• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Blueblur1

Liking Mighty No. 1's design much more than Mighty No. 5's. I'm looking forward to seeing more. Threw $60 the other day and I'm considering throwing in some more. Especially after the new stretch goals.

Im just curious, weren't these machines supposed to be for industrial use? If so, why was one created as a huge revolver? I understand the whole robot on robot arena they had, but I sort of want a back story to know what they were before.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Install base will be fairly large by 2015, seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot by developing a co-op feature rather than something that will potentially get them hundreds of thousands of more sales.

Maybe they just feel porting it to every available system gets old and it gets even older hearing people complain that they NEED this on one particular system or they wont back it. It is going to be on pc, xbox360, ps3, wiiU. I have to guess that 99% of gaf can therefore play it due to low pc requirements. At this point though, it is not even able being able to play but to bicker if something is not exactly the way i want it.

Also, They probably have already figured then would reach ps4/one but are just trying to provide more incentive to back Maybe though they want all these supposed ps4/one owners to put their money where their mouths are and if they want it on ps4 instead of their more than capable ps3 then they can pony up.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Im just curious, weren't these machines supposed to be for industrial use? If so, why was one created as a huge revolver? I understand the whole robot on robot arena they had, but I sort of want a back story to know what they were before.
Maybe they planed to use it to drive in shots like with a Hilti/Ramset gun.

He was created for prison executions and is/was immune to that robot on human violence law.

Now he must be taken down.

Nah, I really don't know.

turk128

Really digging the designs.

JH02Sfn.png

epRmZYN.png
ijbMNR5.png

I don't know, putting the "making of" documentary ahead of the console releases is a bit shitty. I mean, out of all the stretch goals that has to be the one most of us want.

I don't know, putting the "making of" documentary ahead of the console releases is a bit shitty. I mean, out of all the stretch goals that has to be the one most of us want.

It's easily the one I want most, but at least they bumped the goal up by $300,000. It's going to make it (and then some) either way though, so no worries!

PokéKong

Originally I was planning to up my donation from 20 to 60 later in the month because this is so exciting, but after several stretch goal adjustments it seems like there are no signs that the game will see a non-digital retail release. Plus there are still too many unknowns, do we even know if it will run with 3D models or sprites? Is it definitely going by NES Mega Man traditional formula and length of 8 stages and bosses then a final one? Is Beck's default form going to be bare bones jump-n-shoot man or will he have some sort of dash or slide or wall kick? I want some moves to master, I want to know there will be at least a little influence from the X or Zero series.

PokéKong;81012577 said:
Originally I was planning to up my donation from 20 to 60 later in the month because this is so exciting, but after several stretch goal adjustments it seems like there are no signs that the game will see a non-digital retail release. Plus there are still too many unknowns, do we even know if it will run with 3D models or sprites? Is it definitely going by NES Mega Man traditional formula and length of 8 stages and bosses then a final one? Is Beck's default form going to be bare bones jump-n-shoot man or will he have some sort of dash or slide or wall kick? I want some moves to master, I want to know there will be at least a little influence from the X or Zero series.

It will be polygons.

I think some of the designs are reminicent of ZX and Zero designs, but maybe you're looking for gameplay influences.

As far as the other stuff, I don't think we know yet.

This is the first Kickstarter project I've backed, I hope it gets to the console release number as that is the only place I'd actually play it.

JawzPause

3.3m for PS4/XB1 versions seems pretty unlikely but I hope it makes it. By the time this comes out (2015) I think the majority of gamers will have moved to next-gen.

MarkMacD

PokéKong;81012577 said:
do we even know if it will run with 3D models or sprites? Is it definitely going by NES Mega Man traditional formula and length of 8 stages and bosses then a final one? Is Beck's default form going to be bare bones jump-n-shoot man or will he have some sort of dash or slide or wall kick? I want some moves to master, I want to know there will be at least a little influence from the X or Zero series.

It mentions on the page (it's a huge one, I know) that it will be 3D graphics but 2D gameplay -- so "2.5D". The plan right now is 8 stages and a final one, yes, but more stages might be possible via the stretch goals. And on the move set -- that's not defined yet, although we are listening to fan feedback there as with everywhere else, so thanks for the input!

Oh and turk128 -- amazing avatars! :D Posted them in the official twitter just now -- thanks so much! (`_´)ゞ

Rhapsody

Banned
PokéKong;81012577 said:
Originally I was planning to up my donation from 20 to 60 later in the month because this is so exciting, but after several stretch goal adjustments it seems like there are no signs that the game will see a non-digital retail release.

Latest update today at least mentioned the possibility

We are still pricing out and investigating the possibility of some kind of physical version of the game as an additional new reward tier. Watch this space!

So there's a chance. While it won't be a retail release available everywhere, at least it might be a new reward tier.

The PS4/Xbone stretch goal seems disingenuous to me. No way it needs that much extra funding to cover the cost, when much smaller projects with way less finding are getting on the PS4.

Someone get Adam Boyes, Nick, and Shane on the phone.

Top Bottom