• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

woolley

The majority of the south is just the T.A.M.P.O.N. so most of that area could probably be trimmed if people wanted to take the time.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
BTW, did I hear you were uploading an overview map Mengy?.

I've had the new map for days now, I just can't get it uploaded to dropbox. I think it's the number of files, all those tens of thousands of little JPG's that are bringing the dropbox app to it's knees. It's partially uploaded, but it doesn't seem to ever complete.

I need to find a better way of hosting this map, something other than dropbox...

-Minsc-

FYI, the server seems to be down. I've tried starting it from the control panel but I get an error. Until I get back from work lets cross our fingers it sorts its self out. :)

Edit: Server is back online.

-Minsc-

I've had the new map for days now, I just can't get it uploaded to dropbox. I think it's the number of files, all those tens of thousands of little JPG's that are bringing the dropbox app to it's knees. It's partially uploaded, but it doesn't seem to ever complete.

I need to find a better way of hosting this map, something other than dropbox...
New user painguy mentioned something about setting up Dynmap on an external machine, though I'm not sure how that works. Might be an option.

I know I certainly am. I haven't been on the server in a few weeks because 1.8 has hooked me hardcore. I love everything about it:

- many more stone blocks to build with
- red sandstone blocks
- better enchanting
- better villager trading
- colored fences and new doors
- new water blocks
- banners

The update adds so much that a full change list would be HUGE. I'm super curious to see how the server runs once on 1.8, with the great threading and performance improvements I'm really hoping it helps the server out a ton, and I'm really hoping that horses will finally be useable without the lag. I've got huge plans to revamp my entire ravine base with the new stone and sand types. Although the more I think about it I may just start an entirely new base instead, one that would make dwarfs of all stature blush with envy....
Honestly the thing I want the most out of 1.8 is asymmetrical arms/legs. I made a Milla skin (from Freedom Planet) a while back, and I'm kinda itchin' to use it already. (Not that my Duke skin is bad or anything... and not like I've played Minecraft in months...)

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Prepare yourselves. Draw distance is coming!

98vb5g.png

https://twitter.com/jeb_/status/506722358854316032

I'm a bit sad but now I want to know if you can mod it to 64 draw distance. Worried my machine may not talk to me any more though.
Even my top of the line MacBook Pro with Nvidia GeForce 750M hates me if I try to use the higher settings. But when I turn them on, my god the distance you can see is glorious. I like to fly high in the sky and look down and see for miles and miles and miles worth of land below. I can see the entire build area with it.

-Minsc-

If we want a map I wonder if it would be possible to host a dummy server on a free webhost with Dynmap. Then all we have to do is upload an updated world file once a week or something. Of course it wouldn't have player tracking but that's something I can live without.

Also might be possible to have the external server render the map right from the multiplay world files. I know it can be done if you host your own MC server. The issue with this option may be middleman Multiplay getting in the way.

Edit: Oh how I'd like to have root access to the server. It would give so much more control. Unfortunately I believe those are way outside my price range.

Painguy

About that Dynmap thing.

"http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/dynmap/pages/faq/" said:
...or you want to offload your CraftBukkit server, you can still periodically synchronize 'plugin/dynmap/web' between CraftBukkit and your webserver using RSync or FTP. However, you won't have any of the 'real-time' features that Dynmap provides (players, map-updates, chat, etc).

If you don't mind tinkering a bit on Linux, you can still get the real-time features by using sshfs or fuseftp to mount the (remote) 'web/standalone' directory from your webserver onto your CraftBukkit server 'plugins/dynmap/web/standalone'.
That's basically the gist of it. There are few other things to do before doing this, but this is the grunt of the work (and finding an extra computer) I might have an extra old PC lying around, but I haven't found it yet.

One other thing you can do if you have a multicore server is force craftbukkit to have an affinity to one core, and Dynmap to another. Craftbukkit only uses a single core anyway.

Also is the server running on a RAM disk?

-Minsc-

About that Dynmap thing.

That's basically the gist of it. There are few other things to do before doing this, but this is the grunt of the work (and finding an extra computer) I might have an extra old PC lying around, but I haven't found it yet.

One other thing you can do if you have a multicore server is force craftbukkit to have an affinity to one core, and Dynmap to another. Craftbukkit only uses a single core anyway.

Also is the server running on a RAM disk?

No idea to be honest. We host through Multiplay if that helps answer your question.

Ranger X

What's your GPU and CPU? There has to be a bottleneck somewhere, could be these? Maybe check your CPU and GPU levels.

I don't know, doesn't sound like a CPU prob that's for sure. My CoreI7 920 still does the job.
Now my graphic card is old, but is it needed THAT much for Minecraft?

hepburn3d

Even my top of the line MacBook Pro with Nvidia GeForce 750M hates me if I try to use the higher settings. But when I turn them on, my god the distance you can see is glorious. I like to fly high in the sky and look down and see for miles and miles and miles worth of land below. I can see the entire build area with it.

I might try and put some HD texture packs on and take a few screenshots at 1fps, and pretend that one day this will be low settings

I don't know, doesn't sound like a CPU prob that's for sure. My CoreI7 920 still does the job.

Don't know. If nothings getting maxed out I really can't tell what it could be :( maybe try toggling a few settings off and seeing if that helps? or re download the game?

Mengy

Being Java based Minecraft is much more CPU and memory dependant than graphics card dependant. I've got an old GeForce 560Ti with an I5 3500 on Win 7 with 16GB RAM and Minecraft hums on my PC between 40-60 fps at 32 chunk draw distance. If I drop the draw distance down to the "old" 16 chunk limit then the game stays pegged at 60fps (where I have it limited to as max).

How old is your graphics card again? If it has a small amount of on board RAM then it may just be your bottleneck. It's much more likely a java issue though, or a system process priority thing where some other process is stealing cpu cycles from java. I have my system optimized to minimize stupid little crap running in the background that I don't need or want. I have to do that because I fly in Flight Simulator X a lot so that's kind of needed to make that 8 year old poorly optimized game run even remotely acceptably even on modern high end computers. Someone please make a modern fully featured flight sim game, Please....

Fuchsdh

Hmm. Should download 1.8 and see what the perf difference is. I think my big bottleneck issue is RAM speed though (800MHz DDR2.)

-Minsc-

Don't understand the performance drop in 1.8. From 200 down to 45? What O.O

It was my understanding 1.8 was supposed to improve performance, not nerf. I booted up Gafland in 1.8 last night and was getting FPS between 6-16, this was with reducing the render distance down to 6 or so. With Optifine on 1.7 I normally range between 20-30 fps.

Mengy

It was my understanding 1.8 was supposed to improve performance, not nerf. I booted up Gafland in 1.8 last night and was getting FPS between 6-16, this was with reducing the render distance down to 6 or so. With Optifine on 1.7 I normally range between 20-30 fps.

Interesting. 1.8 most definitely improved performance on my machine, even with a larger draw distance. It's the smoothest I've ever seen the game run honestly. I have a backup from GAFland on my machine from a few days ago that I installed to do the map, I'll try logging into it offline on my PC tonight and see what kind of framerates I get with 1.8.

-Minsc-

Interesting. 1.8 most definitely improved performance on my machine, even with a larger draw distance. It's the smoothest I've ever seen the game run honestly. I have a backup from GAFland on my machine from a few days ago that I installed to do the map, I'll try logging into it offline on my PC tonight and see what kind of framerates I get with 1.8.

To your credit I am running MC on a seven year old iMac with Mavericks installed. I did try booting up in windows and try MC as the game had better performance on Win7 than OS X. Strangely 1.8 ran worse. I do have a new SD drive I'm planning to throw in this weekend so I'll check back and see it that helps. I'm also planning to give linux a try, with luck that may give this old machine a new lease on life.

Crispy75

To your credit I am running MC on a seven year old iMac with Mavericks installed. I did try booting up in windows and try MC as the game had better performance on Win7 than OS X. Strangely 1.8 ran worse. I do have a new SD drive I'm planning to throw in this weekend so I'll check back and see it that helps. I'm also planning to give linux a try, with luck that may give this old machine a new lease on life.

64-bit Java?
Allocate more than 1GB ram?

Fuchsdh

In terms of the server what are the realities/requirements of rolling our own? What sort of system requirements do you need to support GAFLand?

Given the cost for our 2GB of RAM it seems like something worth looking into, but I'm ignorant of such matters so forgive me if I'm spouting nonsense.

Painguy

Yeah I also had performance go from 300 to 160. It seems like they added multi-threaded chunk rendering. My guess is that they dun goofed with that.

Also even with multiplay you can do the Dynmap thing, but it just wont be realtime since you have to periodically sync the map files rather than remotely mount the file system.

Ranger X

Being Java based Minecraft is much more CPU and memory dependant than graphics card dependant. I've got an old GeForce 560Ti with an I5 3500 on Win 7 with 16GB RAM and Minecraft hums on my PC between 40-60 fps at 32 chunk draw distance. If I drop the draw distance down to the "old" 16 chunk limit then the game stays pegged at 60fps (where I have it limited to as max).

How old is your graphics card again? If it has a small amount of on board RAM then it may just be your bottleneck. It's much more likely a java issue though, or a system process priority thing where some other process is stealing cpu cycles from java. I have my system optimized to minimize stupid little crap running in the background that I don't need or want. I have to do that because I fly in Flight Simulator X a lot so that's kind of needed to make that 8 year old poorly optimized game run even remotely acceptably even on modern high end computers. Someone please make a modern fully featured flight sim game, Please....

Ok here goes:

Core I7 920 (2.67ghz)
Vista Home 64bits
ATI Radeon HD 4800 (I know, an old dinosaur)
6go ram on board (can't find the specific kind though)

If it inspires you anything... (outside the "buy a new comp"), do tell

Ranger X

I don't understand this situation anymore if someone cares to explain to me...

Mojang creates Minecraft...
Bukkit guys create the Bukkit mod...
Mojang bought the Bukkit guys right?
... but not Bukkit itself?
And now who's this guy? Someone who had code that Bukkit guys used without permission??

woolley

I don't understand this situation anymore if someone cares to explain to me...

Mojang creates Minecraft...
Bukkit guys create the Bukkit mod...
Mojang bought the Bukkit guys right?
... but not Bukkit itself?
And now who's this guy? Someone who had code that Bukkit guys used without permission??
Mojang hired most of the original bukki team and part of the deal is that Mojang also bought bukkit. Dinnerbone who was sort of the guys that got hired has said that he is bring bukkit to 1.8 personally. Where its at now I don't know.

Ark

They should just sell the IP already. I don't care if EA bought it and flooded it with micro-transactions at least updates would be frequent and plenty.

Sarcasm

Yea the performance sucks even worse lol..I play a modded 1.7.10 with over 100 and 1.8 vanilla goes to 45 and below.

Oo

Yea gonna wait bunnies won't make me play 1.8

Ranger X

They should just sell the IP already. I don't care if EA bought it and flooded it with micro-transactions at least updates would be frequent and plenty.

Oh God, I wouldn't sacrifice the integrity of the game and much more just so I get more updates. And they wouldn't invest more in the game anyways, they would let rake in the money until the phenomen dies. Since when big cies are taking care of games for longer??

hepburn3d

lol NO!

If EA had it you wouldn't get frequent updates you'd get frequent iterations with DLC

Minecraft 2

New DLC - The Red Creeper $10.00

All texture packs would cost as well. Oh god why have you opened this thought into my mind! No. No No NO

Mojang are just a bunch of kids trying to play grown up with this game. Sometimes I feel like Ark does and it would be great if Minecraft got a developer/publisher that actually had a bloody clue on how to handle the game.

However that is a flight of fantasy so not much point in dwelling on it. I think we need to start seriously considering the viability of running Neocraft without Bukkit. The thought of my lovely domes being exposed to creeper damage makes me pretty depressed but I honestly cannot see how Bukkit is going to appear any time soon (by soon I mean years).

So we either stay with 1.7 and bukkit for god knows how long or we bite the bullet and go back to vanilla minecraft.

-Minsc-

Mojang are just a bunch of kids trying to play grown up with this game. Sometimes I feel like Ark does and it would be great if Minecraft got a developer/publisher that actually had a bloody clue on how to handle the game.

However that is a flight of fantasy so not much point in dwelling on it. I think we need to start seriously considering the viability of running Neocraft without Bukkit. The thought of my lovely domes being exposed to creeper damage makes me pretty depressed but I honestly cannot see how Bukkit is going to appear any time soon (by soon I mean years).

So we either stay with 1.7 and bukkit for god knows how long or we bite the bullet and go back to vanilla minecraft.

We may as well wait a month and see what happens, no need to jump the gun yet.

Mengy

Oh HELL no, stop talking crazy man! EA is a horrible developer nowadays, they would kill the game by flooding it with DLC and microtransactions and super tight controls that completely limit the mod scene and community. And EA's version of regular updates is not better than Mojang's, not even close. Just look at the state that Simcity and BF4 are still in so long after launch. EA sucks and I don't want them anywhere near any game that I like.

It's certainly something to consider, going on without bukkit. It would let us update instantly to snapshots and new versions, that is one huge plus. But yeah the biggest negatives are the lack of safety features like no creeper damage and lockette. Although I wonder if there are alternatives to these that don't require bukkit at all?

What Mojang needs to do, what they should have done SO FUCKING LONG AGO, is simply incorporate bukkit functionality into the default Minecraft server client. I am simply astounded that this has not happened to this day. I really just don't get it. If modders can do it, and especially after Mojang fucking hired half of the bukkit team, you would think this would be relatively simple to do....???

Bentles

Christ, even turning creeper damage off requires a mod?

MOJANG

/gamerule doMobGriefing false

That turns creeper damage off on a vanilla server (and Wither damage I'd imagine and probably also Enderman damage but idk). You can also shut up those silly achievement messages in the config.

There's no Lockette-like system but I don't use that at all on GAFLand anyway and haven't had any issues (psst! hey everyone! rob me!), though my base is pretty out of the way and probably doesn't get many visits. You do at least have a chest of completely safe storage using an Ender Chest though that's not much to those use Lockette for everything.

The big issue would be running NeoCraft and GAFLand at once which isn't possible without Bukkit.

-Minsc-

Christ, even turning creeper damage off requires a mod?

MOJANG

Vanilla MC commands.

/gamerule doMobGriefing false

That turns creeper damage off on a vanilla server (and Wither damage I'd imagine and probably also Enderman damage but idk). You can also shut up those silly achievement messages in the config.

There's no Lockette-like system but I don't use that at all on GAFLand anyway and haven't had any issues (psst! hey everyone! rob me!), though my base is pretty out of the way and probably doesn't get many visits. You do at least have a chest of completely safe storage using an Ender Chest though that's not much to those use Lockette for everything.

The big issue would be running NeoCraft and GAFLand at once which isn't possible without Bukkit.

Hmm, it is something to consider. Unfortunately we'd lose various teleport commands like /tpa, /home, /back, /warp, etc. I did find a funky workaround for /warp and /home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6af-VnmqHA

What ever the case, if we go vanilla we will have to rough it and change our play styles. Spelunking will be old school and overall extra precautions will need to be taken.

I'm just sayin' if we decided to go completely vanilla and lose Neocraft and etc, then we're gonna have to make a big dividing line on the map for creative and survival.

Would we be unable to use the current map if we had to switch off of bukkit?

-Minsc-

I'm just sayin' if we decided to go completely vanilla and lose Neocraft and etc, then we're gonna have to make a big dividing line on the map for creative and survival.

We could label an area 100000 blocks from spawn for creative building. Unfortunately we'd have to rely on the honour system to keep people from building creative in the survival. Basically it would be like NeoCraft used to be which would mean overturning the decision for GAFland to be survival only.

My thoughts of vanilla is it being only a short term solution, similar to how we went awhile without Neocraft when GAFland went live. 1.8 has only been out for two days so it's really hard to say what the bukkit situation will be a month or two from now. Pretty much, if we want 1.8 now the creative world will have to boxed away as I'm quite certain the community as a majority wants GAFland to be left survival. When a proper solution arises we'll bring NeoCraft. I did it in the spring and I'll do it again in the future.

Another note for vanilla MC. We'll lose the ability to prevent new visitors to the server from breaking blocks in the current manner. An alternative would be to set the default game mode to Adventure. Without the correct tools players can not break blocks (though give them a diamond pick and they can do some damage). 1.8 adds the Spectator game mode. As a spectator players completely lose the ability to interact with the game world. They can fly anywhere, fly through blocks, cannot pickup items, and cannot die.

Mengy

Vanilla MC commands.

Hmm, it is something to consider. Unfortunately we'd lose various teleport commands like /tpa, /home, /back, /warp, etc.

I don't think it needs to be said but I'm totally okay with this! It would mean that minecarts, horses, and nether travel networks are just all that much more important. So creeper damage can be toggled in the vanilla server client, that's awesome. The only real concern I have left is lockette, which doesn't seem to have any real substitute without bukkit.

Maybe we will all just have to build hidden top secret bases and storerooms to hide our loot....

I log into backups of GAFland from time to time, offline and without bukkit, and the world works just fine. You lose all of the warps and gates and every chest is unlocked, but other than that it works perfectly.

About creative versus survival, you can't really divide one world up, I don't think that would be fun nor practical. I think I'd rather we just set people to creative who want to be and let them build whatever and wherever. Sure it means they won't bother using minecarts or horses or the nether because they can just fly around, and yeah it will mean we will have meager survival builds smack next to super crazy creative builds, but in the end it is a game and we all just want to have fun. I'd rather let people play the way they want to and enjoy themselves than force everyone into one playstyle whether they like it or not.

I personally love the challenge and difficulty of pure survival, however I have never cared much for us having two worlds running at the same time. It just feels divisive and unnecessarily complicated. I'd rather we have one world where everyone plays the way they want to together. Even if it means I'll be the only one playing survival and using horses and minecarts while everyone else flies around, LOL.

Maybe we could do an experiment: make a backup of the current server and then set GAFland to 1.8 vanilla server client and then try it out just to see how it goes? At worst we could just restore the backup map and set it all back to 1.7 like it is now...

-Minsc-

This is more for moderators. Without bukkit we'll lose the ability to sort players in to groups. So in short a person can either be a normal player or OP, there's no middle ground. While technically we are OPs as we have access to the control panel, it's not always a good idea to give your in game avatar full OP status. Typically its best to issue commands from the console or temporally OP yourself via the console as needed. We probably could get away with fully OP-ing ourselves since this isn't exactly a public server, still it's nice to have an extra layer of defence against that 1/1000 chance.

Maybe we could do an experiment: make a backup of the current server and then set GAFland to 1.8 vanilla server client and then try it out just to see how it goes? At worst we could just restore the backup map and set it all back to 1.7 like it is now...

I was planning to do a 1.8 Vanilla test, just haven't gotten to it yet. Before I do any such thing I want to backup all the plugins, etc. to my computer. I'm sure people can be patient, I don't ever recall Neocraft being updated to the latest version only a few days after it's release. :)

Fuchsdh

Seems like we're freaking out unnecessarily, guys. 1.8 is just out, there are clearly some bugs to iron, and we dunno if Bukkit has suddenly been killed or not. We can afford to wait before going off the deep end :)

Mengy

Another note for vanilla MC. We'll lose the ability to prevent new visitors to the server from breaking blocks in the current manner. An alternative would be to set the default game mode to Adventure. Without the correct tools players can not break blocks (though give them a diamond pick and they can do some damage). 1.8 adds the Spectator game mode. As a spectator players completely lose the ability to interact with the game world. They can fly anywhere, fly through blocks, cannot pickup items, and cannot die.

Well, the obvious solution is no visitors, you need to be white listed in order log on. It is a GAF server afterall, so people would just need to post in here to get access for themselves or friends. We would need to experiment a bit to see how that would work out. Setting all visitors to spectator mode is a great idea, I'm just not sure if the vanilla client can do that.

This is more for moderators. Without bukkit we'll lose the ability to sort players in to groups. So in short a person can either be a normal player or OP, there's no middle ground. While technically we are OPs as we have access to the control panel, it's not always a good idea to give your in game avatar full OP status. Typically its best to issue commands from the console or temporally OP yourself via the console as needed. We probably could get away with fully OP-ing ourselves since this isn't exactly a public server, still it's nice to have an extra layer of defence against that 1/1000 chance.

Here's a question on that: If all of our moderators were converted to OP's, can we toggle ourselves back and forth from OP to normal status in game? Like now I rarely use my mod abilities on the server other than to help people out or fix griefing, I spend most of my time playing just like a normal donator. I really wouldn't want to be stuck in creative God mode full time...

Bentles

Yeah even though I like the idea of getting to 1.8 and I also like the idea of having to rough it without commands and have our transport system be super important, I'm not keen to go vanilla for a few reasons:

- I don't want to lose NeoCraft. I like how long it has been around and that you can still go and build there whenever you like.
- I don't really like the idea of some people being on creative at the same time as other people play survival. It sort of cheapens the experience of spending hours grinding to get a few diamonds when someone else could just spawn a stack of diamond blocks.
- I'm pretty confident in Dinnerbone and his ability to get Bukkit up to 1.8 in the not too distant future since he made the Bukkit server in the first place and said he'd be updating it. Also this tweet is interesting.

Maybe we should just wait it out for a while? It's definitely not up to me but that's what I'd do.

Crispy75

Seconded

About creative versus survival, you can't really divide one world up, I don't think that would be fun nor practical. I think I'd rather we just set people to creative who want to be and let them build whatever and wherever. Sure it means they won't bother using minecarts or horses or the nether because they can just fly around, and yeah it will mean we will have meager survival builds smack next to super crazy creative builds, but in the end it is a game and we all just want to have fun. I'd rather let people play the way they want to and enjoy themselves than force everyone into one playstyle whether they like it or not.

I personally love the challenge and difficulty of pure survival, however I have never cared much for us having two worlds running at the same time. It just feels divisive and unnecessarily complicated. I'd rather we have one world where everyone plays the way they want to together. Even if it means I'll be the only one playing survival and using horses and minecarts while everyone else flies around, LOL.
I totally agree, but I know there are some people that feel pretty strongly about having a purely vanilla server/map/area. Like, for instance, when my estate on the survival map came under scrutiny and there were some arguments made that it ruined the fun of the server had I done it in creative mode. Also what Bentles said above about it cheapening the experience. I don't understand this way of thinking and I think it's a little overblown for a game that is an endless sandbox and has no real defined beginning/middle/end, but I also know it's an approach a lot of people use with this game.

Really, moving forward regardless of whether bukkit works or not, it would be kinda nice to shelve the old Neocraft map and just have both creative/survival on one map. Neocraft is wonderful and I'd miss my city, but it is a bit divisive and pointless when it's just me and Ota building on it with the occasional visitor every few months or so. Nobody is forcing anyone to be creative and only the creative people cheapen the experience for themselves. It's not a competition where everyone has to have the same limitations.

Also, if it were up to me, we'd do an entirely new map for 1.8 too. But I know that won't happen.

Mengy

I totally agree, but I know there are some people that feel pretty strongly about having a purely vanilla server/map/area. Like, for instance, when my estate on the survival map came under scrutiny and there were some arguments made that it ruined the fun of the server had I done it in creative mode. Also what Bentles said above about it cheapening the experience. I don't understand this way of thinking and I think it's a little overblown for a game that is an endless sandbox and has no real defined beginning/middle/end, but I also know it's an approach a lot of people use with this game.

I'm actually one of those who feel strongly about pure survival server. However, I don't like forcing everyone to play the way I think is best. In the end, Neocraft / GAFland is supposed to be a place where GAF members can go to play Minecraft online, ideally so that they can have fun. Different people find different play styles fun. I think I'd rather have everyone on one server playing together even if it means mixing creative and survival together.

I get what Bentles meant when he says it cheapens the experience, a part of me agrees with him strongly.

I've waned a bit on that stance in the past few months though. When we first announced having two worlds at the same time (Neocraft for creative and GAFland for survival) I was all for it, I thought it was a great idea. However, now that I've played that way, with some people on one world and some on the other, I find it divisive. I'd rather we all just play on one map and simply let people play the way they want to, like we used to do on the old server. It just seems more social and inviting to me. If someone wants to build a huge creative castle and city within sight of my puny little survival cabin then so be it, at least I'll have someone playing near me and enjoying themselves.

Really, moving forward regardless of whether bukkit works or not, it would be kinda nice to shelve the old Neocraft map and just have both creative/survival on one map. Neocraft is wonderful and I'd miss my city, but it is a bit divisive and pointless when it's just me and Ota building on it with the occasional visitor every few months or so. Nobody is forcing anyone to be creative and only the creative people cheapen the experience for themselves. It's not a competition where everyone has to have the same limitations.

I agree. Everyone playing together and having fun is more important to me than forcing people to play a certain game mode. I didn't used to feel this way but I do now.

Also, if it were up to me, we'd do an entirely new map for 1.8 too. But I know that won't happen.

Honestly I'm not against this. Start a brand new world for a brand new ideology. But then I love starting from scratch in new worlds too, it never really bothers me. And we could always make the current maps available for everyone to download too, it's not like they vanish forever. Although I really like our current map for GAFland so I am fine either way.

Top Bottom