• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

celebi23

So, been messing around with the banners & gradients and such. Been trying to replicate the Minecon 2011 Cape
Creepercloak.png

Here are the pictures of my messing around:
GKidIOK.png
J1sFwpY.png

VrBnWhN.png
5xN8YHw.png

NQ5Fuci.png
JOjQwQb.png

Z8D5812.png
3LSEZaG.png

You can either go with the traditional black creeper
TCAElyb.png
W0nZp2S.png

gw3V8fE.png

Or the red creeper
1pVRroX.png
cGvQuAe.png

zS419ZN.png

The gradients still need tweaking/some more experimentation but, the results are pretty decent so far.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Can anyone recommend good Feed The Beast servers? My son and his friends just started playing with it, but are having trouble finding servers that support all the mods.

sweet, thanks guys, everything even looks just like I left
is puppet still around?....
I've been working through my Steam backlog. Good to see you're coming back Duke! Feel free to do anything with the area between our places. I'll probably jump back on after the next update.

So is there a way to donate that isn't through Paypal? Because if not then I don't think I'll ever be able to do it.
Same. I'd like to donate, but won't touch Paypal.

woolley

What's so wrong with paypal that you can't give a dime to that game you really love?

Paypal won't connect to my account unless I send them scans of all of my information. While I love playing on the server and want to donate I'm not going through all of that crap.

Ark

You can just donate without an account using a credit/debit card. No one's ever had a problem with it in the last 3 years so I've never set up an alternative, I wouldn't even know what to use o_o

What's so wrong with paypal that you can't give a dime to that game you really love?
My account was hacked. It was only for $8, and it was caught by my bank, not Paypal. Simply put, they lost my trust.

Ark, now that you have a real computer, next time ya need a game on Steam hit me up and I'll get it for you, then put the money you would have spent towards the server.

Ark

My account was hacked. It was only for $8, and it was caught by my bank, not Paypal. Simply put, they lost my trust.

Ark, now that you have a real computer, next time ya need a game on Steam hit me up and I'll get it for you, then put the money you would have spent towards the server.

I've been itching to get my hands on that Train Simulator DLC for years now.

I'm only joking, you can buy me everything in my wishlist instead.

Okay okay okay, maybe just The Witcher 3.

I have no idea what you wanted to donate so I'm just shooting for the stars

I've been itching to get my hands on that Train Simulator DLC for years now.

I'm only joking, you can buy me everything in my wishlist instead.

Okay okay okay, maybe just The Witcher 3.

I have no idea what you wanted to donate so I'm just shooting for the stars
My bank called again, confirming I wanted to remortgage my house to cover the DLC...

Add me on Steam (PuppetShadow). There's 5.659 members named 'Ark'.

Mirk

So after playing with this pack a bit I am not really liking it. I think I am going to build a pack. So if you guys have any mods you would like to have let me know.

belushy

Banned
You could try a pack using the 1.7 mods that are out now. The unstable modpack in the FTB launcher for example. I might be able to run it a bit better than the 1.6 stuff haha

Mirk

Ya if I remember right the mod creator of Thermal Expansion is done.

I am building a 1.6.4 pack atm. If you guys want though I can build it with just 1.7.2 mods.

belushy

Banned
After looking through the 1.7.2 mods I am going to build a pack for that there is enough here to make something fun.

Yeah I was reading up and it seems KingLemming is back on the COFH team, and Thermal Expansion 3 is in closed beta at the moment. So hopefully that is released soon to add to the pack.

Bentles

I have tentative plans to make a jousting arena near spawn. Not gonna use horses cuz horses are broken. It'll be boat jousting (not that boats aren't broken). Should work pretty well.

I've reached the target destination for Colony Alpha in the nether. Just need to make a portal, but I think I'll wait until 1.8 to make it so we can get the new crap.

So!

*Jeopardy music*

I don't know if anyone buys Minecraft merch here, but I'm at SDCC and there's a Mattel booth where they're showing off the first series of this adorable mini Minecraft figures. They look like the giant Steve/Diamond Steve/Creeper figures, but they're super tiny, like maybe could fit inside a quarter? Stand a quarter on its edge and that's how tall they are I guess is what I'm saying.

Anyway, there were four rows of them and I think maybe 5 per row? But I saw Steve, a Creeper, and a red sheep... I don't know why I can't remember more. Let's check Google...

Ah, here we go!

Steve, Gold Steve, Creeper, Horse, Red Sheep, Cow, Zombie Villager, Witch, Snow Gollum, Cat, Dog, and Skeleton. There are more at the show I think but that's what they've got pictured at the link.

Fuchsdh

I've reached the target destination for Colony Alpha in the nether. Just need to make a portal, but I think I'll wait until 1.8 to make it so we can get the new crap.

So!

*Jeopardy music*

Sounds cool. Waiting until 1.8 means I'll definitely be game to ship out and start anew :)

I have tentative plans to make a jousting arena near spawn. Not gonna use horses cuz horses are broken. It'll be boat jousting (not that boats aren't broken). Should work pretty well.

There's a little space east of GAF Central, but you might be best off sticking it just north of the arboretum by the autofarm. Lots of cleared land there. Not sure how much you need, but you could probably stick a whole stadium in there.

Mirk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~OKAY Guys For Real This Time!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2014-07-26_13.26.46.png

So I have put together a 1.7.10 Mod Pack for us! I am using Tekkit Launcher with this so
get that HERE.

Once you have the Launcher Installed. Use the Add Mod Pack Button.

Quote to see the modpack url and server IP.

It took me all day to get this thing up and running! lol So some of you better come check this out! :p

-Minsc-

Cos fuchs asked for it, and others might find it useful, here's the area around spawn, as it was at the last dynmap.

This reminds me, I should come out of hiding and activate Dynmap for a day. Expect to see the epic Dynmap and server crashing tomorrow. ;)

Bentles

...but you might be best off sticking it just north of the arboretum by the autofarm. Lots of cleared land there. Not sure how much you need, but you could probably stick a whole stadium in there.

Yeah I think I'll go with that. I have a rough build in creative and a mechanism I designed a while ago to make it work. Maybe I'll even add a scoring system.

This reminds me, I should come out of hiding and activate Dynmap for a day. Expect to see the epic Dynmap and server crashing tomorrow. ;)

I'd advise against it. I've spent last night and this morning dealing with server resets like crazy and it looks like you haven't even brought up the dynmap yet.

Also, fix it.

Vlad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~OKAY Guys For Real This Time!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2014-07-26_13.26.46.png

So I have put together a 1.7.10 Mod Pack for us! I am using Tekkit Launcher with this so
get that HERE.

Once you have the Launcher Installed. Use the Add Mod Pack Button.

Quote to see the modpack url and server IP.

It took me all day to get this thing up and running! lol So some of you better come check this out! :p

Ah, here we go again. The one thing that always monopolizes my gaming time: a new modded Minecraft GAF server.

Any chance we could get a mod list, for the inevitable constant wiki-referencing?

Mirk

AppliedEnergistics2

biomesoplenty

buildcraft

enderio

forestry

mekanism

opencomputers

BiblioCraft

CarpentersBlocks

chisel

CrystalWing

DamageIndicatorsMod

EnderStorage

ExtraUtilities

HopperDuctMod

IC2

InfernalMobs

InvTweaks

IronChest

JABBA

MapWriter

MFFS

ProjectRed

TinkersConstruct

TMechworks

TwilightForest

UniversalElectricity

and a few other misc. mods

Once thermal expansion, galacticraft, railcraft and anything else people want get updated I will be adding them.

Top Bottom