• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Multiplayer thread of building with a buddy then lighting him on fire

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
thespot84 said:
Sounds like just desserts to me...:D
Why, that Iron was for everyone. Now we all lose out of 30 pieces of Iron Ore.

Welp, home from work, so its minecrafting time!

How can I set up a server?

I have Mobile Me from apple can that work? I know I can use it for hosting a web page, I get up to 200GB of traffic a month that I can use

Twig

Banned
I am subscribing to this thread.

And I have nothing constructive to say yet but I'll probably jump on the server some time after my big move out west.

OatmealMu

Listen up, server regulars.

I've decided on a timeframe for when I want to shut down Gafland -- one week after Notch's next update. After it's shut down, I'll ZIP or RAR the map and put it on my public Dropbox for anyone to download. I'll also be willing to provide my entire Minecraft folder for those interested in using my setup.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
OatmealMu said:
Listen up, server regulars.

I've decided on a timeframe for when I want to shut down Gafland -- one week after Notch's next update. After it's shut down, I'll ZIP or RAR the map and put it on my public Dropbox for anyone to download. I'll also be willing to provide my entire Minecraft folder for those interested in using my setup.
Why ;-;

Also, sorry Nob, I was checking to see if that hole was still there, did not expect you to fall into it :lol

Boonoo

Can you toss up a cartograph cave view map? It would be fun to see the underground stuff that's been worked on, as well.

Someone on another server me and my friends are on discovered TNT. There is now a very large hole where a once great Ewok Fortress stood. In fact, there's several large holes where anything stood, its basically the Swiss Cheese of Minecraft worlds.

Kritz

Banned
Chriswok said:
Someone on another server me and my friends are on discovered TNT. There is now a very large hole where a once great Ewok Fortress stood. In fact, there's several large holes where anything stood, its basically the Swiss Cheese of Minecraft worlds.

butwithawhimper.png

Yeeeaaaah.

Kritz

Banned
FYI AUSSIE MINECRAFTERS:

minepoop.dyndns.org

I will be arbitrarily hosting a minecraft server, usually between 5pm-10pm GMT+10. The server may go on later than that, but it will rarely be on earlier, with exception of weekends. It is not running on its own dedicated server, because I'm lazy and haven't gotten around to building one yet. If you want me to host the server when it's offline, join the AusGAF steam chat and yell at me. If you aren't in AusGAF steam group, PM Evlcookie for an invite.

The only rules for the server are:

Don't ruin other people's shit
No sky banners
Don't go walking for three hours in one direction making the map size 100s of megs
When possible, replant trees
Have fun

Admins are Rahk, Orbi, Aon, Untold and myself. You will not be able to spawn kits until one of us add you to the 'trusted' list, so ask us in game to add you. This isn't because we're anal about who can spawn, but because I can't be bothered working out how to make untrusted peeps spawn kits.

I know this post is a little obnoxious and probably unneeded as there aren't many aussies playing anywho, but I thought I'd let y'all know. (Also gosh darn if you aren't in the ausgaf steam chat already, where are you? Nowhere, that's where!)

Ignignort

Anyone able to help me who is hosting a server and using llamacraft. I've installed it correctly and everything is working however players can't destroy objects. Running the .exe works fine as player names are in ops.txt

I'm sure its something really simple.. :D

edit: figured it out, im so dumb

Minecraft server seems to be down.

Not just the Neogaf one, but the main one, the mothership. No multiplayer minecraft today.

Boooooooooo

thespot84

perryfarrell said:
Minecraft server seems to be down.

Not just the Neogaf one, but the main one, the mothership. No multiplayer minecraft today.

Boooooooooo

i share in your pain, if it's any consolation.

ijed

Kritz said:
FYI AUSSIE MINECRAFTERS:

Sweet Kritz - I need to lrn2steam as tried adding to AusGAF group and it wouldn't let me (as I haven't bought any games off steam? - Only signed up to get Alien Swarm...)

Also what happened to Oatmeal? (Banned?)

Kritz

Banned
ijed said:
Sweet Kritz - I need to lrn2steam as tried adding to AusGAF group and it wouldn't let me (as I haven't bought any games off steam? - Only signed up to get Alien Swarm...)

Also what happened to Oatmeal? (Banned?)

PM Evlcookie your steam name. The group is set to invite only after a spam attack some time ago.

Also I haven't had the server up much lately mostly due to AusGAF's lack of interest.

OatmealMu

Kritz said:
PM Evlcookie your steam name. The group is set to invite only after a spam attack some time ago.

Also I haven't had the server up much lately mostly due to AusGAF's lack of interest.

If you build it (giraffe peins) they will come.

thespot84

i'm trying to get a sense of whether or not I can reasonably host a server (and still use my computer, for instance). I've got Gafland up for now on a 12 player server, but that's it, i haven't decided what to do about accounts or greifing or kits or anything. Feel free to hop on.

-server address deleted-

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Touch, is your server up all the time? There's a lot of times I can't connect to it.

JoeyX

Neo Member
Hahaha, what lag!

I went into Touchmybox's server but my ping was far too high. I went off the edge of the world and got clipped!

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Awakened said:

Awesome. I've been checking out the New GAFLand tour and I must say I'm impressed with a lot of the stuff that's going on in there. Definitely makes me want to get into the online bits and tag along. Still a newby though, so I'm only in the early fiddling stages at this point.

How do you organize stuff and decide how much space you can have etc? Do you write it on the signposts or what?

thespot84

i'm hosting gafland but no one is ever one. I'd be happy to host touch's server map for a bit if that helps with the lag, until we find an outsourced solution (~$10/month, we could make a paypal account and have a bunch of people prepay for a year or something...)

Twig

Banned
the idea of donations to keep a server running is all fine and dandy but

it causes all sorts of troubles

thespot84

well servers inevitably cost money. You can see with touch's server what happens with it's done ad hoc. While hosting from my place might alleviate the issue temporarily, it's just a stopgap. If gaf wants a server, we're going to have to pay for it, so troubles be damned. Or do you have something else in mind?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Couldn't you rig it so that the server would auto withdraw from a Paypal account that we can just put money into? We can even have one of the mod just open the account and help set it up so we don't have to worry about us thinking someone is stealing the cash. Rig it up to one of those little images that shows how much money is in there, how much it is a month, ect, and we are good to go.

Twig

Banned
thespot84 said:
well servers inevitably cost money. You can see with touch's server what happens with it's done ad hoc. While hosting from my place might alleviate the issue temporarily, it's just a stopgap. If gaf wants a server, we're going to have to pay for it, so troubles be damned. Or do you have something else in mind?
You say this as if I am some ignorant monkey. I've experienced donating to keep a server running for GAF in the past, and

it didn't end well.

You've been warned.

Top Bottom