• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

RM8

I'm only upgrading for handhelds. I'm okay with PC, while a possible PS3 purchase is a nice extra. 3DS? Please receive (more of) my money.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
A few fan-made art/animations retweeted by MN9.

BUUotfUCEAA6QAe.jpg

PylonEnemy.gif

mn1.gif
Wow.

The game isn't coming out 'till 2015 but people are excited about current consoles getting a port? PS4/XB1 should have been the stretch goal before them. Its not like getting the dev kits would break their budget. Who would buy this on 360/PS3 in 2015?

RM8

The game isn't coming out 'till 2015 but people are excited about current consoles getting a port? PS4/XB1 should have been the stretch goal before them. Its not like getting the dev kits would break their budget. Who would buy this on 360/PS3 in 2015?
I'd buy this on PS2 if necessary. But that's just me.

I'd buy this on PS2 if necessary. But that's just me.

Don't get me wrong, it looks great. I just don't understand how having PS3/360 as a stretch goal makes sense when your game is launching in 2015. WiiU totally makes sense, but PS3/360 before the next gen stuff (or 3ds/Vita) is just stupid. We will be over a year and a half from launch by then at least.

viveks86

I frankly don't see how we'll reach the $3,300,000 mark in just 14 days. We're just barely getting to $2,200,000.

It is quite likely that they would reach it. Most popular kickstarter projects have an inverted bell curve for funding. There will be a crazy spike towards the end. Project Phoenix was a good example of this

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm guessing for most people here, this is the first Kickstarter they've watched/backed.

The final two days will be ridiculous with funding.

Fuzzy

Yep, plenty of people "star" a project and come back to it when it reminds them when there's only 2 days left.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah, this is really my first actual backing of a kickstarter project, but I've seen a lot get massive boosts near the end.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
$5,000 more. I take back about Wed. being the max, we'll totally reach $2.2 million tomorrow, no question.

Madness

Not really knowledgeable about the inner workings of kickstarter, but about how much more funding can be reasonably expected? It's already slowed down. I know it picks up a lot as the end draws near, but what you folks think?

Ideally, I want the next gen versions as well. Don't think it'll have much impact to be released this gen only as opposed to no next generation version to carry the series forward.

just tell people funding it is basically a giant middle finger at Capcom
that should bring more funding towards the end(im pretty sure people would fund this just to spite Capcom at this point due to all the crap they pull lately)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, one of the higher stretch goals.

I had assumed the whole game would be co-op compatible for some reason. lol

Kinda lowered my interest but I'll still keep it in mind as it approaches its deadline

GetemMa

I'm glad that the console versions are on their way. Glad I backed it.

I'm getting the WiiU version.

But, I still find it bizarre that the deliverable date on this project is Spring of 2015 and they still want to put it on PS360 first instead of the PS4 and XBox1.

By 2015 the next gen will start to becoming entrenched in people's living rooms while the PS360 will be on their way to being distant memories.

Hiltz

Another successful kick starter. Good job, fellas. I'll be buying the Wii U version. I wonder if it will be able to meet the next stretch goal.

Fuzzy

PS3 and 360 won't be relevant in 2015.

PS4, XBO and Wii U should be at this stretch goal.
It's about trying to raise as much money as they can. If people think MN9 will only come to PS4/X1 if they reach $3.3 million then you're pretty naive.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
PS3 and 360 won't be relevant in 2015.

PS4, XBO and Wii U should be at this stretch goal.
This topic of conversation came up quite a few pages back, and as was previously discussed, you'd be surprised with how much longer various consoles have lasted despite another generation starting.

Some people simply do not feel inclined to immediately upgrade to another console as soon as possible due to cost, disinterest, satisfaction with their current console, etc. To say that they wouldn't be relevant is erroneous.

I like this pic.

BUVkzfMCMAACiPp.jpg
Alright, can't wait to get my hand on this. I'll make sure to donate by the end of this week.

BTW, is it possible for a computer to play a PS3 controller? I'd like to download this off of Steam if possible; but if not, I'll just get the PS3 version.

Mesoian

Alright, can't wait to get my hand on this. I'll make sure to donate by the end of this week.

BTW, is it possible for a computer to play a PS3 controller? I'd like to download this off of Steam if possible; but if not, I'll just get the PS3 version.

It is, but you'll need to put a little work into it. It's not like the 360 controller, where when you plug it in, it just works.

Top Bottom