• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep

Thanks, Ark.

Reposting method from elsewhere due to usefulness.
You can auto-resize massive imgur pictures by adding a 'l', 'm', or 's' to the URL before the '.jpg'.
4TsGQl.jpg
4TsGQm.jpg
4TsGQs.jpg

kyubajin

Lttp here, just bought Minecraft and I've played a couple of worlds while familiarising myself with it. I've followed a couple of tutorials and so far I'm loving the game. Unfortunately my iMac is being repaired and I can only play on my gf's white MacBook which runs it like shit... still having a blast!

I haven't even touched the Multiplayer yet, is there any particual gain to do an MP world?

Ranger X

Lttp here, just bought Minecraft and I've played a couple of worlds while familiarising myself with it. I've followed a couple of tutorials and so far I'm loving the game. Unfortunately my iMac is being repaired and I can only play on my gf's white MacBook which runs it like shit... still having a blast!

I haven't even touched the Multiplayer yet, is there any particual gain to do an MP world?

No but it's always fun to mess around and build things with other people. Even just playing like in single player but with some actual people visiting from time to time is a unique feeling.

kyubajin

No but it's always fun to mess around and build things with other people. Even just playing like in single player but with some actual people visiting from time to time is a unique feeling.

Sounds like fun, to actually see what other people are building and how they're building it.

I clicked the Multiplayer tab and the Join Server button was grayed out, anything I should know or do to get into MP? I've read about private servers and whatnot but dunno what I should do. Is there a GAF server so I can play with you guys?

defel

Sounds like fun, to actually see what other people are building and how they're building it.

I clicked the Multiplayer tab and the Join Server button was grayed out, anything I should know or do to get into MP? I've read about private servers and whatnot but dunno what I should do. Is there a GAF server so I can play with you guys?

The GAF server is in the OP in the 3rd post down. Quote the post and you will be able to access the IP address. You will also need to PM Ark with your minecraft username in order to get put on the Whitelist. Otherwise, see you there :)

Forkball

Oh lord I'm thinking about getting into this game again. I haven't played since they added wolves though so I'm feeling I'm going to be totally lost.

Im kind of getting my groove back.

Started building this awesome mansion atop a mountain to the east of Skycity.

Great view and its turning out great so far.

Im excited. :)

PS - Wanna thanks Artist again. Without his Harvester it would be tough to get all the wool I needed (still need a lot) lol.

Awesome work, man! :)

Rokam

So I was dicking around in single player building a roller coaster. Sent a couple minecarts down the track to see if it was working. Well one came back with an extra passenger... a pig! I couldn't stop laughing, and he kept going around the track till eventually it knocked him out.

Ranger X

:D Thanks! No prob!

It pleases me greatly logging in and seeing my harvester being used or was recently used.

Yup, it's indeed a great useful place. I use it to gather food because I can't be bothered to make a farm for myself on Neocraft. I however was wondering why the mob grinder is lava based? It takes forever to collect the loot because most of it dies on the lava. I would have done a drowning tube. Takes 1 or 2 mins more to start getting loot (because of waiting for the first mob to drown) but after that you get a truckload more. I would even be up for helping modifying the thing with you if ever you'd want that.

Yup, it's indeed a great useful place. I use it to gather food because I can't be bothered to make a farm for myself on Neocraft. I however was wondering why the mob grinder is lava based? It takes forever to collect the loot because most of it dies on the lava. I would have done a drowning tube. Takes 1 or 2 mins more to start getting loot (because of waiting for the first mob to drown) but after that you get a truckload more. I would even be up for helping modifying the thing with you if ever you'd want that.

Yeah, it wasn't until after I built it that I read that there's some sort of direction you need to make it or the lava eats a lot of the loot, or something along those lines. A drowner would be cool, but I believe it would involve a considerable overhaul of the whole thing... /lazy

Ranger X

Yeah, it wasn't until after I built it that I read that there's some sort of direction you need to make it or the lava eats a lot of the loot, or something along those lines. A drowner would be cool, but I believe it would involve a considerable overhaul of the whole thing... /lazy

Well, isn't the thing already water currents based? This would mean we only need to make the drowning tube and collecting room. (wich is not a lot of work really -- besides, I could do it anyways)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Allright Neocraft users, I finally have a new updated map of the server uploaded. Took me longer than I thought it would, had some issues with Dropbox but it's sorted out now.

However, my map is going to be a different link than Toki's map is. He used his own personal Dropbox to host it, and I don't have access to his Dropbox account (nor will I ask for it). I'm using the settings and the texture pack he gave me so the maps do look mostly identical. Figured we were all used to the look of the normal map so I'd keep it consistent. The map has both day and caves on it, I had night on it originally but the file size went above the Dropbox limit of 2GB so I had to turn the night map off. Neocraft is getting big! I'm going to try to update my map weekly, maybe even twice a week if I can.

Here is the link to my map:

Mengy's Updated Neocraft Server Map

For reference, and just so everyone has this link too, here is Toki's usual map:

Toki's Neocraft Server Map

077wF.jpg

Ranger X

How come there is a far away place with a mushroom biome that isn't linked to the rest of the map?

Also, we have some random explorers making the map big for no good reason I suppose.

Grinchy

Banned
Wow that map....

I can't believe how much good stuff there is in there. Just judging from the map, it looks a lot cooler than the last neocraft map (which had some awesome stuff).

Thanks for the updated map Mengy. I love the look of the new echo dome. Unfortunately it may be sometime before I can do work on it, my PC is playing up (it is 6 years old). At the moment I am posting this from my smart phone ... Which is a hell of a lot smarter than windows 7 right now.

black-box you have to pm Ark to get building rights.

legacyzero

Banned
How come there is a far away place with a mushroom biome that isn't linked to the rest of the map?

Also, we have some random explorers making the map big for no good reason I suppose.
That was Bluebren. I believe he said he was looking for a mushroom biome. Sometimes a man has to travel off the beaten path, ya know?

Oh and thanks Mengy for the Map update!

Ranger X

That was Bluebren. I believe he said he was looking for a mushroom biome. Sometimes a man has to travel off the beaten path, ya know?

Oh and thanks Mengy for the Map update!

I was mostly wondering how he could teleport to random coordinate (he's a mod?) and then what is this incredible luck to fall on a Mushroom Biome just like that? How do you know it's there?

legacyzero

Banned
I was mostly wondering how he could teleport to random coordinate (he's a mod?) and then what is this incredible luck to fall on a Mushroom Biome just like that? How do you know it's there?
I think somebody was doing some random exploring in the nether and setup a nether portal, which made them appear at that one little lonely spot on the map. There's a nether portal in a mineshaft there.

limlark

That was me also. I have a single player world with Neocraft's seed, and I try to do my location scouting there instead now, after the horror I wrought upon the map. :) When I found that spot, I made a portal and checked its coordinates on the Nether side. Then I got on the real Neocraft, went through the Nether to those coordinates, and portaled out to my new home.

EDIT: I should also confess that when Toki's map finally updated showing all my trails, I inspected them more closely and found I had passed three of the mushroom islands I was looking for, but they loaded too slowly for me to see as I passed. Oh, and that one straight path leading west on Mengy's map is not me!

EDIIT: I DO NOT WANT NEIGHBORS THERE, please do not go there and build!

Jasoco

Banned
It's easy actually. First find the Seed of the server. Then create a Creative single player map with that seed. Explore until you find a Mushroom biome and then warp to those exact coordinates on the server.

Childs play.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I found out that the massive stash of clay I got from dredging my giant hole is gone. I will once again lay blame on the guy who built on top of my mountain and buried my base.

So I would like to get a admin/mods permission to demolish their tower, and then have an event maybe tonight where anyone can come join in.

So how bout it Ark, and whoever else could give me the go ahead. Can I bulldoze a tower built by a guy who stole my mountain and buried my base?

Ranger X

It's easy actually. First find the Seed of the server. Then create a Creative single player map with that seed. Explore until you find a Mushroom biome and then warp to those exact coordinates on the server.

Childs play.

Well, I knew there was warp locations but I was not aware we can teleport to a certain coordinate. Childs play only when you know how. ;)

Jasoco

Banned
Well, I knew there was warp locations but I was not aware we can teleport to a certain coordinate. Childs play only when you know how. ;)

I don't know how to either. But I guess if he knew exactly where the biome was on the surface and the exact location to portal from in the Nether to end up in that exact location, it could be pretty easy. Isn't it like 8 or 16 times the distance on the surface as it is in the Nether?

Ranger X

I don't know how to either. But I guess if he knew exactly where the biome was on the surface and the exact location to portal from in the Nether to end up in that exact location, it could be pretty easy. Isn't it like 8 or 16 times the distance on the surface as it is in the Nether?

Yup, that's what he said he does. I don't know the distances differences when you compare both worlds myself. :p

Toki1776

Yep, it's 8 times. You basically take the coordinates of the spot in the real world, divide by 8, then go to that spot in the nether to build the portal. Works remarkably well, actually.

Black-Box

in the Nether, has anyone built a base? kinda like a fortress attacking the things in the nether? because that would be something I would wanna build when I can start.

I should also ask, has MLP invaded the server?

dont worry I plan on keeping Minecraft clean of it

Forkball

Any texture packs similar to Frenden's? I really liked the bright, cartoony, simplistic look. I tried the recent one but it's not updated for 1.1 so there's a lot of invisible blocks.

p002.jpg

8082B60719E6D7741A45E2EAB8937C385C870C6B

03BC1F6839E5F26A6AB10717DF1F92CC2771011E

Any texture packs similar to Frenden's? I really liked the bright, cartoony, simplistic look. I tried the recent one but it's not updated for 1.1 so there's a lot of invisible blocks.

I have the Misa404 texture pack.

It has a version for 1.1.

Its not bright like Frenden's but I love it.

Check it out.

I don't know why, but I decided that my farm needed a hamburger hill.

hahaha. Very random, but funny. Be careful and don't let creepers "take a bite". :)

I know you all have been just dying for this, and now the wait is over! The Harvester's nether portal now leads to a small nether wart farm! OH BOY!

Fully enclosed in nether brick to protect from Ghasts, and is probably the most snazzy place in all of the Nether (for now).

-Minsc-

I know you all have been just dying for this, and now the wait is over! The Harvester's nether portal now leads to a small nether wart farm! OH BOY!

Fully enclosed in nether brick to protect from Ghasts, and is probably the most snazzy place in all of the Nether (for now).

Sounds much better than the makeshift cobblestone shield I constructed.

Top Bottom