• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm.

I might back for co-op. Not really interested in Megaman anymore as a single player game but I think this could be really fun two player

but I'll wait until closer to the end.

What were the original mystery goals?

Gonzon06

I guess you haven't followed other Kickstarters then. The DoubleFine Adventure Game Kickstarter ended but DoubleFine continued to take backers on their site as "slacker backers". They could easily do the same here, and just continue to take pre-orders/backers after the Kickstarter is over.

You're right I haven't, but they still haven't announced that for this game.

I don't think it's that bad if they keep adding to the game for what are essentially pre-orders anyways.

Raxus

For a game that is originally developed for the PC I am surprised the PS4 and XBone versions need all that extra cheddar.

CTLance

We need a replay feature. Any boss rush mode is useless without being able to verify the time and score.

Otherwise, awesome. Looking forward to online coop challenge mode. I'll be the one always bogging y'all down. Sorry 'bout that. :(

CTLance

Does it really cost 3.3 million to get a PSN/XBLA game out there?
Jesus.
Nah, it costs 200k, minus whatever they have planned to use for other features, plus whatever they have retained from former stretch goals to add to this feature. They have stated many times before that there is no direct correlation.

Vire

Nah, it costs 200k, minus whatever they have planned to use for other features, plus whatever they have retained from former stretch goals to add to this feature. They have stated many times before that there is no direct correlation.

Just seems like they are asking for an awful lot of money for something they haven't even shown gameplay of.

Fireblend

Banned
Sorry if I haven't followed Mighty No. 9's twitter account with bated breath, hanging on their every word.

The answer is right there in the project's FAQ. If you can't bring yourself to read the project description before coming here with questions you don't get to complain about people reacting to the millionth time a question that's been discussed to hell and back gets asked. It's as bad as not reading an OP and then asking something that was answered there.

qq more

Sorry if I haven't followed Mighty No. 9's twitter account with bated breath, hanging on their every word.

Me neither. All you need to do is look at the stretch goals to realize those 3 million dollars aren't for porting.

I'm sorry for sounding rude. I just get tired of having to repeat the same thing.

Vire

The answer is right there in the project's FAQ. If you can't bring yourself to read the project description before coming here with questions you don't get to complain about people reacting to the millionth time a question that's been discussed to hell and back gets asked. It's as bad as not reading an OP and then asking something that was answered there.

"The answer is hidden somewhere in a wall of 40 pages of text, why are you so lazy god"

I'm looking now and I still don't see the answer you are talking about. But thanks for being an asshole.

Me neither. All you need to do is look at the stretch goals to realize those 3 million dollars aren't for porting.

I'm sorry for sounding rude. I just get tired of having to repeat the same thing.

I'm just not understanding why there is a 1 million dollar gap between PS4 and PS3 versions if it only costs 200K to port.

PsionBolt

Dammit, these new goals have left me so conflicted. I'm excited, but now I'll be super-disappointed if we don't hit 2.55 million.

Vire

Priorities, I'd assume. They probably want to focus on other things before porting it to unproven systems.

Install base will be fairly large by 2015, seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot by developing a co-op feature rather than something that will potentially get them hundreds of thousands of more sales.

Busaiku

I'm just not understanding why there is a 1 million dollar gap between PS4 and PS3 versions if it only costs 200K to port.

We don't know how much it costs to port.
The gaps between stretch goals are not indicative of the actuals costs, and you should never assume as much.

You also shouldn't assume it costs $1 million more to port it to different platforms.

Basically, do not look at stretch goals and assume that the differences are accurately represented, there's a lot more going on, and stretch goals do not reflect that.

qq more

Install base will be fairly large by 2015, seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot by developing a co-op feature rather than something that will potentially get them hundreds of thousands of more sales.

I'm pretty sure most PS3/360 owners will still have their PS3/360 in 2015. The PS4/XBone would only be 1-2 years old by the time the game comes out, I doubt either system will have half of what the PS3/360 has now.

Not saying I'm against PS4/Xbone ports, but I'm just trying to see where they're coming from. I think they're playing it safe.

I'd rather have more features than more ports (which would be plenty by the time they hit the Wii U/PS3/360 goal), tbh.

hal9001

Banned
Some awesome fan art someone posted:

original.jpg

qq more

Inafune and Inti-Creates has proven themselves many times, so I wouldn't worry too much!

(I can see where you're coming from though. Anyone can still disappoint, no matter the experience)

Vire

Inafune and Inti-Creates has proven themselves many times, so I wouldn't worry too much!

(I can see where you're coming from though. Anyone can still disappoint, no matter the experience)

I'd be much more willing to give Inafune money if he made something I have enjoyed in the past ten years.

I absolutely adore Megaman X, (seriously one of my favorite games ever made), but Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z looks absolutely terrible and doesn't inspire much confidence.

I really hope this game is awesome.

qq more

I'd be much more willing to give Inafune money if he made something I have enjoyed in the past ten years.

I absolutely adore Megaman X, (seriously one of my favorite games ever made), but Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z looks absolutely terrible and doesn't inspire much confidence.

You should try out the Mega Man Zero series if you haven't yet. They start off a bit rough at first but then they become very satisfying games, especially Zero 2 and 3!

Vire

You should try out the Mega Man Zero series if you haven't yet. They start off a bit rough at first but then they become very satisfying games, especially Zero 2 and 3!

I own Megaman Zero 1, I just remember I couldn't get into it, the overly long and complicated intro/story was a turn off. I remember getting lost in the world map and then I got stuck on a very difficult boss fight.

I just wasn't having much fun. I may give Zero 3 a chance one of these days if I could ever find a cart...

ZoddGutts

Yaiba is being done by a different game studio, Spark Unlimited. This game is being made by Inti Creates, the game studio that made the Mega Man Zero series, ZX series and Mega Man 9/10. They know their shit when it comes to Mega Man games.

CTLance

Plenty of Kickstarters have shown Vertical Slices or target gameplay:
Yeup. But: Plenty of kickstarters have not. It's not a guarantee of any shape. Just ask Dyack. There is no strict rulebook where you have to slave away before the campaign in the hope of gathering enough support.

It's Inafking and his band of Ex-Capcoms with NeoGAF insiders watching over their every step. If you cannot back the project at this level of assurance, well, then... I guess... you cannot back it. It's OK. Nobody's gonna judge.
We'll just stare.
Silently.
Reproachfully.

I applaud you for your choice of Ghost Song, fellow Backer. I'm sure Jobbs is thankful too.
Speaking of which, where is he? Sitting in a plane to Cuba with a briefcase full of monies? ... Just kidding, he's still posting so he's probably just busy.

Vire

Yaiba is being done by a different game studio, Spark Unlimited. This game is being made by Inti Creates, the game studio that made the Mega Man Zero series, ZX and Mega Man 9/10. They know their shit when it comes to Mega Man games.

Ah well that's encouraging, I just saw Yaiba listed under Comcept's official website and assumed they were in charge of development.

Not surprised Spark Unlimited made something below average after Lost Planet 3...

Fisico

Just updated my pledge from 60$ to 120$ and cancelled the project phoenix's one because they don't seem reliable at all, I don't even know why I backed in the first place.
Looking at the announcement trailer at PAX, I just realized this is probably my most wanted game right now.

I don't trust Inafune that much, but there's Inti and others dude which look far more reliable

todd360

Exactly what i'm thinking.

qq more

I own Megaman Zero 1, I just remember I couldn't get into it, the overly long and complicated intro/story was a turn off. I remember getting lost in the world map and then I got stuck on a very difficult boss fight.

I just wasn't having much fun. I may give Zero 3 a chance one of these days if I could ever find a cart...

Zero 1 is pretty flawed, it only picks up once you get halfway through the game. Get the DS collection, the ports are perfect.

mosaic

go eat paint
Hoping I get the job I've been interviewing for. If so, I'm upping to the $250 level. Daddy wants his console versions!

Azure J

Zero 1 is pretty flawed, it only picks up once you get halfway through the game. Get the DS collection, the ports are perfect.

Honestly, whenever someone talks about the Zero series, my immediate reaction if they didn't enjoy it is to ask if they started with 1 or 2. Zero 2 - 4 really did impressive improvements making it more like the X games with faster gameplay over the original "Metroidvania" idea they played with for Z1 (and would later revisit in ZX).

RM8

My guess is no 3DS version for the same reason Shantae isn't getting one, it would be a fundamentally different game to do so.
I think you can downscale a downladable PS360 side scroller to 3DS without having to make a completely new game. There are plenty of PS360 to PSP or 3DS examples out there, and again, this is a classic side scroller at heart. I dint think Renegade Kid would have offered help for an impossible task, and at this point the MN9 have acknowledged a 3DS version enough without saying "nope, not possible" even once. Not to mention it has potential to be very profitable.

qq more

Honestly, whenever someone talks about the Zero series, my immediate reaction if they didn't enjoy it is to ask if they started with 1 or 2. Zero 2 - 4 really did impressive improvements making it more like the X games with faster gameplay over the original "Metroidvania" idea they played with for Z1 (and would later revisit in ZX).
I enjoyed Zero 1 and I started with 3, but 1 was honestly really flawed. It had really dumb design decisions such as not being able to restart the mission if you've failed it. You had to either give up the mission and move on or reload your save.

Also, I hated how unfriendly it is to newcomers. It makes MMZ harder to recommend because of that.

Top Bottom