• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Multiplayer thread of building with a buddy then lighting him on fire

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, maybe the server should get anther reboot after the latest patch hits. No item spawning, at all. Not even tools! We will once again have to craft the tools by hand, like it should be.

thespot84 said:
the *mostly* complete map of neoneogafland is available at http://www.mentor-ftp.com/

I'm investigating a way to make this thing update daily, if anyone has advice on moving where MCAdmin backups are made (symlink?) I'm all ears.
Holy crap that is amazing. The world looks so huge in person, but looking at it overall is so damn impressive.

Edit:
I like how the structure that has all the waterfalls coming off the top of it is practically invisible on the map. It blends right in with the ocean.

Adamm

thespot84 said:
the *mostly* complete map of neoneogafland is available at http://www.mentor-ftp.com/

I'm investigating a way to make this thing update daily, if anyone has advice on moving where MCAdmin backups are made (symlink?) I'm all ears.

Thats amazing - cant believe how big it actually is!

& Vlads hole looks just as huge on the map as it does in "real" life :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Just looked for a few minutes on this new version. Some impressive stuff. Nice job on the Stadium.

WOW at all the new additions since I played this back in mid August.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
thespot84 said:

It may just be me, but the world looks pretty barren other then one small area that is really built up.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Drkirby said:
It may just be me, but the world looks pretty barren other then one small area that is really built up.

Well we've had a few explorers go out and extend the map needlessly.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ZealousD said:
Well we've had a few explorers go out and extend the map needlessly.

Always wanted to know if there is an eventual "end" to the world.

Can't wait to see how this "fast travel hell world" premise is going to work out.

Tesseract

Banned
Drkirby said:
Yeah, maybe the server should get anther reboot after the latest patch hits. No item spawning, at all. Not even tools! We will once again have to craft the tools by hand, like it should be.

seconded.

Timan

Developer
Must... get... my... minecraft... fix...

Connection Refused? FUUUUUUUUUU

Hopefully Spot/Touch will get it back up soon.

Blizzard

Banned
Just in case anyone running a server doesn't see it, I posted some links in the main forum Minecraft thread regarding McAdmin. Unless someone strips out some update/debug stuff from the code, it sounds like there may be a backdoor put in by the creator, should he ever feel like using it.

JoeyX

Neo Member
Timan said:
Must... get... my... minecraft... fix...

Connection Refused? FUUUUUUUUUU

Hopefully Spot/Touch will get it back up soon.

I know..... I don't know what to do with myself!

JoeyX

Neo Member
TouchMyBox said:

D:

I NEED MY FIX!!!!

I er uh... mean... Any luck on getting the server back up and running there?

*Edit*

If money became an issue I am sure people (myself included) would help out

Vlad

JoeyX said:
D:

I NEED MY FIX!!!!

I er uh... mean... Any luck on getting the server back up and running there?

*Edit*

If money became an issue I am sure people (myself included) would help out

Contrary to the name, Touch doesn't actually run the server any more. It was transferred over to TheSpot a while ago.

thespot84

the admin wrapper forced and update and kicked me out for a bit. It's up and running again.

I'm out of town on vacation until Monday, but i can usually remote in if I need to. It would help me help you if you guys could PM me if you're having issues, since I don't check GAF every day (blasphemy I know...)

RE: Paying for hosting... It's a nice idea since the server won't be subject to power outages or anything, but i'm weary because a: managing the money might be hard and b: I wanted to set up a script to update the google map of the server on a daily basis. I don't think we could do that with a 3rd party.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
thespot84 said:
the admin wrapper forced and update and kicked me out for a bit. It's up and running again.

I'm out of town on vacation until Monday, but i can usually remote in if I need to. It would help me help you if you guys could PM me if you're having issues, since I don't check GAF every day (blasphemy I know...)

RE: Paying for hosting... It's a nice idea since the server won't be subject to power outages or anything, but i'm weary because a: managing the money might be hard and b: I wanted to set up a script to update the google map of the server on a daily basis. I don't think we could do that with a 3rd party.

Have you heard the controversy about McAdmin?

http://www.reddit.com/related/dxm6h/apparently_dont_use_mcadmin/

thespot84 said:

my server is paid for (i'm not the owner, just an admin) and it's really a lot easier than you might think. If you can write a script to grab the files from ftp (shouldn't be that tough) it would work out beautifully. I currently just grab the map manually (its faster because there's a zip file option so you don't have to transfer so many folders/files at once) and run a command line that executes a normal/oblique/obliqueangle during day and night to spit out 6 carts all at once. Only thing stopping me from completely auto-managing it is lack of caring for the full automation, i don't mind zipping the files using the online browser that much.

The server runs 24/7, the host website has actually gone out for an hour or more at times likely due to traffic but the server has a dedicated backbone or something that keeps it up during downtime. It's quite nice. 64 player slots too.

For the money for the server, ask for paypal donations! That can alleviate it somewhat :)

Also MCAdmin isn't as good as hMod (hey0's server mod) IMHO

thespot84

Ice Monkey said:
my server is paid for (i'm not the owner, just an admin) and it's really a lot easier than you might think. If you can write a script to grab the files from ftp (shouldn't be that tough) it would work out beautifully. I currently just grab the map manually (its faster because there's a zip file option so you don't have to transfer so many folders/files at once) and run a command line that executes a normal/oblique/obliqueangle during day and night to spit out 6 carts all at once. Only thing stopping me from completely auto-managing it is lack of caring for the full automation, i don't mind zipping the files using the online browser that much.

The server runs 24/7, the host website has actually gone out for an hour or more at times likely due to traffic but the server has a dedicated backbone or something that keeps it up during downtime. It's quite nice. 64 player slots too.

For the money for the server, ask for paypal donations! That can alleviate it somewhat :)

Also MCAdmin isn't as good as hMod (hey0's server mod) IMHO
Thanks I'll look into it this week when I get some time

Rapstah

My subway station is finished, it'd be great if people tried connecting the tracks to stations of their own though so that we can have a working track system in place for when mine carts start working. Thanks to the unknown benefactor who built the tracks from my station to the sky tower too!

moojito

As someone confused and frightened by minecraft, I thought I'd come into this thread to see if the OP had some kind of "wtf is minecraft" section. I am disappoint!

moojito

funkmastergeneral said:
there's an official thread for a reason

Ah, some google fu later, I see the light. I figured this was the main thread for this like the tf2 and wow threads. My bad!

vid

Have the server addresses changed? I was planning on logging in and poking around for a while, but the information provided in the OP isn't allowing me to connect.

Vlad

kennah said:
When's the next google map update? I love that thing

I'm more curious about what program was used to make it. I've been digging through the Minecraft forums and haven't seen one that generates something like what Spot's map looks like.

thespot84

server down for maintenance, hope to be back up in an hour.

Edit: it's running, but currently mapping. Feel free to join now as a test, to see if we can map and play at the same time.

Top Bottom