• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I hope this reaches its goal, both because I'd love to see how it turns out and I'd really love to see more Japanese indie developers on Kickstarter.

I don't think they're asking too much considering the people involved, but I guess the question is whether there is enough demand. I think they can at least make it past the goal.

Cmagus

Rather him do a Megaman like game at this point than Capcom. Capcom lost all respect from me at this point so I am backing this.

I just pledged 250 bucks. That's the fastest and most I've ever put down for a kickstarter.

This game would get a lot of buzz as a next-gen digital download game. I don't know why these smaller projects aren't looking for next-gen as a means to get attention.
Rather him do a Megaman like game at this point than Capcom. Capcom lost all respect from me at this point so I am backing this.

Well, for all intents and purposes this is a Megaman game. Just like from my viewpoint, Bayonetta was essentially the Devil May Cry 2 Kamiya never got to make.

Noi

Whew, looks like I got to Beck before everyone else did.

You might wanna pretty it up so it doesn't look as bad in the dark theme.

Edit: Someone rip the main theme from the project page somehow, I need this thing in an easy to listen format.

Lingitiz

This will definitely reach the goal imo. Excellent team with a proven record, and a spiritual successor to a much successful franchise.

Easily. I don't know if they can reach the heights of Project Eternity or Torment, but I think the console versions are doable. We'll have a better picture of the progress by the end of the tomorrow.

For reference I remember Eternity being funded in about a day (1.1 mil I believe), and that went on to make nearly 4million.

Dug

Banned
6VObyNj.png

I mean...jeez...that obviously gutsman, willy, roll, and rush
ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Like, my studio makes lil shitty (not for long though! hehe) games that are F2P and our budgets are not far off what this game is asking for.

A lot of you are becoming spoiled by indy people who love games SO MUCH that they dont mind going on minimum wage for years, pull 14 hour days and make a whole game with 3 people in a basement. thats unrealistic and unfair. You forget that game developers deserve a fair wage and that their tools, testing, publishing and marketing fees cost real money.

Limit

What kind of world do we live in where someone of Inafune's caliber is having to resort to crowdfunding in order to make his game a reality. Neither of the big two thought this game idea was good enough to be funded and locked in as an exclusive?

Like, my studio makes lil shitty (not for long though! hehe) games that are F2P and our budgets are not far off what this game is asking for.

A lot of you are becoming spoiled by indy people who love games SO MUCH that they dont mind going on minimum wage for years, pull 14 hour days and make a whole game with 3 people in a basement. thats unrealistic and unfair. You forget that game developers deserve a fair wage and that their tools, testing, publishing and marketing fees cost real money.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
What kind of world do we live in where someone of Inafune's caliber is having to resort to crowdfunding in order to make his game a reality. Neither of the big two thought this game idea was good enough to be funded and locked in as an exclusive?
A world where an F-Zero GX sequel and Bayonetta 2 aren't viable.

Kaizer

Banned
Jesus, I NEED this to exist. Will keep an eye on this one, but I'm definitely contributing a $100 or more. Please port to Vita, please port to Vita.

ezekial45

Banned
80k already. That's pretty impressive.

Is Kickstarter open to JPN users as well? I thought that it's only usable for North America and Europe.

TheOGB

Banned
I think it should be really obvious that Inafune would love to keep working on Mega Man/Capcom games but doesn't want to deal with Capcpom. And I for one find it hilarious.

This is obviously a front for a new Mega Man game. Capcom must have got Inafune back on side, and not wanting to spend too much on the project, have gone to Kickstarter. It'll be announced as a Mega Man game when that goal is reached, book it.

I kid, I kid.
Capcom motions to sue Comcept, then, after months of bad PR and "discussions," Capcom "allows" Comcept to use Mega Man.

That was the best.

GetemMa

Why would you not want to make this game Capcom?

Looks too awesome? Too many people wanted it? Makes too much sense economically?

I guess you needed a bigger team and a bigger budget for Resident Evil 6. Yikes

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So pumped for Mighty No. 9. I really hope it gets funded. It really deserves it.

Erethian

so what is to prevent Capcom from suing the shit out of them, because it looks a hell of a lot like mega man (yes I know Inafune made mega man)

Inafune didn't make Mega Man, Akira Kitamura did.

But yeah, some of this stuff does veer super close to being a duplicate of things found in MM. Like not-Roll.

Squire

Banned

QFT

PaulloDEC

As someone who's never played a Mega Man game (for more than a few minutes) and hasn't got a lot of love for Eastern games in general, I'm surprised at how exciting this looks to me. Everything in the video sounded really appealing, and the detail in the Kickstarter is more exhaustive than anything I've seen before.

I think I can get on-board with this.

Coiote

$900k for a 2D sidescroller?

$2,5m for the console versions?

Why so expensive? Is the yen exchange rate enough to blame?

Isn't a bit much? Inxile is making Wasteland 2 with this kind of money.

I suspect it won't reach the $2,5m stretch goal, so I might aswell back out from this project. I would rather play this game on consoles and I am trying to be very cautious to not double dip lately.

I think it should be really obvious that Inafune would love to keep working on Mega Man/Capcom games but doesn't want to deal with Capcpom.

I think is the other way around, Capcom will never work with Inafune, probably the same can be said about Platinum Games, Capcom Japan is run by old people that care about nothing but money and bad decisions.

Top Bottom