• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Minecraft 2.0. It's an April Fool's Day update. I posted the link a few posts up.

Yeah I just watched the video. They actually have stained glass in game, and working. So why don't we have it in the real game again? If they can do it for a goof update, why the purple hell can't we get it for the actual game?

To be honest, they did a lot of crazy changes for that April Fools update, I'm kind of impressed. Exploding pigs and angry chickens are awesome, LOL.

But seriously, give me stained glass NOW. Please. :(

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Yeah I just watched the video. They actually have stained glass in game, and working. So why don't we have it in the real game again? If they can do it for a goof update, why the purple hell can't we get it for the actual game?

To be honest, they did a lot of crazy changes for that April Fools update, I'm kind of impressed. Exploding pigs and angry chickens are awesome, LOL.

But seriously, give me stained glass NOW. Please. :(

I'm guessing they'll implement it int he next version. Hopefully they will. I want to make some purdy buildings with them. :p

Sarcasm

OK, so there's a few options, Sarcasm.

Easiest one, that doesn't require swapping .jars, is to use MultiMC (http://forkk.net/MultiMC4/) and create an instance that is loaded with version 1.4.7 as the version you'll use.

(BTW, they just issued an "update" for April Fools that replaces the text with Comic Sans. So don't worry, it's a one-day deal, I'm pretty sure.)

To create an instance, you want the button in the top left corner. Click on it, name your instance and then click "Change Version" and select 1.4.7 from the scroll menu. Save it, load it, enter your log in info, and you should be good to go!

I use MultiMC for snapshot testing and more. Super useful program. :)

If that doesn't work, then we can move to .jar swapping, but that's a little more complicated. MultiMC essentially does the same thing without the extra steps.

Even with new instance bottom left says 1.5.1....

Munin

Can somebody explain how to use powered rails in the most cost-saving and efficient way? The wiki has an article that's quite confusing. For example it states that placing a powered rail every 37 blocks or so should be enough to propel the cart at a constant speed, but at the same time, using redstone torches only provides power up to a distance of 8 blocks. I also don't quite understand the role of detector rails in all of this.

I'm pretty new to the game anyway and haven't really dealt with redstone stuff before so I would appreciate if someone could explain in a simple way.

defel

Can somebody explain how to use powered rails in the most cost-saving and efficient way? The wiki has an article that's quite confusing. For example it states that placing a powered rail every 37 blocks or so should be enough to propel the cart at a constant speed, but at the same time, using redstone torches only provides power up to a distance of 8 blocks. I also don't quite understand the role of detector rails in all of this.

I'm pretty new to the game anyway and haven't really dealt with redstone stuff before so I would appreciate if someone could explain in a simple way.

Do a bit of experimentation to find the optimum distance. I know its around 30 blocks or so. Also to save on resources dont use redstone torches, use levers instead

Munin

Do a bit of experimentation to find the optimum distance. I know its around 30 blocks or so. Also to save on resources dont use redstone torches, use levers instead

If I put a powered rail every ~30 blocks the cart stops after 8-9 blocks (after using 3 powered rails as starter), so I don't understand where people are getting that 30 blocks number from?

defel

If I put a powered rail every ~30 blocks the cart stops after 8-9 blocks (after using 3 powered rails as starter), so I don't understand where people are getting that 30 blocks number from?

Strange. Things might have changed after the update. Ill do a bit of digging

I just tried it. (1.4)

If you're in the cart you'll make it to the 30 mark.
If you're not in the cart it doesn't even make it halfway.

Grinchy

Banned
I don't claim that this is the most efficient method, but what I do for my rail systems is just have 3 powered rails start my motion. Then, I put 40 regular rails inbetween each single powered rail (with each powered rail having its own redstone torch). So it would be 3 powered, 40 regular, one powered, 40 regular, one powered, ect.

Having one powered rail then maintains the speed you get from the first 3 powered rails (which I think is the max speed). Of course, this is no longer true if your track isn't completely level. I dunno...it works for me.

Mengy

I don't claim that this is the most efficient method, but what I do for my rail systems is just have 3 powered rails start my motion. Then, I put 40 regular rails inbetween each single powered rail (with each powered rail having its own redstone torch). So it would be 3 powered, 40 regular, one powered, 40 regular, one powered, ect.

Having one powered rail then maintains the speed you get from the first 3 powered rails (which I think is the max speed). Of course, this is no longer true if your track isn't completely level. I dunno...it works for me.

That's how I do it, but instead of one gold rail every 40 I place them every 30. If 40 spacing works I may have to "adjust' all of my rail lines, lol. Saving gold rails is a good thing.

Sarcasm

did you change the version when you went to create the instance? that should have worked.

I just tried putting MCloader thing in new folder works! How do I get mods? I am specifically looking for:

optifine (I don't see an 1.4.7 on that site)
forge
bspkrscore
ArmourStatus
DirectionHUD
Rei's Minimap
StatusEffect
CJB API
CJB Quickcraft

Seanspeed

Banned
Shouldn't be the case unless they changed things. I remember seeing a chart that something like 36 regular rails in between powered rails was the most efficient in terms of speed and powered rail usage and its what I go on(I'm on 360 version but it should be the same).

Here it is:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Powered_Rail

Basically, anything less than 36 rails in between your powered ones and you're hardly getting any benefit, if at all.

I kinda hope some of those 2.0 blocks make their way into 1.6.

Also horses might actually be kinda useful for traversing large spans of land quickly without having to lay down rails everywhere or run around wasting muttons from your hunger bar...

Grinchy

Banned
Shouldn't be the case unless they changed things. I remember seeing a chart that something like 36 regular rails in between powered rails was the most efficient in terms of speed and powered rail usage and its what I go on(I'm on 360 version but it should be the same).

Here it is:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Powered_Rail

Basically, anything less than 36 rails in between your powered ones and you're hardly getting any benefit, if at all.

Yep, that's definitely the chart I followed. I just used 40 b/c I didn't care about the slight slowdown and it was an easier number to keep track of. I have one stretch that goes over 1500 blocks, so I wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

And I didn't notice any changes to it in 1.5.1 the last time I played.

Aleph

Still hoping for an underwater update.

Yep, underwater content hasn't really changed since the game was created (the only "recent" addition were the squids, I think).

I am personally hoping for a "atmosphere" update, with better weather: storms, wind, fog, hail, etc.

Woorloog

Banned
Stained glass is a mod you can get with FTB. I really wish they'd make it part if the game already.

I don't give a shit about different light colors, all i want is colored glass blocks and panes.
Quick googling showed that someone had made a good proposition for stained glass, though it as the sort that had colored light as well.

IIRC, someone intended to make Normandy from Mass Effect to Neocraft, orange glass panes would provide excellent holo displays...

That's an interesting premise. I hope there's still plenty of people fucking with people.

There will be. I'm hopeful they'll explore the Mole variant of UHC in the future. It could be super fun.

BTW, speaking of PvP, I tested Moesh's new map Calamity last night (at 2 in the morning). Was pretty darn fun, I'll tell you what. I was on buff duty for most of the match and we won.

Sarcasm

Anybody know how to add recipes? I tried a mod (single player) and I kept getting recipe not found in the CMD window. I know its culprit is AlcheMine..mod that is throwing the error in conjunction is quickcraft.

defel

5000 sales away from 10,000,000. Probably going to hit it during the next 6 hours. The momentum isnt slowing down!

For in-game recipes try the TooManyItems mod

Sarcasm

I mean I get this in my CMD window (and lag due to it)

Code:
Recipes@79172e0c
2013-04-04 18:53:06 [INFO] [STDOUT] QuickCraft: Failed to load recipe: 5270 : §4A§6d§Em§2i§1n §5A§dr§ak : net.minecraft.item.crafting.Shaped

** Just trued TMI yeah didn't fix anything.

Mengy

5000 sales away from 10,000,000. Probably going to hit it during the next 6 hours. The momentum isnt slowing down!

For in-game recipes try the TooManyItems mod

Holy Shit, I hadn't realized it had gotten that high. I remember when the first million was hit, how that was such a big deal, LOL.

What a phenomenon this game has been since the alpha days.

defel

Never seen any - watching now. How do they get the sound so clear - are they all sitting with each other?

any previous series highlights I can look up?

Go and find season 1 of UHC with Guude, Vintagebeef, Pauseunpause and Baj (just search these names in youtube, they are all playlisted on each of their channels) and watch from there to get the idea. Then you can move on to season 2,3 etc to get the idea.

I marathoned these when they came out last year. It actually got to the point where given UHC vs Season 2 of GoT I chose UHC lol

and I guess sound is clear because they all use professional microphones (maybe Nihon can enlighten us more on that ;) )

LycanXIII

Horses in 1.6!
0cec7d7ae95f53d971de326318eb4afc.png

Holy Shit, I hadn't realized it had gotten that high. I remember when the first million was hit, how that was such a big deal, LOL.

What a phenomenon this game has been since the alpha days.
Pre-Alpha forever brother! I remember first hearing about MC on the Geekbox of all things, funny to think how big it's got since then.

Top Bottom