• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

belushy

Banned
Update to the modded server we now have.

Thermal Expansion 4

MineFactory Reloaded

Factorization

Gany's Nether

:D

Not sure if anyone went to the nether, would it need to reset for the Gany's stuff?

edit: Oh yeah and thank you for adding the sleeping mod yesterday lol Easily one of my favorites ;P

Ranger X

Update to the modded server we now have.

Thermal Expansion 4

MineFactory Reloaded

Factorization

Gany's Nether

:D

This is now for Gafland?

Someone cares telling what those mods do or linky me? I really don't feel like searching the net about it. :(

As I mentioned to Fuch online, I'm cleaning up the rails leaving the station at spawn by putting the 3 southern rails underground to match the 2 northern ones. I did this for a few reasons:
  • This gives the rails going into GafCentral a consistant look.
  • It gives Crispy more room to expand south from his theatre.
  • It gives me room to build south of my track.

If this is an issue for anyone, please let me know!

Crispy75

No sane Gaflander would want to give me *more* room to expand :D

jk. It all sounds good. There's a fair bit of empty land still within the "city limits" and it'd be nice to see it all built up

Ark

Heathen HEATHEN! Ill show you heathen. I need something to do while we wait a year for bukket to up date to 1.8 :p

WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG?! I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY IT TAKES SO LONG TO UPDATE BUKKIT AND THIS GAME JUST HIRE SOME PEOPLE ALREADY MOJANG

If we're lucky the server will have updated to 1.8 by Christmas

I will finish Arkyoto dammit.

Fuchsdh

So the tracks right out of GAF Central are now underground thanks to Puppet. Some other GAF Metro updates—the entire Purple Line save the leg from GAF -> Tunlu is now double-tracked. Orange Line is double tracked North all the way to Snow Biome, and south to Crispy's GAF Sur Mer station. Green Line is double-tracked to Mesa East.

Vlad

Well, finally figured out how to get the GAFPack running (apparently a Java update hosed itself, so a reinstall was necessary), and digging the new pack so far.

What I'm really liking is how there doesn't seem to be the usual end-game uber-movement option that basically gives you unlimited creative flight and invincibility (modular powersuits, for example). As much as I like modded Minecraft, it did get a little silly for everybody to basically end up completely invincible once they had the full powersuit or quantum armor (which reminds me, I need to see if quantum armor is on there).

belushy

Banned
I never tried out the Modular Powersuits, and not because they were overpowered, but because they looked so stupid and out of place in the game lol

Bentles

I never tried out the Modular Powersuits, and not because they were overpowered, but because they looked so stupid and out of place in the game lol

They're pretty silly. A friend and I played modded minecraft for a day and while I was off doing something for a few hours he got stupid mobility and defense from one of them. It's no fun trailing after somebody so I stopped playing.

Mirk

So I don't know what I did but the only way I could fix the map was delete the chunks my base was in. So starting over for me! lol :(. I was testing AE2 with Mekanism and my game crashed. So anytime I loaded the chunks my base was in would crash your game.

So I don't know what I did but the only way I could fix the map was delete the chunks my base was in. So starting over for me! lol :(. I was testing AE2 with Mekanism and my game crashed. So anytime I loaded the chunks my base was in would crash your game.

Ouch :(

Feel free to come over and use my machines if you need to!

So no one is up for taking my castle on GAFLand? It would be a real shame to see it unfinished.

I might, Xun. I'd want to finish up Katzegard to a point of being content with it but if I run out of stuff to do while I wait for 1.8, I could try to finish it up.

Fuchsdh

So no one is up for taking my castle on GAFLand? It would be a real shame to see it unfinished.

What's actually left to complete? Looks fairly finished from the exterior, or are you referring to the insides?

I'm passing by working on the rail line but I might work on it.

Xun

I might, Xun. I'd want to finish up Katzegard to a point of being content with it but if I run out of stuff to do while I wait for 1.8, I could try to finish it up.
Feel free! :)

What's actually left to complete? Looks fairly finished from the exterior, or are you referring to the insides?

I'm passing by working on the rail line but I might work on it.
I was planning on adding a few more towers, and of course the interior.

There's plenty left to do.

Fuchsdh

The Cyan (East Line) is now double tracked to the Red Sand Inn and Thorn Valley. All that remains is (maybe) some prettification and double-tracking to the current end of the line, the Stronghold. I'll post an updated metro map soon.

The Cyan (East Line) is now double tracked to the Red Sand Inn and Thorn Valley. All that remains is (maybe) some prettification and double-tracking to the current end of the line, the Stronghold. I'll post an updated metro map soon.

Reminds me, I need to start figuring out what to do with Katzegard Grand Terminal sometime.

Reminds me, I need to start figuring out what to do with Katzegard Grand Terminal sometime.
Hey tough guy, you still have yet to taste defeat on my racetrack, and sampled the shame in knowing you uploaded a video to that tube thingy showing your jib was sadly lacking against my cut of... other jib.

I demand, nay strongly suggest on the most vigorous of terms that you challenge me before the world!

Oh, and if for some reason you win could you do that editing trick stuff you do to make me look as cool as I think I am?

Cheers,
Puppet

Hey tough guy, you still have yet to taste defeat on my racetrack, and sampled the shame in knowing you uploaded a video to that tube thingy showing your jib was sadly lacking against my cut of... other jib.

I demand, nay strongly suggest on the most vigorous of terms that you challenge me before the world!

Oh, and if for some reason you win could you do that editing trick stuff you do to make me look as cool as I think I am?

Cheers,
Puppet

Challenge accepted. Won't be this week's video but soon. Soon.

Fuchsdh

So two things:

1) Who took the spawn town maps? Wanted to update them but all but one are missing :( Please return soon!

2) I need a beacon. Who has one and is willing to part with it, and what is your price? The beacon shop is out :(

Ah, here we go again. The one thing that always monopolizes my gaming time: a new modded Minecraft GAF server.

Any chance we could get a mod list, for the inevitable constant wiki-referencing?

Friend asked for the mod list of Mirk's server, figured I would post it since the original one is already outdated:

Advanced Machines
Applied Energistics 2
BiblioCraft
Biomes 'O Plenty
Buildcraft
Carpenter's Blocks
Chisel
Crystal Wing
Damage Indicators
Ender IO
Ender Storage
Extra Utilities
Fishing Nets
Flat Bedrock
Forestry
HopperDuct Mod
Immibis Microblocks
IndustrialCraft 2
Infernal Mobs
Infinitubes
Inventory Tweaks
Iron Chest
Jabba
Liquid XP
Mantle
MapWriter
Mekanism
Mekanism Generators
Mekanism Tools
MFFS
NEI Addons
NEI
OpenComputers
ProjectRed
ProjectRed Integration
ProjectRed Lighting
ProjectRed Mechanical
ProjectRed World
Red Logic
Resonant Engine
Simple Ender Things
TConstruct
TMechworks
Tube Stuff
Twilight Forest
Universal Electricity
Waila

Fuchsdh

Well I cloned some of the missing maps but I ran out of new ones and I accidentally zoomed one out, so... I'm less than helpful :(

Ranger X

Ok there has been something going on in Gafland...

There's a HUUUUUGE chunk of gardens, fountains, castles, mansions and farms that has been imported in my neighbourhood.

Why? What's the use of this? This built was on Neocraft and could be easily visited already. Also, this pollutes a world where we try to enjoy SURVIVAL MODE built. I don't understand this. Can we have explanations?

Just wondering, who built this massive place?

TVRZQDZ.jpg

fCuYGNL.png

Really impressive build, but I'm wondering if it was done in creative and then imported because I'm pretty sure this wasn't here a few weeks ago. If this is the case, why put a creative build over on the survival side?

If it was built in survival, holy crap that's impressive.

Edit: Beaten by Ranger

Ark

Looks like Dry's style of building. Why do you think it was imported? It seems pretty simple to build in survival, maybe Minsc or Charlie knows?

Looks like Dry's style of building. Why do you think it was imported? It seems pretty simple to build in survival, maybe Minsc or Charlie knows?
It's right by Ranger's place, which I visited 3 or 4 weeks ago. I'm amazed I missed it, considering how huge it is. Maybe there use to be a hill in the way or something. Regardless, it's an impressive build, not surprised it's one of Dry's.

We should probably blow it up just in case.
It's the only way to be sure.

Ranger X

Because I swear I visited that in Neocraft. Sure this hasn't been imported?

And the place is HUGE Ark. The pics Puppets did put there aren't representative at all at the work that has been going on in there. The amount of material needed to built that and the time needed to build all of this is phenomenal. There never was anything like that in our previous worlds. There's even a ton of blocks like full Ore blocks that therefore needed silk touch.

Anyhow, I trust Dry but I don't trust certain constructions on this server. Still is fishy to see such builds in survival. lol

Ark

I'll check it out when I get home from work later this afternoon, at the very least just to see it for myself :p

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Because I swear I visited that in Neocraft. Sure this hasn't been imported?

And the place is HUGE Ark. The pics Puppets did put there aren't representative at all at the work that has been going on in there. The amount of material needed to built that and the time needed to build all of this is phenomenal. There never was anything like that in our previous worlds. There's even a ton of blocks like full Ore blocks that therefore needed silk touch.

Anyhow, I trust Dry but I don't trust certain constructions on this server. Still is fishy to see such builds in survival. lol

It looks like Dry's place. Have you seen what Dry builds in survival before? Because the man is a Minecraft Machine. He could build that by hand in a week or two easy, LOL. I've watched him build before, it's humbling.

-Minsc-

Just wondering, who built this massive place?

*snip*

Really impressive build, but I'm wondering if it was done in creative and then imported because I'm pretty sure this wasn't here a few weeks ago. If this is the case, why put a creative build over on the survival side?

If it was built in survival, holy crap that's impressive.

Edit: Beaten by Ranger

Have the coordinates for the place?

-Minsc-

It's definitely appears to be built by hand. The terrain underneath does not appear to be pasted over, just built over. Not exactly sure where he got so many chiseled stone blocks, though I'm not going to fuss over that minor detail.

masud

Banned
I didn't recognize anything in those photos but I just went and checked out drys compound again and yeah it looks like he's added a bunch of stuff since the last time I've been there. Mystery solved. And its approx. x 1850 y 340 Minsc, almost at the end of the green line (I'm the last stop)

I have no reason to believe that Dry's ULTRAGARDEN is anything other than 100% legit and awesome.

It definitely is I watched him build some of it and saw it expand bit by bit since he's just north of my build, dudes a machine...

Ranger X

His build now reaches my station on the grey line (from green line jungle).

DRY, you should build and entrance and reach the station with some sidewalk/trail.
I actually wanted to link you yesterday but it seems you're building a wall...

DRY, you should build and entrance and reach the station with some sidewalk/trail.
I actually wanted to link you yesterday but it seems you're building a wall...

I had actually planned a couple entrances that lead to your place/line. One from the west pathway from the ore rotunda and one from the west of not-versailles. The one from the ore rotunda will be a more formal entrance while the exit from the west wing of not-versailles will be a small plaza on top of the wall that lead to stairs/pathway to you. I had also planned a formal entrance going north behind not-versailles that I could probably connect to vyktal's castle, though I'm not sure exactly how far away it is.

The east exit will remain closed until we have a prismarine farm going. I might just head out and take over my own water temple when 1.8 arrives and create the farm myself, gather all I need, and then open it to the public. I know I want a tower of some sort, but I haven't actually planned the architecture out like I have everything else at the estate.

Once the gardens behind not-versailles and the entrances are done, I'll consider the project closed until 1.8.

I don't know why people are questioning Dry's build on Gafland. The guy puts an extraordinary amount of time into his build. Hell he is on just as much as me so does that mean I am gonna face accusations that my 500,000 glass block domed city was done in creative ? What about my 12,000 block TAMPON ? Just because a build is big does not mean it was built in creative.

Personally I love Dry's gardens (not a euphemism) got a great feel to it as you walk around the place. It has taken him a hell of a lot of time and effort to create that build

Top Bottom