• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Morokh

That new version of Pocket edition with infinite worlds and caves runs damn smooth on my Galaxy S3, i'm impressed, it's almost smoother than on my PC xD

They also have all the blocks in it now, even the new type of stone (granite and all)

Only Redstone and Nether to go and it has almost everything.

Fuchsdh

That new version of Pocket edition with infinite worlds and caves runs damn smooth on my Galaxy S3, i'm impressed, it's almost smoother than on my PC xD

They also have all the blocks in it now, even the new type of stone (granite and all)

Only Redstone and Nether to go and it has almost everything.

I would assume the Pocket edition is like the console versions in that it's not Java, correct? Not too surprising it would be smoother.

Finally found my first Nether Fortress!!

I climbed to the top of the tallest peak I've found in the game (got vertigo doing so, yeeeesh) and set up a Nether Portal. I warped into an area where there was this large square hole in the ground a few blocks from my portal. I went down to check it out (this was around 2-3am mind) and heard the most unsettling breathing sound. Bailed the flip out, looked up what that could be, and saw a video with a Blaze in it. Sure enough that was the same sound. I build a huge cobblestone roof over the hole and very carefully dug out the whole thing into a large open chamber, which happened to be directly on top of a Blaze Spawner!

I accidentally released a single Blaze into the wild, but I took him down and covered the hole. Now I've build a very poorly constructed Blaze trap, where I have 4 sticky pistons set up over a 2x2 hole over the spawner, and a cobblestone building surrounding it with a couple small windows. I open the gate, the Blaze floats up, close the gate and I kill the sucker with snowballs and arrows!

I'm slowly and carefully digging my way around and under the Blaze room, because I've read that Nether Fortresses are pretty large and spawn other baddies and treasures as well (Nether Wart and Wither Skeletons I believe?)

Wheeee!

Do we have a map of gafland or neocraft, (survival)? It would be cool to have a map of it. Even if it's only a screenshot of the dynamic map.

It would help to get a better feel of the world.

Fuchsdh

Do we have a map of gafland or neocraft, (survival)? It would be cool to have a map of it. Even if it's only a screenshot of the dynamic map.

I've got a really scaled out version I use for my GAFland metro map. I can stick it on Dropbox this weekend.

Here's the last one I have of Neocraft:
a4o73VS.gif

This is one of Fuchsdh's maps, he may have a more updated one.

Crispy75

Just posting here as well as those who see my wailings in-game, but if you've got gunpowder you aren't using I'll be happy to trade for it. You can dump it in the donation chest at the spawn library along with a list of terms. My underground is not built with picks alone :)

I have left several stacks in the chest above and to the left of the enderchest, in the donation house

Xun

Just a heads up, but if anyone wants to claim and finish off my castle on GAFland feel free to do so.

7hxBCrc.png

I would finish it off myself, but I really don't have the patience to play Survival anymore.

Fuchsdh

Just a heads up, but if anyone wants to claim and finish off my castle on GAFland feel free to do so.

7hxBCrc.png

I would finish it off myself, but I really don't have the patience to play Survival anymore.

Oh, I've thought that was Mengy's all this time. Very cool style--I ended up copying it a bit for my own place.

-Minsc-

Ha ha, I could say similar about my desert build. In my case it has nothing to do with patience. I just don't have the time.

Ranger X

Dry, I saw your Mario Kart circuits when Neocraft was survival... I never go creative mode so its rare I go back there. I guess I should go have a look sometimes but at the same time, jeez, where to start ...

Fuchsdh

Dry, I saw your Mario Kart circuits when Neocraft was survival... I never go creative mode so its rare I go back there. I guess I should go have a look sometimes but at the same time, jeez, where to start ...

I just /warp ashgadia. I still haven't explored any of NeoCraft outside of there :)

Ark

That god damn house on top of the hill at spawn.. It has haunted me since the first week of NeoCraft 2.0.

I've been itching to play some Minecraft for a while now but I've just got so much other stuff to play right now. Almost finished everything I bought in the Steam sale, just TWD S1 left to go, and I started playing FFXIV last night, and the Destiny beta this week ;__;

I've been itching to play some Minecraft for a while now but I've just got so much other stuff to play right now. Almost finished everything I bought in the Steam sale, just TWD S1 left to go, and I started playing FFXIV last night, and the Destiny beta this week ;__;

Yeah sure, and when you're done with those Xillia 2 will be out so you'll have to spend a good 3-4 months jerking off to Milla. It's really sad when Ashgadia only has one memorial to Lightning and you're not even the person who made it.

Vyktal

Hey all, long time no see!

Been having a massive break due to exams, work, holidays etc. Kien, Fran and I are gonna be a bit more active now. In particular I have a grand tower design which will take ages and I want it done before the end of July!

Also, we're thinking we might try get more people we know into this server to help breathe more activity and encourage us to stay on too, hope that's alright! Please let me know if I should limit how many people I invite to the server.

One friend of Kien who'd like to join is: Kwesh. If you could whitelist him please then that'd be grand.

Thanks!

Ark

I don't have any problems with that, I can't whitelist anyone right now because my break is almost over and my phone only has 5% battery left (please send help).

I've had this idea for a while and was wondering if y'all would like it.

Colonies!

Nothing is more enjoyable in this game than a fresh start. SO! Set up a warp gate way, way, out in nowheresville on GAFland and pretty much start over from scratch. No items or blocks from previous builds allowed!

Then when we get tired/bored of that town we can make a Colony 02 (or some other better name), and so on.

I don't know if it's possible if Minsc can work his magic to make a warp or warp gate on the same world file that makes you dump your items, but that'd be perfect for this.

Fuchsdh

I've had this idea for a while and was wondering if y'all would like it.

Colonies!

Nothing is more enjoyable in this game than a fresh start. SO! Set up a warp gate way, way, out in nowheresville on GAFland and pretty much start over from scratch. No items or blocks from previous builds allowed!

Then when we get tired/bored of that town we can make a Colony 02 (or some other better name), and so on.

I don't know if it's possible if Minsc can work his magic to make a warp or warp gate on the same world file that makes you dump your items, but that'd be perfect for this.

Well you can always do that yourself no warp gates needed :) There's plenty of virgin territory to the north and west especially.

Fuchsdh

Yeah, but it's no fun by oneself. This would be more a community thing.

But I've still got desert to remove at spawn... :)

In a little bit though I'd have no problem starting a new town somewhere if you wanted to though. Just have one project I need to finish up remotely from my home. And there's always more rails but that's more a miscellaneous boredom thing :)

Have any ideas where you want to break ground?

-Minsc-

One friend of Kien who'd like to join is: Kwesh. If you could whitelist him please then that'd be grand.

Thanks!

Kwesh should be good to go. :)

That god damn house on top of the hill at spawn.. It has haunted me since the first week of NeoCraft 2.0.

What house?

Yeah sure, and when you're done with those Xillia 2 will be out so you'll have to spend a good 3-4 months jerking off to Milla.

Googles Milla from Xilla 2, loses faith in humanity and decides to give Dryuriev7777 a good talking too later on tonight ..................... goes and gets his happy time tissue supplies.

So NeoCraft was SMP and then it converted to creative, correct? How long has the map been around?

Well the foundations for the great and glorious Dome City were laid on the 17th October 2011. I would say the Neocraft map that is currently being used for creative started in about September 2011. So over 3 years of existence which isn't too shabby.

Ark

The one on top of the mountain overlooking Pioneer Town. It's where the big arrow used to be that pointed to where Pioneer Town was from spawn.

That's the one! It's been there since as early as I can remember for the NeoCraft 2.0 map.

Googles Milla from Xilla 2, loses faith in humanity and decides to give Dryuriev7777 a good talking too later on tonight ..................... goes and gets his happy time tissue supplies.

;D

Yeah sure, and when you're done with those Xillia 2 will be out so you'll have to spend a good 3-4 months jerking off to Milla. It's really sad when Ashgadia only has one memorial to Lightning and you're not even the person who made it.

One day, my friend. One day.

Fuchsdh

NihonTiger on NeoCraft - 104 - Racecar Bed is now live, in which I talk about E3, Steam sales, and build the titular bed.

Yeah, it's pretty damn awesome. :) But why can't you place snow on upside down stair blocks? :(

Thanks for showing the skittles box trick--might have to do similar with my sheep pen.

Just experimented with shader mods and came across: Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders v10.1

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...80299-sonic-ethers-unbelievable-shaders-v10-1

Ultra DoF version:

Also made a short video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei96ElXNdQ4&feature=youtu.be

Very cool. Was trying to get those shaders to work so I could do a GAFland tour in all its prettiness. Sadly it's unsupported on Mac and Sildur's Shaders are really buggy for me.

Bentles

I made a little bit of a parkour map if anyone would like to try it. It's behind Dry's mario kart track at ashgadia.

I gave it a checkpoint system so you don't have to redo the whole thing whenever you fail. that was something I really liked in VVVVVV so I copied it. It also means I could potentially make stupidly hard jumps and you can never get thaaat mad since you can just try again instantly.

I don't really know how tough this is as parkour goes lol.

Also pictured is Art's impenetrable room of locked chests. Bonus points if you figure out how to get inside it. No TNT allowed :p

Top Bottom