• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

I'd love to hear some developer insights on how hard it actually is to port an existing project to Vita platform. Of course this being really project dependant, but some I'd love to hear how Vita development tools are as opposed to some other platforms.

If they are using Unity, I know it costs 40k per license (normally licenses are per developer) for Unity on PS3,Vita,360, Xbox One, and PS4. For Wii U, Nintendo eats the cost.

If they are using an engine other than Unity, same thing still applies except it also costs some money to acquire said middleware for Wii U.

qq more

Glad you're enjoying the Mega Man Zero games, Oni Link! They're actually my #2 favorite Mega Man series because of the combat. I mean I usually prefer platforming more than action... but man... the combat :O

viveks86

I really hope all the console holdouts get us past the co-op mode.

I think it's highly likely. We have just touched 50% on the timeline. I expect to see a massive spike the last few days (just like Project Phoenix). I'm optimistic that we would reach $3.3 mill!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Set myself a reminder to remove my pledge in fifteen days. The thought of playing a PS3 game in 2015 is a little frightening, and I don't think we'll get the PS4 stretch goal.

Anyway, have fun, PC gamers.

Set myself a reminder to remove my pledge in fifteen days. The thought of playing a PS3 game in 2015 is a little frightening, and I don't think we'll get the PS4 stretch goal.

Why? This thing isn't gonna be a big resource hog so your pc will likely run it. Given that dualshock 4 is apparently gonna be more friendly to PC, why would you not play it?

mclem

I've seen a good few Kickstarters that drift close to a stretch goal recieving the stretch goal feature anyway. Jane Jensen's Moebius is going with the orchestral main theme despite falling a little short of that stretch goal. Volgarr added in the alternative path despite not quite reaching the target.

Stretch goals aren't hard-and-fast costings. But, it's fair to bear in mind, there's no actual obligation for them to do it if they don't reach the goal.

Durante

Why have we not breach $2.2m yet? One of you better answer me. And it better be good, or I shall burn down all of NeoGAF.
Obviously everyone removed their pledge when the shitty multiplatform goals were moved ahead of stretch goals which actually serve to improve the game.
I'm joking

Fireblend

Banned
I'm in for $80, but trying to shame or chastise someone just for removing their pledge for whatever reason (like they need one) is pretty pathetic. Come on guys. Not invested enough? This is a 20 bucks videogame, not a religion.

I'm calling it now. It will reach 2.750 "Beck and Call online co-op challenge mode". The rest won't happen. Things are slowing down more and more everyday. There will be a surge at the end sure but not enough to reach 2.9. I hope I'm wrong.

Except that there was more money generated yesterday than in any of the 5 days before it. 3 million is likely, 3.3 may be a stretch but it is possible.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
Might no 9

Broken Age

As you can see, Broken age got over $800,000 in the last 5 days.

MN9 will make over $3M. I am sure of it. I would certainly not bet against next-gen ports! There is a very good chance it will beat Tim Schafer's game.

mclem

I'm in for $80, but trying to shame or chastise someone just for removing their pledge for whatever reason (like they need one) is pretty pathetic. Come on guys. Not invested enough? This is a 20 bucks videogame, not a religion.

I think the critical factor is that some are invested in getting the game for a platform of their choice, and some are invested in the idea of the project itself. Of course, neither group's 'right', as such, but there's always going to be a little bit of a clash in that distinction, because they're two funders with desires that mostly match up but differ in some significant aspects.

That extends somewhat to my philosophy about gaming in general; I go where the games I want to play are, rather than only showing interest in those that are currently within my sphere of interest; the games take the lead, not the platform. And age isn't a factor; I wouldn't object to playing a PS3 game in 2015 - heck, I'm currently playing and enjoying a PC game from 1986.

But that's just a philosophical thing, really; once again, I do have to highlight that there's nothing fundamentally wrong with the other philosophy (and indeed, there's often financial reasons that would force a person into it), but it's significantly alien to how I think.

Besides, I also wanted to make a cheap gag about Windows 8 giving you cooties.

Because I don't want to play it on PC.
Don't worry, I don't want to play it on PC either. I hardly ever turn the thing on if I'm doing photo work.

Pretty much.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Update #14: MIGHTY BOSS MONDAYS: Making Mighty No. 3!

S3W8Z8d.jpg

(above) The final design of Mighty No. 3, in all her circuit-breaking glory! On the left, we see her sans cloak, and on the right, she’s fully cloaked and ready to start shocking!

Enker

Now THAT'S fuckin' badass. I love it.

Edit: Upped my pledge to 60. I'll up it another 20 if we get more wimminz.

I'm with you - just backed for $60 (was going to back anyway, but Elec Woman sealed the deal). They may sucker me into the signed artbook yet.

There was no doubt on the console versions. Hopefully we'll hit at least 2.55 mill when the last minute rushes start to pour in. If things go well, I could easily see them porting the game to PS4/xbone if it's successful on consoles (which unless they advertise it wrong, or can't get word of mouth, it will)

Top Bottom