• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Village

She's old. She is a Frontier Brain, from Pokemon Platinum.

I have played the crap out of that game, and never seen this woman.

What the shit

* goes and finds platinum*

INVESTIGATIONS COMMENCE
]

* remembers all his good pokemans are in black and white now*
SHIET

training and then invesrigations.

Anyways I would like an iris like roll, as far as cute black girls.
( in the sense of this being a child, not in the sense of sexual attraction. This should be implied but some one wont get this .)

I would try my hand at designing things for this game, but I would need 5000 bucks that I do not have.

I have played the crap out of that game, and never seen this woman.

What the shit

* goes and finds platinum*

INVESTIGATIONS COMMENCE
]

* remembers all his good pokemans are in black and white now*
SHIET

training and then invesrigations.

Anyways I would like an iris like roll, as far as cute black girls.
( in the sense of this being a child, not in the sense of sexual attraction. This should be implied but some one wont get this .)

I would try my hand at designing things for this game, but I would need 5000 bucks that I do not have.

Spr_Pt_Dahlia.png

I agree, I don't want a sexy girl. I want an adorable female companion, like Roll.

Village

* goes and gets heart gold*

* all the good pokemon are in black and white now*

Damn it

Spr_Pt_Dahlia.png

I agree, I don't want a sexy girl. I want an adorable female companion, like Roll.

I can try to design a cute black roll for you, I would just have to start friday after noon if thats fine.

Well it doesn't have to be something offensive like Oil Man, but something like this girl from Pokemon.

200px-Platinum_Dahlia.png

A cute Brunette would be pretty cool.

She looks like she could just as well be hispanic, but if she is black that's cool. Pokémon's way too white, yo.

I can try to design a cute black roll for you, I would just have to start friday after noon if thats fine.

This needs to be done. Someone should also draw the Light family with Japanese features (since the games are, canonically, set in Japan, one would assume Dr. Light is Japanese and designed his robot children to appear as such).

She looks like she could just as well be hispanic, but if she is black that's cool. Pokémon's way too white, yo.

Hispanics can be Black or White. She could be dark skinned because Robots don't have race or nationality anyway. All I'm saying is that I would find a cute brunette more fresh than a copy of roll or a female version of beck. I don't mind if she is either black or hispanic or indian or filipina.

mclem

The PS4/Xbone stretch goal seems disingenuous to me. No way it needs that much extra funding to cover the cost, when much smaller projects with way less finding are getting on the PS4.

Someone get Adam Boyes, Nick, and Shane on the phone.

...can we get a Kickstarter FAQ, please?

Gonzon06

This needs to be done. Someone should also draw the Light family with Japanese features (since the games are, canonically, set in Japan, one would assume Dr. Light is Japanese and designed his robot children to appear as such).

Wait, but doesn't Megaman 8 shows that Dr.Lights lab is in America? (then there's the OVA and yamatoman)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Hispanics can be Black or White. She could be dark skinned because Robots don't have race or nationality anyway. All I'm saying is that I would find a cute brunette more fresh than a copy of roll or a female version of beck. I don't mind if she is either black or hispanic or indian or filipina.

I didn't draw this, but there ya go.

Aile from Mega Man ZX/ZX Advent.

If they made one similar to her, that would be cool.

Akai__

When I checked last time, there weren't so many stretch goals. :O

Now, that next-gen is a stretch goal, too... How likely is it, that we will get a next-gen version of this game, if they don't hit 3,3 Million US$? Their is still a chance, if the game sells well, right?

amardilo

Once I found out 8-4 were involved I had to change my pledge to add the 84 bump.

I really hope it gets to the $3.3m amount so it comes out on next generation systems but that target seems very far away.

Mithos

Gold Member
3.3m for PS4/XB1 versions seems pretty unlikely but I hope it makes it. By the time this comes out (2015) I think the majority of gamers will have moved to next-gen.

They might do the stretch goal switcharoo like they did with PS3/360/WiiU, and move the PS4/Xbox One down a notch or two when founding is closer to the original stretch goal placement.

john tv

Once I found out 8-4 were involved I had to change my pledge to add the 84 bump.

I really hope it gets to the $3.3m amount so it comes out on next generation systems but that target seems very far away.
Thank you, that means a lot!

Still a lot of cool stuff planned for the coming weeks... :)

Fireblend

Banned
I think the next-gen 3.3 million stretch goal is really clever. If the current progress keeps up, we'll end up with like 2.9 - 3.1 million by the end, so having the next-gen strethgoal so close might provide a real boost by the end.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
From the update:

ALz1Pon.jpg

One giclée print of the 'Blue Storm' design.

Archival pigments on acid-free handmade Japanese paper. Every print is signed and sealed by the artist.
Measures 12x17 inches.

The left caption says 末子一世頼 meaning: "The Last Born, the greatest hope of our age". The right caption reads 岩乗九番 which means: "Strong Number 9". The kanji 岩 means "boulder", which hearkens back to this hero's "rocky" origins. ;)

手漉き和紙(耳付き)と顔料絵の具を使用。
各作品に絵師ジェッドのサインと落款付き。
31.75 x 43 cm.
注文後2週間以内に発送予定

'Blue Storm' Giclée (Ships in 2 weeks)

http://www.ukiyoeheroes.com/products-page/giclee/blue-storm-giclee-print/
To be clear, this is not an official piece, and no money from the sales go to Comcept or this Kickstarter campaign, BUT, we are super proud to announce that we reached an agreement with Jed that 10% of every sale will be donated to this year’s BitSummit festival in Kyoto, celebrating and educating Japanese indie game designers and helping them get their games out to the world! This is a big part of what Inafune and the team hope to accomplish here with Mighty No. 9 on Kickstarter, so if you like the poster, we hope you’ll help support Jed and this awesome cause!

They might do the stretch goal switcharoo like they did with PS3/360/WiiU, and move the PS4/Xbox One down a notch or two when founding is closer to the original stretch goal placement.
I might be wrong, but it almost feels like it makes more sense to switch them / jumble them up a bit. The game is going to be niche anyways, so I'm not sure the size of the existing install base of 360/PS3 would be super beneficial, especially since PS4/XB1 might have sold respectable numbers by then. I realize "next-gen" development might be more expensive, but I also think it might be more worth it to go that route. If they could include Wii U in there too it would also be great. It seems like a decent idea to target the platforms people WILL have in this case because this game probably largely aligns with the enthusiasts that will pick those systems up early anyways.

I might be wrong, but it almost feels like it makes more sense to switch them / jumble them up a bit. The game is going to be niche anyways, so I'm not sure the size of the existing install base of 360/PS3 would be super beneficial, especially since PS4/XB1 might have sold respectable numbers by then. I realize "next-gen" development might be more expensive, but I also think it might be more worth it to go that route. If they could include Wii U in there too it would also be great. It seems like a decent idea to target the platforms people WILL have in this case because this game probably largely aligns with the enthusiasts that will pick those systems up early anyways.

February next year will mean a decent amount of consoles... but it's still early enough that most people won't have thrown out their PS360's for it. I know the enthusiasts on gaf don't like this, but I think the majority of them forget that they are indeed enthusiasts.

Also it may be costing more because they don't want to just port it. They might want to make higher quality assets for it, and thus the higher cost.

February next year will mean a decent amount of consoles... but it's still early enough that most people won't have thrown out their PS360's for it. I know the enthusiasts on gaf don't like this, but I think the majority of them forget that they are indeed enthusiasts.

Also it may be costing more because they don't want to just port it. They might want to make higher quality assets for it, and thus the higher cost.
Another thing to note is that Sony has promised to support the PS3 for ten years, so that system is still going to be around long after the PS4 has launched. Not sure on the Xbox 360, though.

Lettuce

What on earth is the point of the PS3/360 stretch goal???

The game will not be out until 2015!!!...who will still be actively using their PS3 and 360 consoles in 2015 and thats even if xbl and psn servers are still available for these consoles that far in the future!?

bumpkin

What on earth is the point of the PS3/360 stretch goal???

The game will not be out until 2015!!!...who will still be actively using their PS3 and 360 consoles in 2015 and thats even if xbl and psn servers are still available for these consoles that far in the future!?
I didn't even think about this, but yeah, that's a good point.

Top Bottom