, as fast and furious as this thing is getting funded, I dunno if it's going to hit PS4/XBone level...although I'm still contemplating bumping up to signed HC strategy guide level...

qq more

2 million more from PC version pledge to make the XBox One and PS4 versions ? isn't that much

I'm not sure why anyone would think that when there's a lot of stretch goals in between. It's $200,000 for the XBox One/PS4 versions, just like it's $200,000 for the PS3/360/Wii U versions.

Busaiku

I'm not sure why anyone would think that when there's a lot of stretch goals in between. It's $200,000 for the XBox One/PS4 versions, just like it's $200,000 for the PS3/360/Wii U versions.

People need to stop assuming those are the actual budgets for those stretch goals.
They have appropriate budgets, not tied with the stretch goals.

The stretch goals are in place with the desire to hit certain figures, not necessarily representative of how much it's costing them to follow through on that.

Busaiku

i really want this game as soon as possible
but this project is becoming ridiculous

next , maybe he gonna stretch the goals more and more

editable version
/sarcasm

The $1 billion was actually revealed.
Mr. Inafune will make a real life Beck.

Fireblend

Banned
Isn't it funny that even in that mock picture, there still isn't a Vita/3DS stretchgoal?

:'(

I like how it pretty much retroactively establishes a series as strong as Megaman. Should have added a Mighty No. 9 Legends and Might No. 9.EXE stretch goal as well.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member

/sarcasm

Nope. We need a level editor. Then anything after that is overkill.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

*looooooong image*

/sarcasm
What, no Virtual Boy version?! *cancels pre-order*

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Think they'll have Call playable for single player, should the co-op goal be reached? Or heck, I'd love to see a character focus on using a sword, similar to X4 having X & Zero be unique characters. Just something that offers up different gameplay to encourage replay value.

I just hope they don't try to expand the game's original scope.

It's bound to go over budget in just the natural course of game development. They should keep the extra funds as buffer/cache. And then maybe DLC if there's anything left over.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I assume they'll get a proper name by release? Can I at least see what they'd look like?

It would be cool if their Mighty Number was stylized depending on their element. For example, Mighty No. 1 would have a flaming 1, and Mighty No. 5 would have...uh, a gatling gun 5?

Proper names would be nice.

Vamphuntr

I kinda agree with the parody/mock up picture. It seems at some point they will be adding goals only for he sake of adding them.

I do have a question. The 2,55 million stretch goal is for an end stage and a boss. I take it there is no "Dr Wily" or "Sigma" stages in the game's concept right now? If I'm understanding well, this should have been a goal way before this :/ Same for an introduction or prologue stage. I prefer having a complete game than having a documentary or a tacked on coop mode.

People need to stop assuming those are the actual budgets for those stretch goals.
They have appropriate budgets, not tied with the stretch goals.

The stretch goals are in place with the desire to hit certain figures, not necessarily representative of how much it's costing them to follow through on that.
Plus I highly doubt this game could get entirely funded with just Kickstarters backers. I would imagine that they are also getting help from other outside sources as well as well as paying out of their own pockets to make this game happen. I wouldn't be surprised if the game ended up costing about $10 million to make, if not more.

Gonzon06

It's not like they keep stretching out the time whenever they set new goals, It's set 'till the end of the month and what they get, they get.

If anything the extra stretch goals is just them adding extra stuff because the pledges just won't stop.

Bsigg12

It's not like they keep stretching out the time whenever they set new goals, It's set 'till the end of the month and what they get, they get.

If anything the extra stretch goals is just them adding extra stuff because the pledges just won't stop.

I guess you haven't followed other Kickstarters then. The DoubleFine Adventure Game Kickstarter ended but DoubleFine continued to take backers on their site as "slacker backers". They could easily do the same here, and just continue to take pre-orders/backers after the Kickstarter is over.

Plus I highly doubt this game could get entirely funded with just Kickstarters backers. I would imagine that they are also getting help from other outside sources as well as well as paying out of their own pockets to make this game happen. I wouldn't be surprised if the game ended up costing about $10 million to make, if not more.

That's pretty much what they explained, yes.

Is the 3DS stretch goal real or are people just messing with me using that image? If it's real, shouldn't that be a little lower or even alongside the ps3/360/wii u stretch goals? Just a though. Btw, whatever hapened to that 3DS game King of Pirates?

LiK

Is the 3DS stretch goal real or are people just messing with me using that image? If it's real, shouldn't that be a little lower or even alongside the ps3/360/wii u stretch goals? Just a though. Btw, whatever hapened to that 3DS game King of Pirates?

Fake, just check the KS page for the official list. ;)

Top Bottom