• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Fuchsdh

Changing the value to 1024 or higher gives me the following error:
Code:
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Too small initial heap for new size specified

Oh sorry. -Xmx1G is your maximum threshold. That's the number you want to increase (currently it's at 1024MB/1GB).

Mirk, any time I put down AE2 network cables of any kind, the game crashes and then I can't load that save again because it crashes on load. :(

Also, the server says it's restarting, but never comes back online again :'(

Edit: And I keep getting these kinds of errors.

Edit2: Grrrr.... This mod pack has been giving me shit all morning.
I used some custom fence in my house (the ones you make out of micro blocks) and the game froze. Now when I join the server I immediately freeze again. I don't know if someone could go delete those for me, but until they're gone I don't think I'll be getting back in...

Vlad

Mirk, any time I put down AE2 network cables of any kind, the game crashes and then I can't load that save again because it crashes on load. :(

Eek, good to know. I was about to start fiddling with AE2, so good to know that they might be problematic.

I keep getting those too. I find that restarting the launcher and just relaunching the game lets me in eventually.

Edit2: Grrrr.... This mod pack has been giving me shit all morning.
I used some custom fence in my house (the ones you make out of micro blocks) and the game froze. Now when I join the server I immediately freeze again. I don't know if someone could go delete those for me, but until they're gone I don't think I'll be getting back in...

I'll try, but just in case, let me know where the fences are at your place, in case I have issues finding them.

EDIT: Strike that, looks like the server's down at the moment.

Mirk

Sorry guys at work i can restart it thou but art ae2 is why i had to delete the chunks of my old base. But i will see if i can fix it when i get home.

Crispy75

/r/minecraft is having a "my hole is bigger than your hole" competition and there's still nothing as impressive as the Slime Pit. Gruubal - if you're reading this, get over there and lay the smack down.

Vlad

Aaand the modded server is down again. Ever since that last update with Galacticraft, the server has been doing this a bit too often...

Just went back down. It seems to always happen after a "restart". I do wonder if the server's getting hit with the same "mod sorting cycle" error that prevents the client from starting up every so often.

Vlad

Wow, is that Vlad guy dressed as one of the Rhythm Tengoku/Heaven Spacemen? I give him props just for that.

Yeah, that's one of the Rhythm Rally guys. Made that back when I was really into the DS game, and every time I try out a different skin it just feels wrong.

I've been rolling with a skin of Quote from Cave Story for years. I may be due to find something new though. On a related note I may have to consider checking out the gaf servers since I've been playing a little more often.

To the folks on the modded side:

I kind of spawned a real nasty Wither in the nether a short stroll from my portal... I suggest avoiding it. It has blinding, poison, 800 health, and probably a handful of other buffs on top of withering since it doesn't actually say...

belushy

Banned
To the folks on the modded side:

I kind of spawned a real nasty Wither in the nether a short stroll from my portal... I suggest avoiding it. It has blinding, poison, 800 health, and probably a handful of other buffs on top of withering since it doesn't actually say...

Oh god lol

I stumbled upon something useful not listed on the Mekanism wiki (or anywhere that I can see). Just by dropping a Mekanism Heat Generator in the Nether, it automatically produces 100 J/t. You can get up to 125 J/t by having 5 sides touching lava.

Mirk

Mirk, the GAFpack is giving me problems randomly today. Giving me this error, and when I jump into a single player world, it crashes the game. Server is also down.

http://i.imgur.com/BvswOCw.png

Gah Ill have to look at it tomorrow. I am starting to think it was a bad idea for me to host this server. Damn kid is sucking up all my time!

Okay server is up and I have updated a few mods and moved to a new forge, hopefully this will fix our problems.

lol god damn it nm It is still doing it if you get that error closing the launcher and restarting seems to fix it. I guess its a bug with forge or CoFH so we'll just have to deal with it till it gets worked out.

Vlad

Gah Ill have to look at it tomorrow. I am starting to think it was a bad idea for me to host this server. Damn kid is sucking up all my time!

Okay server is up and I have updated a few mods and moved to a new forge, hopefully this will fix our problems.

lol god damn it nm It is still doing it if you get that error closing the launcher and restarting seems to fix it. I guess its a bug with forge or CoFH so we'll just have to deal with it till it gets worked out.

You don't even have to close the launcher, as far as I can tell. I just close MC, and when it bounces back to the launcher I re-launch MC. It usually works after a single retry.

Seanspeed

Banned
Wanted to come back to Minecraft after a good break. On a new version now and wanted to install some mods, but cant get shit to work. Cant ever get Forge to run properly.

Spent several hours trying to figure it out, but I'm honestly really tired of wasting my day away with this crap. Even registered on the Forge forum and posted my issue, but I cant access the site anymore for some shitty, bizarre reason. It just wont open. I simply cant be bothered any longer.

Mirk

Wanted to come back to Minecraft after a good break. On a new version now and wanted to install some mods, but cant get shit to work. Cant ever get Forge to run properly.

Spent several hours trying to figure it out, but I'm honestly really tired of wasting my day away with this crap. Even registered on the Forge forum and posted my issue, but I cant access the site anymore for some shitty, bizarre reason. It just wont open. I simply cant be bothered any longer.

What is the issue you have been having?

Bentles

Oh wow I'd never actually tried this in survival. Some of the jumps are meant to be taken in quick succession but with the damage you take it's not possible really so I'm glad you didn't take things too seriously and try to be 100000% legit.

Sadly it's really unfinished. I wanted some impressions on difficulty when I posted. It had only reached the jumping puzzle at that point and then one day I went a bit mental with all those towers and lava and water and then left it like that because I had run out of ideas. I mostly just wanted to try out interesting jumps to see what was possible so it probably is too hard.

There's a lot of enjoyment from making a tough jump but it does need a few easier sections to break things up.

I got a laugh out of the ladder troll because I forgot I did that. What a jerk I am.

I did say don't do it :p

I'm sorry.

EDIT: And thanks a lot for playing it I have some feedback to work off if I go back to that project now.

Seanspeed

Banned
What is the issue you have been having?
My impatience!

Got everything sorted. Thanks, though.

Have Sonic Ether's Shader Mods now running and its gorgeous, wow. Only just started it, so I've got play around with the settings to get a decent performance, but man, this is why they need to make a proper sequel running on a proper code base. Its stunning. Forgot to turn off clouds for this pic, but yea:

Seanspeed

Banned
About 25-40fps on average, but the game has sudden slow-downs here and there that I need to figure out how to stop. Pretty sure I can get it running over 30fps reliably(so I can lock it down) with a decent draw distance still, so it might not be my go-to profile for general Minecraft playing, but as a somewhat playable, gorgeous experience, its very nice to have.

Fuchsdh

I was hoping that with my better graphics card I'd be able to get shaders working halfway decently but they're generally broken, and I haven't messed around with them enough to fix things. One day...

Updated Mirk's server and added Big Reactors. Modular Force Fields is now gone as it was conflicting with a few mods.

I regenerated the world so now people in already generated areas should see Railcraft and Galacticraft ores.

Bentles

Joust game is 95% complete now. Just have to tweak some redstone timing to make it more reliable on SMP and add some final touches to the buildings.

kXyf6FX.png

Vlad

Updated Mirk's server and added Big Reactors. Modular Force Fields is now gone as it was conflicting with a few mods.

Yeah, as much as I enjoy that mod, it's definitely not playable yet. At the moment it's not even functional (you can't power the things that need powering, and a lot of the modules for it just don't work yet), so it's no big loss.

I regenerated the world so now people in already generated areas should see Railcraft and Galacticraft ores.

Woot! No more forge loading errors and the server actually restarts on its own now. Thanks!

Vlad

Woot! No more forge loading errors and the server actually restarts on its own now. Thanks!

And it looks like Extra Utilities was updated, too! The old version had some weird glitch when it came to compressed cobblestone which would have made my ongoing project more difficult.

No problem! I'll try to keep on top of it. Unfortunately my issue where all Mekanism machines are "Unnamed" still hasn't been fixed. I did notice that the server was spewing a lot less of the overloaded messages, so hopefully things run a bit smoother.

Forgot to mention that I did set Big Reactors to re-gen too, so Yellorite should be available near everyone.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Sup dudes, I was gonna check out the NeoCraft server a while back and saw you needed 1.7.5 to join and thought to myself "THAT SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF WORK TO DOWNGRADE". And today I learned you can do so at the launcher, lmao.

Edit: So I noticed my membership is inactive since it's been months/years I was last on and some helpful duders told me to make a post so, consider this that post.

Crispy75

Sup dudes, I was gonna check out the NeoCraft server a while back and saw you needed 1.7.5 to join and thought to myself "THAT SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF WORK TO DOWNGRADE". And today I learned you can do so at the launcher, lmao.

Edit: So I noticed my membership is inactive since it's been months/years I was last on and some helpful duders told me to make a post so, consider this that post.

You'll need to mention your minecraft ID
(unless it's the same as your GAF name)

Top Bottom