• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

viveks86

Really glad console versions are basically locked in. I have faith it'll at least reach online co-op!

Me too! $2.129 million right now. Should reach the goal within 48 hours! Assuming that such kickstarter projects have quite a spike in funding towards the end, I'm hoping to see next gen consoles locked in as well!

i just listened to the Mightycast No. 2 and they talked about the possibility of a physical game a bit. I would love that so much. I would totally buy that as a separate order if it does not make it into the Kickstarter.

Also, I've been playing MM Zero and just defended the base from some tank and I've really been enjoying the game. It's the sequel to the X series I never knew I wanted. I've been missing out. I'm so glad that I bought this as a result of Mighty No. 9 hype.

Hesemonni

Banned
Is there a Vita stretch goal?
I'd love to hear some developer insights on how hard it actually is to port an existing project to Vita platform. Of course this being really project dependant, but some I'd love to hear how Vita development tools are as opposed to some other platforms.

Terrutas

Neo Member
I'm really worried about all the hype.

Don't get me wrong, it's freaking great we finally get a "megaman" game after so long. And all the hype is justified, but I'm worried there'll be so much hype the expectations will go through the roof and this game will end up receiving negative feedback. Even though it's unlikely from the looks of it.

I also wonder how Turbo mode works. If it speeds up the whole game like in Devil May Cry then that's pretty great.

NotSelf

I'm really worried about all the hype.

Don't get me wrong, it's freaking great we finally get a "megaman" game after so long. And all the hype is justified, but I'm worried there'll be so much hype the expectations will go through the roof and this game will end up receiving negative feedback. Even though it's unlikely from the looks of it.

I also wonder how Turbo mode works. If it speeds up the whole game like in Devil May Cry then that's pretty great.

I can't imagine the pressure keiji inafune must be feeling to deliver a great game now.

Naito

Has this been posted? Early look at Inafune's concept for Mighty No. 3

nu1A5E1.png

i just listened to the Mightycast No. 2 and they talked about the possibility of a physical game a bit. I would love that so much. I would totally buy that as a separate order if it does not make it into the Kickstarter.

Also, I've been playing MM Zero and just defended the base from some tank and I've really been enjoying the game. It's the sequel to the X series I never knew I wanted. I've been missing out. I'm so glad that I bought this as a result of Mighty No. 9 hype.

MMZ really comes in to its own when you throw caution to the wind.

Naito

That's the puzzle they released? I looked at all the pieces and didn't even bother trying it. :lol

Yep, that's the solved weekend puzzle :)
Tomorrow, Monday, there will be an update regarding this particular No. 3; she's a female robot master btw.

Tohsaka

Same here. I have it backed at the $60 level and will be requesting a PS3 download code, but it'd be awesome to actually get a disc inside.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm glad we'll get the current console versions, but I don't think it'll make the co-op goal (not that a game like this needs it).

I think it'll pretty easily make the co-op goal.

I'd love to see co-op missions in a MegaMan-esque game. I think it's something that's long overdue.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I think the fund goes up about 10,000 a day, but of course there could be a push at the end. However, at that current rate it would only make 160,000 in the days remaining.

It's not "could be a push". There will be a push. I'd expect the Kickstarter to make more money in the final two days than it has in the past week.

Especially if the final push is done well, and they've been doing meaty Kickstarter updates very consistently. I'd expect a live stream countdown in the last 24 hours with Inafune making an appearance.

khaaan

Hnnggh, only $43,487 and I'll be content.
I see this thread pop up and project updates a lot, it this something I should be overly concerned with? At this point the only thing I really care for are the start official forums, surveys, and the release of the game. One of the reasons I haven't been paying too much attention is because when the game eventually comes out I'd like the experience to be "fresh" and then come back to read over the conceptual level stuff.

Hnnggh, only $43,487 and I'll be content.
I see this thread pop up and project updates a lot, it this something I should be overly concerned with? At this point the only thing I really care for are the start official forums, surveys, and the release of the game. One of the reasons I haven't been paying too much attention is because when the game eventually comes out I'd like the experience to be "fresh" and then come back to read over the conceptual level stuff.
One reason why I care about the game (aside from it potentially being great) is that I feel Mighty No. 9 could have an impact on Mega Man and Capcom. Heck, I'm even writing an essay about the same topic.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Just realized something. How will the exclusive transformations/Gold Beck work with the console versions? Will we have a unique code to enter? Obviously not one that everyone can use.

RangerBAD

It's not "could be a push". There will be a push. I'd expect the Kickstarter to make more money in the final two days than it has in the past week.

Especially if the final push is done well, and they've been doing meaty Kickstarter updates very consistently. I'd expect a live stream countdown in the last 24 hours with Inafune making an appearance.

I suppose it is too early for me to make any kind of guess.

One reason why I care about the game (aside from it potentially being great) is that I feel Mighty No. 9 could have an impact on Mega Man and Capcom. Heck, I'm even writing an essay about the same topic.

Capcom is probably already feeling the burn just with the initial success of the kickstarter.

Just realized something. How will the exclusive transformations/Gold Beck work with the console versions? Will we have a unique code to enter? Obviously not one that everyone can use.
Not sure how that'll work, but I'd assume that each person would get a nine-digit unique code that's used only once to prevent others from getting it.

Soul4ger

Just hope it gets up through 2.55 million. The Challenge Mode, and the final stage and boss are supremely awesome stretch goals. I'd love a Vita version, but I'll take it on PS3, and I have a suspicion that if it does well enough, which it will, we'll be seeing other ports.

NoTacos

What are the chances of it getting to the next gen stretch goals? For a while it seemed to be getting around 100k a day but it seems to have slowed down

ZenTzen

What are the chances of it getting to the next gen stretch goals? For a while it seemed to be getting around 100k a day but it seems to have slowed down

going by previous kickstarter and indiegogo campaigns, with some luck it'll probably reach the extra end stage and boss or beck and call online co-op mode stretch goals in the next 10-13 days, last few days is when we'll see a spike in donations and maybe that'll be enough for the ps4 or xbone stretch goal

viveks86

Seems like they really overestimated on next gen versions.

What a shame.

True! They've basically calculated next gen to be 50% more effort than current gen consoles, and slapped $1.1 million on it! Even if you go through their initial response to next gen demands, they sounded extremely circumspect.

Regardless, I have a feeling that they would reach that goal as we race towards the finish line. So it's all good!

molnizzle

An extra million for PS4/Xbone versions? Geez. Those things are basically PC's, how hard will it really be to port to them?

Excessive.

Eusis

Seems like they really overestimated on next gen versions.

What a shame.
I'm really hoping this ends up being more "PS4/XB1 will be done later if the game does well enough" rather than "nope never you lost your chance guys." It WOULD make sense within the context of crowd funding that you'd set aside the money to get those ports done ASAP, but if you don't get those funds then they're secondary, and may require people who Kickstarted it to rebuy the game.

Well, that's fine with me, I think I'd stick with Wii U anyway just out of a blind "It's Nintendo and Mega Man-ish, it belongs there!" mentality. On PS3/PS4 there's probably reasonable odds it becomes a Plus freebie anyway, and there's always sales.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm really hoping this ends up being more "PS4/XB1 will be done later if the game does well enough" rather than "nope never you lost your chance guys." It WOULD make sense within the context of crowd funding that you'd set aside the money to get those ports done ASAP, but if you don't get those funds then they're secondary, and may requires people who Kickstarted it to rebuy the game.

Well, that's fine with me, I think I'd stick with Wii U anyway just out of a blind "It's Nintendo and Mega Man-ish, it belongs there!" mentality. On PS3/PS4 there's probably reasonable odds it becomes a Plus freebie anyway, and there's always sales.

That's what I'm hoping too. We know it shouldn't cost that much to just port it, since the stretch goals are pretty much promises on what they will do if we fund them enough. As for which console, I really want to get it for Wii U. But when that co-op gets funded, I'm pretty sure I'll have more friends to co-op with on PS3.

An extra million for PS4/Xbone versions? Geez. Those things are basically PC's, how hard will it really be to port to them?

Excessive.

Yeah. It's weird how the Shantae kickstarter has a PS4/Xbone version within the original 400.000 goal ,but this needs like 550.000 for just porting the games...

vid

Excessive.

An extra million for Challenge Mode, an additional stage and boss, online co-op Challenge Mode, two unrevealed tiers, and PS4/Xbox One versions. A lot of that money goes into developing the game further, not just cranking out a port.

Azure J

Maaaaan. I mean I knew about a lot of this, but seeing it all in motion after so long is just :')

This is also why I wondered about the folks that liked where the X series brought the platforming design but didn't like the Zero series for whatever reason. The folks that preferred/felt more inclined towards the former series' shooting/ranged stuff I can understand though since the best means of both getting through levels and combat were usually the melee stuff in the Z series. (Best saber based combat in the franchise easily.)

Excessive.

They might want to re-create assets from scratch as opposed to doing straight ports in order to better accommodate the next gen consoles as someone brought up before. Then there's also all the other content from the stretch goals leading to that mark.

Takao

Banned

I'm pretty sure Capcom are aware that they could make a downloadable Mega Man game and have it sell 40k.

Takao

Banned
An extra million for Challenge Mode, an additional stage and boss, online co-op Challenge Mode, two unrevealed tiers, and PS4/Xbox One versions. A lot of that money goes into developing the game further, not just cranking out a port.

If I were Comcept I'd prioritize additional revenue sources over additional features.

Yeah. It's weird how the Shantae kickstarter has a PS4/Xbone version within the original 400.000 goal ,but this needs like 550.000 for just porting the games...

Wayforward have next gen devkits and people that are probably gaining experience working with them right now. Comcept/Inti-Creates don't. Like PC doesn't mean straight port, and even Sony has said that it probably takes a month or two to port PC games to PS4 (which is supposed to be the easier system to code).

I think the fund goes up about 10,000 a day, but of course there could be a push at the end. However, at that current rate it would only make 160,000 in the days remaining.

It goes up by about 35,000 a day. Even if it stays that low, which is arguably worst case scenario, that puts it at 2.6 million before the final 2-3 day push.

gemoran4

I only pledged $5, but i'll probably bump that to at least $20 (especially if it's trying to push the 360/ps3/wiiu goal).

I have to say though, this is so similar to megaman it's scary.

"You play as Beck, the 9th in a line of powerful robots, and the only one not infected by a ysterious computer virus that has caused mechanized creatures the world over to go berserk. Run, jump, blast, and transform your way through six stages (or more, via stretch goals) you can tackle in any order you choose, using weapons and abilities stolen from your enemies to take down your fellow Mighty Number robots and confront the final evil that threatens the planet!"

like they didn't even try to make it subtle, it basically is megaman with a different coating. At least it will give a bit of a middle finger to capcom for basically shelving the megaman ip indefinitely.

Instro

They are ahead of Double Fine Adventure within the same time frame I believe. So chances are very good:

Mighty No.9 currently: ~2.16m

DFA through 16 days: ~2.08m

Project Eternity through 16 days: ~2.16m

The final kick on this should be equal if not better than DFA, so it should clear that PS4/XBO stretch goal pretty handily. Everyone seems to be having some debby downer syndrome about the daily numbers, yet the legs are better than any big game kickstarter that has happened so far. The only game its behind within the same timeframe is Torment which had raked far more money in its opening.

clem84

Gold Member
I'm calling it now. It will reach 2.750 "Beck and Call online co-op challenge mode". The rest won't happen. Things are slowing down more and more everyday. There will be a surge at the end sure but not enough to reach 2.9. I hope I'm wrong.

Top Bottom