• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Fuchsdh

Hey Ark&co.:

Whenever is convenient could dynmap get put back up for a day so I can grab some more shots? Redrawing my metro map and need to reorient things.

stoff

Started building my house in the city, today. I had to move a road by 3 blocks, but I hope that's okay.
It's a bit tall, but had I built lower, I would've crashed into MK's.

RdN

Guys, I'm having some troubles with the game, maybe one of you could help me.

I'm trying to play on LAN with my brother.. My machine is hosting the game, and I have Windows Firewall turned off.

When my brother tries to join the game, he does join, but the screen is blank. A few seconds later, the game disconnects with the message: "JAVA.IO.IOEXCEPTION: AN EXISTING CONNECTION WAS FORCIBLY CLOSED BY THE REMOTE HOST".

We do have Java installed on the latest version on both computers.

Anyone knows how to fix this? It was working perfectly just last week. :(

Thanks!

Fuchsdh

Dynmap is a go!

You can prolly take it off now since it's still resulting in a wee bit of instability :) Got what I needed for now.

Reading up on the 1.8 stuff and now I'm really excited for it. All those prismarine and lighting options... going to have to find ourselves a temple when we move to 1.8 (someday...) and just farm drops from the guardians (also, I really like that you can actually get the building materials from renewable mobs...)

Ranger X

It should be a given to never let Dynemap on more than a few hours.

Its really annoying to constantly crash and this prevented me from playing this weekend.

Fuchsdh

I'll admit it, I just like stalking people and seeing what they're saying even if I'm not in the game :)

1.8 resolves the non-despawning entity issue right? Hopefully we can have dynmap back then without it messing things up for everyone...

*come on fast forward X months...*

-SD-

Banned
It finally happened. After almost 4 years of playing, I uninstalled Minecraft. The game just has not developed the way I would have liked. Will get back to fiddling with them blocks when something interesting happens with the game.

So, until then... GLHF, my fellow blockheads.

-Minsc-

Hey -minsc- you want to up the height limit to like 260 for me? xD

500x_reggie_not_my_problem.jpg

Maybe you should direct that to Mojang. ;)

P.S.

The last thing I'd want to do is put even more strain on the server.

It finally happened. After almost 4 years of playing, I uninstalled Minecraft. The game just has not developed the way I would have liked. Will get back to fiddling with them blocks when something interesting happens with the game.

So, until then... GLHF, my fellow blockheads.

Wish I could uninstall this game forever. Or at least until the Mod API is released.

To whomever tore up the puzzle mansion's entrance to figure out the door wiring, don't do it again please :(

If you want/need redstone help, let me know instead!

Grinchy

Banned
Has anyone ever played the console version of this game? I thought I might buy the PS3/Vita version and then do the $5 upgrade to PS4. But wow, I tried the PS3 demo and I can't believe how small the world was.

It ran really well and I really appreciated the way they made it work with the controller, but the world size kills it for me. It only filled up a single map and then there was an invisible boundary. The small world was filled with tons of tiny biomes. I wish the PC version had the same nice controller scheme because I don't think I could ever play the console version.

Ranger X

Has anyone ever played the console version of this game? I thought I might buy the PS3/Vita version and then do the $5 upgrade to PS4. But wow, I tried the PS3 demo and I can't believe how small the world was.

It ran really well and I really appreciated the way they made it work with the controller, but the world size kills it for me. It only filled up a single map and then there was an invisible boundary. The small world was filled with tons of tiny biomes. I wish the PC version had the same nice controller scheme because I don't think I could ever play the console version.

PS4 worlds are 30x larger...

Ranger X

with Pocket edition receiving infinite worlds + new biomes next week, well .... that's immediately less impressive :p

PS4/PS3/Xbox version are still some more complete versions than pocket edition anyways. And I wonder if its really dramatic to be confined into some 30 000 x 30 000 block world.
Am sure nobody in this thread ever actually made huge of such a large chunk of "infinite world" in the PC version.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
PS4/PS3/Xbox version are still some more complete versions than pocket edition anyways. And I wonder if its really dramatic to be confined into some 30 000 x 30 000 block world.
Am sure nobody in this thread ever actually made huge of such a large chunk of "infinite world" in the PC version.

I've had single player worlds where I've traveled farther than that in one direction at least. Possibly more directions even. Really big nether networks will do that to a world, lol.

Ranger X

I've had single player worlds where I've traveled farther than that in one direction at least. Possibly more directions even. Really big nether networks will do that to a world, lol.

Yes but, you agree you can play very well in such non-infinite world still?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Yes but, you agree you can play very well in such non-infinite world still?

Sure, a 30K radius world is very large and probably enough for most people. Personally though the "infinite" world size is a very important feature for me with the PC version. I've gone past 30K distance many times in several different worlds of mine. I love the ability to venture forth into new lands each time the game updates with new stuff. I suppose it's less important with the console games where they update much less frequently. With the PC version though there are new features added all the time, so I always end up exploring far off areas regularly.

woolley

once I don't understand anything about computers does anyone think any of these would be sufficient to play Minecraft? I don't think I've ever played higher than 30 fps so I'm not looking for anything great when it comes to performance, just want something that's playable.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314540&ignorebbr=1

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-15-6...9&st=categoryid$pcmcat247400050000&cp=1&lp=11

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-15-6...59&st=categoryid$pcmcat247400050000&cp=1&lp=1

Fuchsdh

once I don't understand anything about computers does anyone think any of these would be sufficient to play Minecraft? I don't think I've ever played higher than 30 fps so I'm not looking for anything great when it comes to performance, just want something that's playable.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314540&ignorebbr=1

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-15-6...9&st=categoryid$pcmcat247400050000&cp=1&lp=11

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-15-6...59&st=categoryid$pcmcat247400050000&cp=1&lp=1

The Intel i3 will stomp the AMDs in processing power, and probably in integrated graphics too.

Ranger X

hepburn3d

hi, how do I get an invite to the NeoCraft server? Seen that you have a server but don't know how to join.

I'm a veteran player from the beta days, looking to play with the GAF community.

CV: Love spelunking, hate griefers, want to help build, regularly die from heights, now have crouch set to sticky (thank god)

-Minsc-

hi, how do I get an invite to the NeoCraft server? Seen that you have a server but don't know how to join.

I'm a veteran player from the beta days, looking to play with the GAF community.

CV: Love spelunking, hate griefers, want to help build, regularly die from heights, now have crouch set to sticky (thank god)

How do I go about playing with you guys? I haven't touched Minecraft since it was in beta.

To get the server IP simply quote the first post of this thread. Towards the bottom there's an IP and port number embedded in a hidden email link.

To become a Citizen and get build access PM me your MC names or post them here and I'll get on it.

Rizzi

To get the server IP simply quote the first post of this thread. Towards the bottom there's an IP and port number embedded in a hidden email link.

To become a Citizen and get build access PM me your MC names or post them here and I'll get on it.

How do I actually get in? It tells me that I failed to connect to server. Outdated server! I'm still on 1.7.2

My MC name is Multibingles.

hepburn3d

Thank you. I'm hepburn3d online. Got the super secret ip now :D will try to get on later.

THIS IS A THING?!?!

I've used pinnacle profiler to make shift toggle. Unfortunately it's not a game feature yet as far as I'm aware. It makes such a difference. My unintentional suicide rate has massively dropped. I must kill myself at least 75% less often now

Fuchsdh

Just posting here as well as those who see my wailings in-game, but if you've got gunpowder you aren't using I'll be happy to trade for it. You can dump it in the donation chest at the spawn library along with a list of terms. My underground is not built with picks alone :)

Crispy75

Just posting here as well as those who see my wailings in-game, but if you've got gunpowder you aren't using I'll be happy to trade for it. You can dump it in the donation chest at the spawn library along with a list of terms. My underground is not built with picks alone :)

I've been hoarding that stuff since forever. I'll drop some off at the library this evening :)

-Minsc-

I may or may not have a full double chest of gunpowder stashed away somewhere. ;)

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
THIS IS A THING?!?!
I attach crouch to CAPS LOCK. I think you can only do it on OS X though. But it's so useful. Though if you open a menu it gets disabled and you have to turn CAPS off and back on again. It used to be a problem years ago when you would be hanging over a ledge and would fall when crouch was let go, but they fixed that a while ago and you no longer fall when crouching over a ledge and stand up thankfully.

I couldn't live without sticky crouch.

Top Bottom