• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Alan Smithee

Neo Member
So into this game! Here's a GIF to celebrate.

ari_mightyno9_zps14172b3c.gif

longer version here:

https://vimeo.com/74383368

Oh man I would just watch the Let's Play by itself. I haven't pitched in but I might have to consider...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Nobody posted this?

PODCAST FRIDAY: MightyCast No. 2!

MIGHTYCAST No. 2 RUNDOWN:
Intro 00:49 – 06:24
Ben Judd's Origin Story 06:25 – 08:59
Bionic Commando 09:00 – 19:44
Origin of Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter 19:45 – 24:11
Mighty No. 9 Fans 24:12 – 33:29
Special Moments 33:30 – 38:59
Becker Skype Questions & Answers 39:00 – 1:03:29
Mighty No. 9 Breakfast Cereal Jingle 1:03:30 – 1:04:45
Koji Imaeda Interview 1:06:30 – 1:24:40
Closing Comments 1:24:41 – 1:28:25

I just got Mega Man Zero Collection, ZX,and ZX Advent in the mail. I'm going to start with Zero Collection. Do I play Easy Scenario mode or each game individually? Is easy scenario actually easier or is it just all the games put together?

qq more

easy scenario is definitely not recommended

you get literally EVERYTHING unlocked, there's no fun in that

and i think it makes pits not instant but its been a while

SkyOdin

What does everything include? All weapons? Upgrades? I have no context here.

If you start up easy mode in Mega Man Zero collection, it will start you out at the beginning of Zero 1 with every Cyber-elf at full power and already activated, including the secret unlockable cyber-elf that grants you complete invincibility when you input a certain button combination. Thus you have quadruple starting health, take half damage, and are immune to spikes, amongst many other benefits. You also have four sub-tanks. This in a game where it is entirely feasible to beat it with no upgrades at all. It makes the game a very different experience.

Really hope this picks up a little steam before it ends. Would love for it to see a port to XB1 and PS4. Although, I think all the rest of the features from stretch goals I wanted already got funded.

Really hope this picks up a little steam before it ends. Would love for it to see a port to XB1 and PS4. Although, I think all the rest of the features from stretch goals I wanted already got funded.

Yeah the funding has really really died down. I was hoping we'd get to at least the co-op goal, but now I'm not even sure.

Azure J

Yeah the funding has really really died down. I was hoping we'd get to at least the co-op goal, but now I'm not even sure.

There's no way this isn't hitting every goal currently listed. We still haven't made it to the last stretch when everyone gets wild about donating and everyone wants to see things move towards XB1/PS4 development.

zeopower6

There's no way this isn't hitting every goal currently listed. We still haven't made it to the last stretch when everyone gets wild about donating and everyone wants to see things move towards XB1/PS4 development.

Yeah, the end is going to be a doozy for this KS. x_x

I haven't followed many KS's but when do you usually see the "flurry"? Final day, Finals 2 days? I would of course love to see all of them made.

ZoddGutts

I'll reach 2.5 mil before the final 3 days if it continues at 30K from now on. I'll get a big bump at the final 3 days, I wouldn't worry about reaching the Co-op mode.

zeopower6

I haven't followed many KS's but when do you usually see the "flurry"? Final day, Finals 2 days? I would of course love to see all of them made.

Final 2 days. That is when the people who 'starred' it get their emails asking them to pledge. Not surprisingly, a lot of KSes have their highest funding days in the very beginning and at the very end of the campaign.

And I think they were interested in doing Vita... so if the PS4 is an option, Vita may have been discussed too and is a "???" goal.

PokéKong

Listening to the podcast now, and the origin story of the kickstarter sort of makes it sound like Inafune formulated the game specifically for kickstarter? "Spiritual successors usually do well on kickstarter, okay here's a megaman spiritual successor."

Not to say Mighy No. 9 wasn't in some way an idea spinning around in his head already in some form or another and he just spat it out on the spot. But it's interesting that people may be beginning to engineer a proven repeatable business model around kickstarter.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
PokéKong;81696861 said:
Listening to the podcast now, and the origin story of the kickstarter sort of makes it sound like Inafune formulated the game specifically for kickstarter? "Spiritual successors usually do well on kickstarter, okay here's a megaman spiritual successor."

Not to say Mighy No. 9 wasn't in some way an idea spinning around in his head already in some form or another and he just spat it out on the spot. But it's interesting that people may be beginning to engineer a proven repeatable business model around kickstarter.

So can I have my Powerstone, Vectorman, Actraiser, ect. spiritual successors now? Someone get on those please.

At the bare minimum, it should pull in ~$35k a day for the remaining 17 days. That'll put it at $2.7 million as a worst case estimate. And that doesn't account for whatever bump will come in over the final three (or so) days, which should be fairly substantial based on what other videogame kickstarters have done. Something like $3.2 million seems like a plausible estimate.

Elchele

I'm not too excited about the main character design, but the project as a whole looks great. Couldn't convince myself not to "contribute".

DedValve

Banned
I think they should of waited before introducing the next gen goals. Is was like the day that update was put up, support dropped like a rock.

I think that's normal to happen at Kickstarter. Game gets massive buzz, reaches its goal extremely fast, goes the rest of the month with very little support, near the final few days (or even final few hours) massive buzz picks up again for that big final boost.

Usobuko

Banned
I think it's more because during the last few days backers are more proactive in spreading the campaign and they themselves might choose to upgrade for the game to hit the next reward milestone. Oh, and maybe a portion of people who are hesitating before will made their decision to back this too.

Busaiku

Dang, thought things would ramp a bit this weekend since it was so close to consoles.
It's still a lock, but maybe through Monday or Tuesday.

Still, I think the Online Co-op has a good shot, but I dunno about breaking $3 million now.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Dang, thought things would ramp a bit this weekend since it was so close to consoles.
It's still a lock, but maybe through Monday or Tuesday.

Still, I think the Online Co-op has a good shot, but I dunno about breaking $3 million now.

I doubt breaking $3 million will happen, but stranger things have happened. I hope that they still allow funding after the initial KS campaign so that breaking $3 million (and unlocking more and more stretch goals including the PS4/One) will be achievable eventually.

NotSelf

I'm not too excited about the main character design, but the project as a whole looks great. Couldn't convince myself not to "contribute".

I think he looks cool definitely has more going on then the blue bomber.

Mega-Man-Spiritual-Successor-Mighty-No-9-Is-Now-on-Kickstarter-379643-2.jpg

but I also like the simpler look as well ..I reckon he couldn't go this route.

Mega_Man_(Mega_Man_9).png

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Really glad console versions are basically locked in. I have faith it'll at least reach online co-op!

Top Bottom