• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

It was a standard "nothing is gonna change, honest" statement that is always released with take overs. Just look at any takeover and you will see a "nothing is gonna change, we greatly respect blah blah blah. This will be good for both companies" statement. Shortly after everything changes and things get destroyed. I mean lets face it they are hardly going to release a statement that goes "<<Evil laugh>> Now we own Minecraft and we are gonna fuck it 6 ways from Sunday and laugh at you all whilst we do it".
Reminds me of Our Incredible Journey, honestly.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Now if Microsoft did something crazy and bundled Minecraft on all Window's machines like Minesweeper + Solitaire but I don't expect something that awesome to occur.

I like the way you think.

Though, is Minesweeper or Solitaire even bundled any more? I'm pretty sure I had to download them from the app store on Windows 8.

ShadiWulf

Finally back on gaf!

Also, i was feeling really uneasy about MS buying Mojang but their statements about supporting all platforms and understanding that Minecraft has a style of community they've never worked with before puts me at ease. Also sounds like most Mojang developers will still be working on Minecraft. I guess for now it's just promises, but it gives me hope. Satya Nadella isn't no Steve Ballmer and fully believes in a Multiplatform strategy, where as Steve Ballmer believed in making MS Office exclusive to the MS Surface.

Video announcement:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXNWchwDiG8

So, I have the PS4 version, but I'm tired of how behind the PC version it is. Much as I love local play I'm thinking of hopping on the PC version, even though I don't want to spend another $20.

D'you guys think the XOne version will at least have PC parity now that MS bought out Mojang?

Fuchsdh

So, I have the PS4 version, but I'm tired of how behind the PC version it is. Much as I love local play I'm thinking of hopping on the PC version, even though I don't want to spend another $20.

D'you guys think the XOne version will at least have PC parity now that MS bought out Mojang?

Not in the immediate future, probably. With Minecraft 2 or whatnot? Who knows, might make sense.

Join usssss on the PC sideeeeee

Finally back on gaf!

Glad to have you back ;-)

Based on MS's history I would say with regards to the PC version we will get a 1.9 update which will add an unskippable microsoft splash screen. The PC version will then be neglected whilst they bring the Xbone version up to par. Once the Xbone version is better than the PC version you will find the Xbone version becoming the "lead" platform for Minecraft and the PC version will get any crumbs that are left.

Based on MS's history I would say with regards to the PC version we will get a 1.9 update which will add an unskippable microsoft splash screen. The PC version will then be neglected whilst they bring the Xbone version up to par. Once the Xbone version is better than the PC version you will find the Xbone version becoming the "lead" platform for Minecraft and the PC version will get any crumbs that are left.

They need to add support for much bigger worlds and servers to XB1 first to even catch up.

Somehwere at Microsoft:

"It takes a really long time to get anywhere in this game! I mean the worlds are HUGE! Let's add cars!"

"Yeah! And let's add some guns too! I mean it's already in first person you know?"

"Speaking of that, I have all these custom skins that I never get to see when I play so let's make it third person!"

"A vehicular third person shooter! Perfect! Man we are super good at this!"

-Minsc-

When's the new spawn likely to go up? I'm itching to play 1.8.

The trim, your Disney Land and Art's puzzle cube is all crossed off the list. All I have left to do is put Crispy's new spawn into the map. I'll do that after I get home tonight. After that I have to upload the world. At the latest everything should be up and running by tomorrow night. :)

Somehwere at Microsoft:

"It takes a really long time to get anywhere in this game! I mean the worlds are HUGE! Let's add cars!"

"Yeah! And let's add some guns too! I mean it's already in first person you know?"

"Speaking of that, I have all these custom skins that I never get to see when I play so let's make it third person!"

"There's all ready a mod for that."

Oh wait, bukkit.

I know this is part of the setup for your joke, but Minecraft is third-person, - at least, if you hit F5 once. (I think it was pushing an analog stick in on the 360 version?)

Although I always preferred playing in first-person, generally-speaking.

Not in the immediate future, probably. With Minecraft 2 or whatnot? Who knows, might make sense.

Join usssss on the PC sideeeeee

Promise to be my friend?? It looks like MC is best with friends, and the consoles version blow! But I dont have many PC friends :'(

Oh man... I didnt think of that, but I cant believe these next gen consoles dont have the same openness as PCs. I figured it'd happen since guys like MS dropped the patching fee? I mean, now that it's first party, it should at least happen

But I own the PS4, so any hope that MS will allow PS4 version to be on par?

-Minsc-

Promise to be my friend?? It looks like MC is best with friends, and the consoles version blow! But I dont have many PC friends :'(

Dryuriev will be your friend. Make fun of Dry and CharmingCharlie will be your friend.

Oh man... I didnt think of that, but I cant believe these next gen consoles dont have the same openness as PCs. I figured it'd happen since guys like MS dropped the patching fee? I mean, now that it's first party, it should at least happen

I'd like to give you an answer but honestly I never even think of the console version of any serious amount.

Fuchsdh

Everyone gets along well enough on the server. Friends for ever!

Except for Charlie. Charlie is not to be trusted.

-Minsc-

Best thing to come out of this Microsoft thing? It's directing more people to this thread.

Edit: On another note, here's something I looked at the other day.

The Wall of Shame:

Code:
-Minsc-         486
Fuchsdh         394
Crispy75     	310
Mengy 	        290
Sarcasm         254
NihonTiger90    235
Ark   	        213
CharmingCharlie 193
Pandaman        178
Ranger X 	158

I post more here than I thought.

Ha. I've tried MC on PC a long while back, but did not get into it. But playing it on consoles, I really enjoy it and it has clicked...but the console versions are so neutered, and I dont want to continue on it.

I love the idea of adventure mode.

I've been eyeing the PC version, but feel a little hesitant to drop $40 total, now that I wont really play the console version.

This seems like a title I can really invest in.

By the way, what's wrong with Charlie? He's apparently charming?

Sarcasm

Somehwere at Microsoft:

These already exist.

Is GAF 1.8 up yet?

-Minsc-

Over an ocean.... That didn't wash away all my redstone, did it? :S

Over An Ocean

OverAnOcean.png

These already exist.

Is GAF 1.8 up yet?

NO.

You'll know 1.8 is live when nuked spawn is fixed. :)

zashga

If their priority, update-wise, is improved monetization, then I'm fine with the PC version getting left behind. ;)

Realistically, I expect a more gradual slide into Bad Times. They might well leave Mojang alone for a while before they start nudging things in a new direction. If they're selling skins this time next year, then it's time to bail out.

ShadiWulf

I don't know how the world is being trimmed, but if its easy enough could you clear out my area? It haunts me. i hate it. Never building on a mountain again to start off with. If it's not an easy thing to get rid of, nevermind then, but thought i would bring it up. I have no plans on using it ever again. I already died while AFKing in spawn and lost everything valuable I had on me. I had everything on me cause I didn't know how the server trim was going to work and wasn't able to post on gaf.

Figure it's easiest just to start fresh now.

here is a screen with coordinates:

this general area where there is any structures.

masud

Banned
I don't know how the world is being trimmed, but if its easy enough could you clear out my area? It haunts me. i hate it. Never building on a mountain again to start off with. If it's not an easy thing to get rid of, nevermind then, but thought i would bring it up. I have no plans on using it ever again. I already died while AFKing in spawn and lost everything valuable I had on me. I had everything on me cause I didn't know how the server trim was going to work and wasn't able to post on gaf.

I was up there while mapping. I really liked what you were building.

-Minsc-

It's a little too close to other builds so I don't want to chance resetting those chunks. You'll be able to build in creative mode once the server is back up an running. If you feel like clearing everything out you can use it to speed up the process. Personally I'd just leave everything there. :)

In other news....

MAP IS UPLOADING AS I TYPE.

Fuchsdh

It's a little too close to other builds so I don't want to chance resetting those chunks. You'll be able to build in creative mode once the server is back up an running. If you feel like clearing everything out you can use it to speed up the process. Personally I'd just leave everything there. :)

In other news....

3876849-3709073726-774.g.gif

EDIT: Also Shadi if you're really never going to build up there, I might just take over what you started and work on it, since it's neighboring my place and I'd like to do a mountain build.

Best thing to come out of this Microsoft thing? It's directing more people to this thread.

The Wall of Shame:

Code:
-Minsc-         486
Fuchsdh         394
Crispy75     	310
Mengy 	        290
Sarcasm         254
NihonTiger90    235
Ark   	        213
CharmingCharlie 193
Pandaman        178
Ranger X 	158

What's sad is I didn't get here until around page 50 or so.

Sarcasm

The Wall of Shame:

Code:
-Minsc-         486
Fuchsdh         394
Crispy75     	310
Mengy 	        290
Sarcasm         254
NihonTiger90    235
Ark   	        213
CharmingCharlie 193
Pandaman        178
Ranger X 	158

Wut? Oo

I don't even know how.

ShadiWulf

In other news....

Ahh, okay. makes sense.

EDIT: Also Shadi if you're really never going to build up there, I might just take over what you started and work on it, since it's neighboring my place and I'd like to do a mountain build.

Go for it! I just wanna start fresh somewhere. I don't know where. will have to do some map exploring, but im sure ill find somewhere

ShadiWulf

was looking at random minecraft images on google and stumbled upon this

maybe a building idea for Charlie, he likes glass domes so a glass sphere seems like something he would like ;)

or thinking outside the box could build a giant glass dome with glass sphere islands inside of it.

The Wall of Shame:

Code:
-Minsc-         486
Fuchsdh         394
Crispy75     	310
Mengy 	        290
Sarcasm         254
NihonTiger90    235
Ark   	        213
CharmingCharlie 193
Pandaman        178
Ranger X 	158

Only #6? I have some work to do.

Morokh

I don't know if it's funny or sad, but the Minecraft reddit basically went through all the well known phases of grief.

As for Minecraft Youtubers, the few I saw sharing a piece of opinion about all this, were rather sharing platitudes and non-opinions, which is as understandable as disappointing seeing as they are pretty much the only ones that could have a significant amount of leverage with the community against MS should they start to fuck things up.

Crispy75

If it weren't for this thread, I'd still be a Junior :D

Oh, and OT4 for the new spawn? Or do we not get to decide that sort of thing.

I know this is part of the setup for your joke, but Minecraft is third-person, - at least, if you hit F5 once. (I think it was pushing an analog stick in on the 360 version?) Although I always preferred playing in first-person, generally-speaking.

Shit you're right, I forgot you could do that. Well now it will be forced!

"There's all ready a mod for that."

Oh wait, bukkit.

These already exist.

In the world that my joke exists in, they become standard, forced features, not mods you have to track down and install yourself.

By the way, what's wrong with Charlie? He's apparently charming?

Oh yeahhhhh I am dead charming me. My Charmingness is as legendary as my domes. Many a time in chat I have seen people go "oh that Charlie aint he bloody charming". So yeah Neocraft is a friendly place full of charming people and Dryuriev7777. But it is a great place to play Minecraft. I used to be a single player only guy with minecraft but that all changed when I discovered Neocraft.

maybe a building idea for Charlie, he likes glass domes so a glass sphere seems like something he would like ;)

There is a natural order too things. In nature it is Lion eats dog, dog eats cat and cat chases mouse into a Kentucky Fried Chicken oven and gets served up as a KFC special with extra crunch. So it is with Domes and Spheres. Glass Domes are so awesome they only have to do things by half. A glass dome is so mega gorgeous that it goes "hm I better not become a sphere because people's minds will explode". Spheres are more Domes with insecurity issues. They are like "I don't have what it takes to be as awesome as glass domes so better over do it and be a full sphere. Nope Spheres are only good for TNT.

Now I must go I have a psychiatric evaluation to attend. Oh yeah and whilst I remember screw Notch and Microsoft.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

or thinking outside the box could build a giant glass dome with glass sphere islands inside of it.

That's actually pretty cool, I'm thinking a whole city of connected sphere biomes / homes where we each make our own spheres and connect them would be kind of sweet.

Oh, and OT4 for the new spawn? Or do we not get to decide that sort of thing.

Nah, we can just stay in this thread. I am thinking of giving the OP an overhaul though, and maybe getting the title of the thread changed to reflect current events...

Bentles

That's actually pretty cool, I'm thinking a whole city of connected sphere biomes / homes where we each make our own spheres and connect them would be kind of sweet.

But with light grey glass... or whatever colour you can actually see through

I know this is part of the setup for your joke, but Minecraft is third-person, - at least, if you hit F5 once. (I think it was pushing an analog stick in on the 360 version?)

Although I always preferred playing in first-person, generally-speaking.

I have to wonder what strange beings play Minecraft in third person. There has to be at least one person out there.

-Minsc-

Everythiing is uploaded, now I just need to play around with the new server settings to get it all set up. But first, WORK.

Nah, we can just stay in this thread. I am thinking of giving the OP an overhaul though, and maybe getting the title of the thread changed to reflect current events...

But "Build Your Way To Glory" still fits because I is here ... :(

Top Bottom