• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Fuchsdh

I made a little bit of a parkour map if anyone would like to try it. It's behind Dry's mario kart track at ashgadia.

I gave it a checkpoint system so you don't have to redo the whole thing whenever you fail. that was something I really liked in VVVVVV so I copied it. It also means I could potentially make stupidly hard jumps and you can never get thaaat mad since you can just try again instantly.

I don't really know how tough this is as parkour goes lol.

Also pictured is Art's impenetrable room of locked chests. Bonus points if you figure out how to get inside it. No TNT allowed :p

I'll give it a whirl.

gblues

Banned
For realsies this time.

c5M5kq7.jpg

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
guys, it may be a question that was asked multiple times but what are limitations of the mobile version? I want to buy it but I don't have time to play it on my PC. BUT if it's very gimped I may buy it on PC.

masud

Banned
No eating no redstone no nether and the draw distance is pretty bad. But everything else is there I think, plus it has the new stones that aren't the latest official pc version yet.

Been having problems logging in today.

Seems like multiplay might be having some insy winsy problems right now. Just thought I would pop onto minecraft for a bit but couldn't connect to the server. So like a good lil boy that I am I went to clanforge to reset the server and can't even bring up the clanforge website. So obviously something screwy going on that we can't do an awful lot about.

EDIT :- just accessed multiplay and can see this message :-

multiplay dyslexic said:
Server is locked - 16/07/2014 15:28:39
Your server is currently locked while we perform maintainence, such as updating the game

and yes they did spell "maintenance" wrong. I will keep my eye on things and will post when they finish switching it off and on again to get it working. As for me I guess I will sod off and play Planet Explorers.

EDIT of the EDIT

Everything seems to be up and running again now. So feel free to hop on

Bentles

I added a megaman-style jumping puzzle to the parkour.

Pretty satisfying to build.

I like that you have to memorise the pattern and the fact that it feels like playing a platformer in first person.

Sadly the block you're standing on doesn't have any period of delay time after the next block appears. So you have to preemptively jump which is difficult in general and even worse with latency. Not gonna be fun to add that delay.

Fuchsdh

I added a megaman-style jumping puzzle to the parkour.

Pretty satisfying to build.

I like that you have to memorise the pattern and the fact that it feels like playing a platformer in first person.

Sadly the block you're standing on doesn't have any period of delay time after the next block appears. So you have to preemptively jump which is difficult in general and even worse with latency. Not gonna be fun to add that delay.

Where's this located exactly? Wanna' try it tonight or tomorrow.

Bentles

Where's this located exactly? Wanna' try it tonight or tomorrow.

It's behind the stands of the mario kart track if you know where that is. If not here's how I usually get there:

- warp to ashgadia
- fly in the opposite direction of the building with random redstone crap on it. there's a building with the face of a pig on it in that direction
- keep flying until you see the mario kart track

I'm not sure the jumping puzzle is doable as it is now but you can give it a try.

belushy

Banned
Anyone wanna hop on PlayMindcrack later today? Been wanting to get into Dwarves V. Zombies but want some people to talk to over a mumble or something while doing it.

DukeSucks

I'm back after a several month hiatus, and I need to update MC to 1.7.5 to get back on GAFland. Is that correct, and if so can someone point me in the right way to do this? Hopefully I still have my old permissions to play, if not I was _LOLduke_

(or the server has changed, I'm not good with PC mc)

edit, idk, the quote in the first post still shows the same server address that I have saved.
this is the image I get when I boot it up, any settings I should adjust?

OBXdhbz.jpg

then when I try to connect it says outdated server and I am still on 1.7.2
thanks guys

Bentles

I'm back after a several month hiatus, and I need to update MC to 1.7.5 to get back on GAFland. Is that correct, and if so can someone point me in the right way to do this? Hopefully I still have my old permissions to play, if not I was _LOLduke_

(or the server has changed, I'm not good with PC mc)

edit, idk, the quote in the first post still shows the same server address that I have saved.
this is the image I get when I boot it up, any settings I should adjust?

OBXdhbz.jpg

then when I try to connect it says outdated server and I am still on 1.7.2
thanks guys

Looks like you have 1.7.10 and need to downgrade to 1.7.5

In the launcher I suggest you hit New Profile in the bottom left and set the version to 1.7.5. you can then select that profile from the dropdown whenever you wanna play on bukkit servers like gafland.

I know that if you buy the PS3 or Vita version of Minecraft you get the other version free from Cross Buy. But if you buy the game from the Vita store will you still get the $5 upgrade to the PS4 version?

Crispy75

32 chunk view distance is pointless in multiplayer without some sort of client-side caching of distant chunks. That much terrain being streamed all the time would choke the server.

Fuchsdh

I can't ever seem to get Minecraft to use up all my gobs of RAM anyhow so I don't think more distance is going to help me :p

Grr, just release 1.8 already. Feature creep indeed...

Morokh

Wow just looking at what pops up on the Reddit since the snapshot came out Banners are actually way cooler than I thought they would be, and the dying system is very clever and allows for quite a bit of creativity.

Nicely done on this one Mojang !

SigSig

Whoa. After changing the ressource pack, my Minecraft just bugged the heck out. I took a lot of screenshots, but somehow only the first and second one saved correctly (all the others were just more copies of the second one).
Then the Framebuffer died.

Morokh

Okay if I remember well the enchantment 'tent' at spawn can be upgraded if someone has an idea about it right ?

Cause I may have something that could fit, but It's a tad unorthodox, you're warned :D

Thing is it will require cutting down the trees right next to NihonTiger spawn house (i'll add green back around it when it's built) but I wanted to check about that first.

belushy

Banned
Definitely excited for the banners. Hoping they add more emblems (Skele, Flower, etc.) at a later time. Dragon, lion, mushroom, and stuff like that.

Ranger X

This render distance is what excites me the most! To hell multiplayer, this is enough for me to confine myself in a nice new single player world.

masud

Banned
Okay if I remember well the enchantment 'tent' at spawn can be upgraded if someone has an idea about it right ?

Cause I may have something that could fit, but It's a tad unorthodox, you're warned :D

Thing is it will require cutting down the trees right next to NihonTiger spawn house (i'll add green back around it when it's built) but I wanted to check about that first.

Yeah I built it. Go for it .

kennah

Figured I'd share a sweet story.

My four year old has started playing the iPad version of Minecraft. He jumps between his creative and survival worlds, puttering around on his imagined projects. Like the below.

Eventually he started building houses. Here is a photo of the interior of one of his early ones.

But then he started finding and watching building videos on YouTube and adapting some of the things he saw there to his creations.

One of the great things of the iPad version is very easy local multiplayer. He can be playing on the iPad and I can jump in with my phone and play with him. This is one of his favourite things ever. So wandering around his world, I found this in one of his houses.

He had put a room, with a bed, just for me. Such a sweet little guy!

So we built this together today. (The house on the left is his that was there before). The only thing I did myself was the accent blocks on the corners and the vines. The rest of it was made following his lead.

After we were done, he'd put these on the outside, to show that the house was ours.

And I came downstairs from carpeting the second level to find that he had rearranged the main floor to make room for this.

Little guy. Minecraft is such an amazing treat. (He also makes me sing him a mine craft song each night about what he did in the game that day).

One day I'll start a thread with pics of how he plays pretend games of XCOM

Top Bottom