• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

With regards to the Neocraft server it is well and truly screwed. Has anyone built any weird exotic machines on the server since last night ? It is the only reason I can think why the server keeps running out of RAM (and resetting) every 20 or so minutes.

belushy

Banned
It just closes without any warning. It seems to work perfectly fine right up to the point where I should be placed into the world, but then the game just disappears.

I'm not sure where they are because I don't have any experience with the Technic pack, but if you could find the crash report somewhere I'll see if I can help trouble shoot. It should be in a file somewhere, even if it didn't display on screen after Minecraft crashed.

Bentles

With regards to the Neocraft server it is well and truly screwed. Has anyone built any weird exotic machines on the server since last night ? It is the only reason I can think why the server keeps running out of RAM (and resetting) every 20 or so minutes.

I had some redstone clocks running but turned them all off several hours ago in case I was causing issues. I had started up my ice farm again recently since I finally harvested it but I turned that off too. If it's been resetting within the past 3-4 hours then I can't think of anything that might be my doing.

Ark

I cut the server RAM from 2gb to 1.5 last night since the renewal is up in a week. Minsc told me a while ago that it was probably a sound bet to do so...so I did! I'll increase it again I guess.

I noticed someone sent in a ticket to Multiplay (because I got the confirmation response lol) about moving the server :p sounds like a sound plan.

sounds

Ark

In case it's lack of funds, but also cos I haven't in a while: donation sent :)

Thank you!

I only did it because the server hasn't been busy lately (though to be fair it never is over summer) and figured it didn't make sense paying for something that wouldn't even get used.

I'm not sure where they are because I don't have any experience with the Technic pack, but if you could find the crash report somewhere I'll see if I can help trouble shoot. It should be in a file somewhere, even if it didn't display on screen after Minecraft crashed.

I dunno where I would even find a crash report. It doesn't really do anything beyond crashing, the program simply disappears. No report, no slowdown, no freezing, nothing. Just gone every time I try to get on the server.

Mirk

I dunno where I would even find a crash report. It doesn't really do anything beyond crashing, the program simply disappears. No report, no slowdown, no freezing, nothing. Just gone every time I try to get on the server.

make sure java is up to date and in the launcher change the ram it defaults at 1gb and that wont be enough for it. also you can try deleting it all and re d/l it.

Bentles

So this is more or less what I'm gonna build whenever I have time:

YW6ghYV.png

Something along those lines. And you'll joust by trying to hit each other with swords over the fence.

make sure java is up to date and in the launcher change the ram it defaults at 1gb and that wont be enough for it. also you can try deleting it all and re d/l it.

It won't let me put it any higher than 1gb, unless I'm doing it wrong. I tried updating java and reinstalling it, but it still won't budge.

Mirk

It won't let me put it any higher than 1gb, unless I'm doing it wrong. I tried updating java and reinstalling it, but it still won't budge.

this is the error you server is saying when you connect

22:02:23 [Server thread/INFO]: dryuriev7777 lost connection: TranslatableComponent{key='disconnect.genericReason', args=[Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer], siblings=, style=Style{hasParent=false, color=null, bold=null, italic=null, underlined=null, obfuscated=null, clickEvent=null, hoverEvent=null

I deleted you player data to see if tht helps.

I deleted you player data to see if tht helps.
It's still doing the same thing. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here

Edit: I think the problem is the ram. Trying to start a singleplayer world immediately gives me a "you ran out of memory" message, but I'm not sure how to increase it from 1gb. The only options it gives me from the drop down menu is 512mb, 786mb, and 1gb.

Edit edit: Turns out it's because I have a 32 bit OS. So I guess I'm fucked? I have no idea what I'm doing or what this all means

Mirk

It's still doing the same thing. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here

Edit: I think the problem is the ram. Trying to start a singleplayer world immediately gives me a "you ran out of memory" message, but I'm not sure how to increase it from 1gb. The only options it gives me from the drop down menu is 512mb, 786mb, and 1gb.

Edit edit: Turns out it's because I have a 32 bit OS. So I guess I'm fucked? I have no idea what I'm doing or what this all means

no even a 32bit os should let you do 4gb how much ram does your pc have?

no even a 32bit os should let you do 4gb how much ram does your pc have?

6gb? I think? I dunno, I'm reading on the tekkit forums that the launcher can't go over 1gb unless you have 64bit. I'm not sure if there's a way to override that or what, but I'm not finding anything.

-Minsc-

I cut the server RAM from 2gb to 1.5 last night since the renewal is up in a week. Minsc told me a while ago that it was probably a sound bet to do so...so I did! I'll increase it again I guess.

I noticed someone sent in a ticket to Multiplay (because I got the confirmation response lol) about moving the server :p sounds like a sound plan.

sounds

Errr.. I guess I was wrong. ;) It worked decent-ish with 2GB so 2GB it is. I'm assuming you haven't had a change to upgrade again as it's still at 1.5GB?

Seems as though the server can't handle more than 2 people on at a time. Me, Charles, and Kent were on and the resets have been wayyyy more frequent.

ok I managed to figure out how to unload a world and I have turned neocraft (creative world) off for now, lets hope that improves things. I expect much bitching from Xun later on.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Ha that is nothing, when there is 2 or more on it resets ever 10 mins. Seriously right now Neocraft is next to useless :-(

Wow, it's really that bad? Running both Neocraft and GAFland at the same time may simply be too much until 1.8 is on Multiplay and we get the multi-threading update.

I haven't' had much time to play lately, but when I do I've been engrossed in my single player 1.8 world. The new changes are a lot of fun, I'm looking very forward to when we eventually get them on the server.

OK seems like unloading Neocraft didn't improve things at all. The server lasted 9 mins before resetting with just me, Dry and Kent on it :-(. I am out of ideas.

-Minsc-

I believe the server has stabilized for now. In addition to unloading Neocraft and its nether I disabled auto world loading for them. When charlie unloaded the worlds before they simply loaded back up upon the server reset.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I believe the server has stabilized for now. In addition to unloading Neocraft and its nether I disabled auto world loading for them. When charlie unloaded the worlds before they simply loaded back up upon the server reset.

Good to hear. I wonder how many mob farmers we have on GAFland? Maybe we have a lot of really efficient ones that are producing lots of drops quickly and eating up the memory? I only know of a couple.

Ranger X

Good to hear. I wonder how many mob farmers we have on GAFland? Maybe we have a lot of really efficient ones that are producing lots of drops quickly and eating up the memory? I only know of a couple.

They would only eat up memory if they are around the spawn isn't it? 'Cause the other chunks aren't active afterall if there's nobody playing on them.

Ark

I just put the ram back up to 2gb. I did set it to 2.5gb but I figured the price increase wasn't justifiable given how dead the server is during the summer months. I'll wack up the ram when this renewal period is up (3 months from now) or if the server gets busy before then.

-Minsc-

I just put the ram back up to 2gb. I did set it to 2.5gb but I figured the price increase wasn't justifiable given how dead the server is during the summer months. I'll wack up the ram when this renewal period is up (3 months from now) or if the server gets busy before then.

2GB worked decent enough before so it should be decent now.

-Minsc-

How big is the spawn chunk? There's only one active grinder (the one south of spawn) as far as I know, plus the iron farm.

Not sure, what ever the default setting is I assume.

Taking the server offline for some quick maintenance. :)

edit: Now that we have 2GB of RAM again I brought neocraft back. Since it worked before it should work now.

Crispy75

How big is the spawn chunk? There's only one active grinder (the one south of spawn) as far as I know, plus the iron farm.

To a reasonable approximation, the spawn chunks cover an area enclosed by the "inner" ring road, ie. the one that runs along the back of Gaf Central, the back side of my Megabridge and the front wall of Panda's complex.

Vlad

Grr, I'd love to come check out Mirk's server, but something's gone wonky with the Technic launcher and I can't even load Minecraft through it with any pack. Going to try the ol' delete-everything-and-reinstall and see if that helps.

Apparently, it's somewhere between 1 and 2gb. I'm going to test this on a 32-Bit VDI running Win 7 and see what Technic lets me select.

Yeah, I can't select anything above 1GB in Technic:

tech_ram.png

It's weird that the 1.5GB option isn't even available.

6gb? I think? I dunno, I'm reading on the tekkit forums that the launcher can't go over 1gb unless you have 64bit. I'm not sure if there's a way to override that or what, but I'm not finding anything.

What version of Java are you running? And what values are available to you in the Technic list for RAM?

Mirk

Apparently, it's somewhere between 1 and 2gb. I'm going to test this on a 32-Bit VDI running Win 7 and see what Technic lets me select.

nah you can add -Xms2048m into the java parameter in control panel. Least thats what I did.

Grr, I'd love to come check out Mirk's server, but something's gone wonky with the Technic launcher and I can't even load Minecraft through it with any pack. Going to try the ol' delete-everything-and-reinstall and see if that helps.

It seems the minecraft authentication servers down. :(

Vlad

It seems the minecraft authentication servers down. :(

That's what I thought at first, too, but it seems i can load other packs, just not the GAFPack.

If it helps, here's some error lines from gafpack\logs\latest.log:

Code:
[12:42:31] [main/INFO]: [AppEng] Core Init
[12:42:32] [main/WARN]: The coremod codechicken.core.launch.CodeChickenCorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:42:32] [main/WARN]: The coremod codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:42:32] [main/ERROR]: An error occurred trying to configure the minecraft home at C:\Users\Redacted\AppData\Roaming\.technic\modpacks\gafpack for Forge Mod Loader
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: mods/immibis/microblocks/coremod/MicroblocksCoreMod : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) ~[?:1.6.0_22]
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.6.0_22]
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.6.0_22]
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.6.0_22]
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.6.0_22]
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.6.0_22]
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.6.0_22]
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.6.0_22]
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.6.0_22]
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:115) ~[launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.6.0_22]
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.6.0_22]
	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.6.0_22]
	at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.6.0_22]
	at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.loadCoreMod(CoreModManager.java:381) ~[modpack.jar:?]
	at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.discoverCoreMods(CoreModManager.java:310) ~[modpack.jar:?]
	at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:211) ~[modpack.jar:?]
	at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:90) [modpack.jar:?]
	at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupClient(FMLLaunchHandler.java:67) [modpack.jar:?]
	at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForClientLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:34) [modpack.jar:?]
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLTweaker.java:126) [modpack.jar:?]
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:114) [launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]

I've checked, and I can run Tekkit, Technic Classic, and B-Team through the launcher without issue. Is anybody else on the server yet, or am I the only one having these issues?

Also, no Thaumcraft in the pack? Looks like its current version is for MC 1.7.2, and it's definitely one of the more polished mods I've seen.

Morokh

How's the game on mobile with the new update?

Performance may vary depending on your phone as always, but they added 1.8 terrain generation with infinite worlds and all the biomes (as well as caves, but not ravines yet)

It runs fine on my Galaxy S3, with the occasional stutter when new chunks load for the first time.

I don't play survival on this so I can't really tell you all bout it, but I think they added mobs that were missing from the PC version.

As far as building goes they added most of the new block types from 1.8 (they are missing stained glass, coarse dirt, slime blocks and everything related to the water temple )

In some regards it's ahead of the official (1.7.10 release) but it's still missing a proper nether, and redstone.

Vlad

Update to the modded server we now have.

Thermal Expansion 4

Ah, nice. On Happy's last server, I was convinced of its superiority over IC2, and I'd have a rough time doing without it.

Of course, that's assuming I can actually get the pack to run. Downloading the update now, fingers crossed.

Mirk

Ah, nice. On Happy's last server, I was convinced of its superiority over IC2, and I'd have a rough time doing without it.

Of course, that's assuming I can actually get the pack to run. Downloading the update now, fingers crossed.

I agree TE is much better then ic2 I am loving Mekanism right now though. If it doesn't run for you try deleting the config folder and relaunching it. Maybe a config I use doesn't like your pc.

** Also I have edited the pack a bit so the save issue should be fix so you might have to exit and relaunch to get the update.

Top Bottom