• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Multiplayer thread of building with a buddy then lighting him on fire

Blizzard

Banned
Perhaps what Twig is referencing, albeit obliquely and in a somewhat obnoxious fashion, is that when multiple humans donate money to help run a server, drama and politics tend to get involved.

Twig

Banned
Blizzard said:
Perhaps what Twig is referencing, albeit obliquely and in a somewhat obnoxious fashion, is that when multiple humans donate money to help run a server, drama and politics tend to get involved.
Eh? No. I stated it very clearly. It's not my fault if he misunderstands what should be obvious to a normal human being. And, in fact, he clearly DIDN'T misunderstand, as he inquired if I had an alternate solution.

thespot84

Twig said:
Eh? No. I stated it very clearly. It's not my fault if he misunderstands what should be obvious to a normal human being. And, in fact, he clearly DIDN'T misunderstand, as he inquired if I had an alternate solution.

Correct. I tend to deal well with constructive criticism, which you have yet to offer... If all you're contributing is a warning then it is duly noted.

Twig

Banned
thespot84 said:
Correct. I tend to deal well with constructive criticism, which you have yet to offer... If all you're contributing is a warning then it is duly noted.
Yes, because warning you that things will go down the shithole is somehow destructive.

HEAVEN FORBID SOMEONE STATE FACTS.

Blizzard

Banned
Twig said:
You said it caused all sorts of troubles and I may have misunderstood thinking he didn't know what you were saying at first. And then you brought monkeys into the deal and everything went from bad to worse. :( I am sorry if I misunderstood or was rude.

Twig

Banned
Blizzard said:
You said it caused all sorts of troubles and I may have misunderstood thinking he didn't know what you were saying at first. And then you brought monkeys into the deal and everything went from bad to worse. :( I am sorry if I misunderstood or was rude.
BLIZZARD

never apologize to me have you learned NOTHING

Blizzard

Banned
Twig said:
BLIZZARD

never apologize to me have you learned NOTHING
ludwig.gif
I'M SORRY FOR EVERYTHING
ludwig.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is TouchMyBox Land down for everybody else too?

So my IP has changed. It won't affect those connecting via touchmybox.dyndns.org

But if you connect to my server by IP, use 206.248.135.202:25565

Man, GafLand is amazing. I just visted there and really am impressed by what is being made. I kinda wish there were more signs, or a path I can take to see the major sites. I immediately get the feeling I am a tourist and want to see all the famous sites GafLand has to offer.

Edit:
I guess I went to Touch's server.

awesome @ touch's Server! I really like all the structures there. I had a good laugh at the "morph ball tech required" sign :lol

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
thespot84 said:
for those looking, new gafland is at:

touchmybox.dyndns.org

I think we've decided the official name is NEO Gafland. :lol

Just checked out the server; really awesome. I was particularly impressed with the coliseum. The vendor signs were pretty funny.

Where's suburbia though? =P

thespot84

server is down for maintenance, hope to be back up in an hour. trying to address the connection issues.

Edit: Back up, let's give it a shot.

Just watched the videos of Neo Gafland and I love it! Great work to everyone involved. I can't wait to get a chance to play with you all and add my own slice of paradise.

thespot84

GC|Simon said:
I'ld love to contribute to NeoGAF Land, however, with this adress, I get a timeout.

the IP is currently 71.237.24.115. also try putting :25565 after the domain name:

touchmybox.dyndns.org:25565

Inkwell

Banned
I've taken a bit of a break from Minecraft, but I just checked out NeoGAF Land and it's pretty awesome. I spent close to an hour exploring everything I could. Awesome job with everything.

JoeyX

Neo Member
Started making a Venice next to the Titanic in Touchmybox's server. I was amazing at what people have been making.

My structures are rough at the moment but if anyone else wants to join in on what I am building please help out :D

thespot84

rebooting everything and installing an update or two, be up in 20 min.

Edit: sorry to everyone who was on, the control panel showed no one connected so I shut it down, but when i did it showed everyone disconnect :-/ Sorry for no warning.

EDIT2: up and running.

pxleyes

Banned
So I take it on the neoGAF server that some of you have OP, thus being able to spawn the kits so you don't literally have to mine all that stuff? If so...how can I get OP access?

Vlad

pxleyes said:
So I take it on the neoGAF server that some of you have OP, thus being able to spawn the kits so you don't literally have to mine all that stuff? If so...how can I get OP access?

Here's the way it works, as far as I'm aware:

There are ranks on the server. Each rank allows you to do different things. The ranks have names (builder, advbuilder, etc), but I don't know which name goes with what rank. The color of your name in-game denotes your rank, though, and I do happen to know those:

Gray: New person. I don't know if they're allowed to place blocks or not, but I do know that they can't use the !tp (teleport) or !time commands. Can't use destructive blocks like buckets, lava, TNT, flint/steel, etc.

Light Green: Can use the above commands.

Dark Green: Can use flint/steel to start fires.

Cyan: Can use pretty much every item, as far as I know, and can also spawn blocks for themselves or others.

Purple: Highest rank, probably called admin or op or something. TouchMyBox and TheSpot are the only two I'm aware of. Can summon other players (forced teleport) to them, and can kick/ban, as well as set the ranks of others.

As far as getting the different ranks go, it's up to the discretion of the Purple players. I don't know if there's any set criteria in place. Normally there's a few Cyans floating around, and if there's something specific you're working on, you can ask them to spawn something for you.

ZealousD

Vlad said:
Here's the way it works, as far as I'm aware:

There are ranks on the server. Each rank allows you to do different things. The ranks have names (builder, advbuilder, etc), but I don't know which name goes with what rank. The color of your name in-game denotes your rank, though, and I do happen to know those:

Gray: New person. I don't know if they're allowed to place blocks or not, but I do know that they can't use the !tp (teleport) or !time commands. Can't use destructive blocks like buckets, lava, TNT, flint/steel, etc.

Light Green: Can use the above commands.

Dark Green: Can use flint/steel to start fires.

Cyan: Can use pretty much every item, as far as I know, and can also spawn blocks for themselves or others.

Purple: Highest rank, probably called admin or op or something. TouchMyBox and TheSpot are the only two I'm aware of. Can summon other players (forced teleport) to them, and can kick/ban, as well as set the ranks of others.

As far as getting the different ranks go, it's up to the discretion of the Purple players. I don't know if there's any set criteria in place. Normally there's a few Cyans floating around, and if there's something specific you're working on, you can ask them to spawn something for you.

Cyan/Purple are also the only ranks that can spawn and use TNT.

As far as getting to that point, that's totally up to the discretion of the admins. You basically have to be a pretty solid regular on the server for a few weeks before you can become an OP.

OP's can spawn stuff for you, but you should probably check the community tower first. I try to keep it well stocked enough for people to get what they need unless they're doing some massive insane project.

pxleyes

Banned
Thanks for all the info guys., it really has helped clear up a bunch. Just when I thought I was learning the ins and outs of this game. I'll be on the server regularly now.

thespot84

heads up:

I plan on running some mapping software on the server tomorrow morning. I'll start sometime around 9 AM MDT. I'll be doing the work remotely but it will still be very hard on the HDD, and there will probably be significant lag. The process should take ~ 90 min.

ZealousD

thespot84 said:
heads up:

I plan on running some mapping software on the server tomorrow morning. I'll start sometime around 9 AM MDT. I'll be doing the work remotely but it will still be very hard on the HDD, and there will probably be significant lag. The process should take ~ 90 min.

Make sure you compress the finished file. Last time Touch did this he left it as a 40 meg PNG rather than compressing it to a standard JPEG.

thespot84

ZealousD said:
Make sure you compress the finished file. Last time Touch did this he left it as a 40 meg PNG rather than compressing it to a standard JPEG.

thanks. I'm using the python script that makes it into a google maps version, so we'll see how it goes...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Can you do both? Jpgs would screw up a map's fine detail if you do the "1 pixel is 1 block" type.

Edit: Oh wait, it should be done. Lets see it! Maybe its in the normal topic.

I'm adminning a very active (bought) server at the moment that's very stable, on 24/7,has extensive anti-grief support, a 64 player limit as well as a fully functional shop that sells impossible-to-get blocks such as sponge and brick and clay and such. We also have regular cart updates so you can see your progress on a large map. We're currently gearing up (meaning the server is kinda slow) to get ready for the halloween update when we'll reset the map and play legit aside from the shop which I think enhances everyone's enjoyment especially for art purposes.

Anyone is welcome to join, but you have to be added to the whitelist. Let me know if you guys are interested, I don't want to randomly pop in and hijack people if you guys are happy with the status quo :)

thespot84

Drkirby said:
Can you do both? Jpgs would screw up a map's fine detail if you do the "1 pixel is 1 block" type.

Edit: Oh wait, it should be done. Lets see it! Maybe its in the normal topic.

having issues uploading, the map is 1.5 gb. getting it to play nicely with dropbox will take some time

thespot84

anyone know how to change where the server saves the backups? if i can change that, I can host the map in my dropbox, and run the mapper on a script so it's always up to date...

Ice Monkey said:
I'm adminning a very active (bought) server at the moment that's very stable, on 24/7,has extensive anti-grief support, a 64 player limit as well as a fully functional shop that sells impossible-to-get blocks such as sponge and brick and clay and such. We also have regular cart updates so you can see your progress on a large map. We're currently gearing up (meaning the server is kinda slow) to get ready for the halloween update when we'll reset the map and play legit aside from the shop which I think enhances everyone's enjoyment especially for art purposes.

Anyone is welcome to join, but you have to be added to the whitelist. Let me know if you guys are interested, I don't want to randomly pop in and hijack people if you guys are happy with the status quo :)

I'm very interested in this, as long as there is no item spawning (except unaccessible blocks). I hate seeing giant diamond towers or dogs made out of gold.

thespot84

funkmastergeneral said:
I'm very interested in this, as long as there is no item spawning (except unaccessible blocks). I hate seeing giant diamond towers or dogs made out of gold.

It's not a dog, it's a pig.

Top Bottom