• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

OK, so I tried jumping in on the server to chekc out 1.8 but says Im not white-listed on this server so I couldn't even enter. :(

What gives? Was that you Charlie? :/

All jokes aside, please let me in :_:

Erm nowt to do with me. I checked the banned players list and no one is banned. What is your user name on Minecraft ? and what happens when you try to get on ?

Ranger X

For people who likes to travel on horse back, I finished some roads in the east side of the server where my place is (RangerX) and where Dry, Tiger and Viktal are playing. (don't know if Viktal still plays).

Dry ---> I linked my road with the north entrance of your place

Tiger ---> made a road least near Kazengard. Look it up where there's that wierd little melon hut.

Later tonight I will make so the old spawn is connected to our eastern county. Oh and all of this is done "survival style" just like if I actually had time to do it for real lol.

For people who likes to travel on horse back, I finished some roads in the east side of the server where my place is (RangerX) and where Dry, Tiger and Viktal are playing. (don't know if Viktal still plays).

Tiger ---> made a road least near Kazengard. Look it up where there's that wierd little melon hut.

Later tonight I will make so the old spawn is connected to our eastern county. Oh and all of this is done "survival style" just like if I actually had time to do it for real lol.

Awesome. I can definitely connect it to Katzegard soon here.

Erm nowt to do with me. I checked the banned players list and no one is banned. What is your user name on Minecraft ? and what happens when you try to get on ?

I know, I was just joking.

I think I know what is wrong. I think I was logged in on anopther account (my niece's).

Still it should have let me in and not change anything.

It didnt let me join the server even though there were only 6/15.

I will try again later. Thanks. :)

-Minsc-

OK, so I tried jumping in on the server to chekc out 1.8 but says Im not white-listed on this server so I couldn't even enter. :(

What gives? Was that you Charlie? :/

All jokes aside, please let me in :_:

What's your in game name?

There was one name I deleted from the list do it being all numbers and seemed out of place for a mine craft name.

Sarcasm

Are slime farms nerfed? I found a slime chunk on my friends SMP and tested it out somewhat to see (cause I never made one before). I noticed that swamps barely spawn slimes now at night.

I used a chunk finder got the four coordinates and pin pointed the 0 X 0 corner points. Than cleared out below the Y40 level..so far I went like 20 blocks down in a 16x16 and I went into next chunk..nothing spawns...

Am I doing something wrong?

Blizzard

Banned
From the old thread:

What happened with obsidian generation? I poured water on lava and only got cobblestone.
As far as I can tell from the internet, water on lava gives you obsidian, and lava on water gives you cobblestone.

Can someone correct me? I would think a wiki would have been updated if something had changed about this.

Fuchsdh

Are slime farms nerfed? I found a slime chunk on my friends SMP and tested it out somewhat to see (cause I never made one before). I noticed that swamps barely spawn slimes now at night.

I used a chunk finder got the four coordinates and pin pointed the 0 X 0 corner points. Than cleared out below the Y40 level..so far I went like 20 blocks down in a 16x16 and I went into next chunk..nothing spawns...

I believe they did nerf slime farms. Ranger's got a big one built out on the green line, but as I recall it's likely to be much less productive now.

-Minsc-

From the old thread:

As far as I can tell from the internet, water on lava gives you obsidian, and lava on water gives you cobblestone.

Can someone correct me? I would think a wiki would have been updated if something had changed about this.

If I recall, it's something like this:

- Water on lava source block gets obsidian.
- Water on lava flow block gets cobble stone.
- Lava on water source block gets stone.

Ranger X

Slime spawning is nerfed in 1.8
That's why I told everybody here to get a kick from my slime farm before the update.
They still spawn though. One should try and lurk in my slime farm for a while and see.

woolley

Yea it is. But you have to generate the already generated parts in 1.7 first and then update it to 1.8 to get the right terrain.

Getting an error I've never seen before when trying to join the server:

"Failed to login: The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request"

Will try again later!

Edit: Nvm, the session server is down.

Crispy75

They weren't for me when I generated the world in 1.8. I had to go back and generate my area in 1.7 first.

Hmm. When I tested the area around Pioneer Town, it generated exactly the same in 1.7 and 1.8

Speaking of which, y'all should come and build here! We got a train station (with no railway lines). We got three cows. We got a fine map board. We got a public mine with automated minecart delivery and sorting system. We got an auto-smelter. We got loads of dramatic scenery with views over the valleys and plateaus of the Savannah biome. It's nice here.

Fuchsdh

Hmm. When I tested the area around Pioneer Town, it generated exactly the same in 1.7 and 1.8

Speaking of which, y'all should come and build here! We got a train station (with no railway lines). We got three cows. We got a fine map board. We got a public mine with automated minecart delivery and sorting system. We got an auto-smelter. We got loads of dramatic scenery with views over the valleys and plateaus of the Savannah biome. It's nice here.

Charlie and I are working on that.... currently I'm still 2000 blocks out though. Just finished the next stop north :)

-Minsc-

Most importantly, Crispy is lonely. Give the guy some company.

masud

Banned

I too would like to get in on this road action

Ranger X

I too would like to get in on this road action

Look up the trails I made already. There's now one linking the station Jungle North.
Am almost done linking the old spawn too.

After that I'll either build around the new spawn or make trails in those new parts (if I still am having this road making buzz)

DeviantBoi

I heard back from Sony yesterday (took 6 days, including the weekend) and they sent me a code so that I could get the discount on the PS4 version. Bought it right away.

Is there any DLC that is must-have?

Is there a list of what's included in the skins packages?

Taffer

I heard back from Sony yesterday (took 6 days, including the weekend) and they sent me a code so that I could get the discount on the PS4 version. Bought it right away.

Is there any DLC that is must-have?

Is there a list of what's included in the skins packages?

If it's the same as the 360 there's just skins and texture packs. You can preview all the skins in-game and can start a game with a texture pack you don't own but can't save the world. I got the plastic texture pack when MS converted my leftover MS points into local currency a while back and it's cool (mostly because it was freeish).
Some of the skins are ace though. Birthday squid is everything I ever wanted.

Sarcasm

Aggressive pigment/pig zombies reset after some time in a loaded chunk correct? Thinking about afking in a box and hoping for the best

andylsun

I was playing with the first Ordnance Survey Minecraft map of the UK last week. Thought that was amazing enough, but to see an update is great.

Not sure I even have enough disk space to put it on my server.

hepburn3d

bollocks see hepburn beat me too it. The Ordnance Survey have also done a map of Britain which includes housing believe it or now and comes in at 83 billion blocks and 23gbs in size. You can get it here :-

http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/innovate/developers/minecraft-map-britain.html

we've got 1m height and terrain data of the UK at work. We were thinking about what it would take to turn that into a minecraft map, but the size would be about 625GB.

As cool as it would be it would be so hard to appreciate.

Crispy75

we've got 1m height and terrain data of the UK at work. We were thinking about what it would take to turn that into a minecraft map, but the size would be about 625GB.

As cool as it would be it would be so hard to appreciate.

Yeah, even at 32 chunk render distance, that's only 500m
I suppose you could do small parts where the landscape is compactly dramatic. Some Cornish or South Wales coast for example. Or one of the smaller Scottish islands.

andylsun

tFWlY18l.jpg

Detail is amazing. Portland Harbour - United Kingdom.

Holkin

The story of pumpkin farm.
One day i decided to build pumpkin. I have no need of pumpkins, but pumpkin farm is 'must have' option on every server. :)
So we need a big room to dig up. And my working EFF-V UNBR-III SilkTouck pick says: 'Is that a good idea? Why you are collecting creepers drop though?'. We (my pick and I) looked up my storage and found 40 gunpowder for 8 TNTs.
Then TNTs say: 'Only idiots ignite single block at a time. Use chain explosion'. And we had very funny explosion and a huge room as the result, bigger than expected.
And the room says: 'True miners dig caves, not fill them with stone.' So we decide to deal with bigger room.
And we got this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11090572/mine/pumpkinfarm/2014-09-23_17.43.39.png
Do you see the mistake?
I planted pumpkins, waited them to grow, manualy pushed the lever, pistons done their job, water flowed to hopper, but pumpkin left hanging. And then pumpkin says: 'We are not cacti or reeds, we are not likely to fall down. You failed building the simplest thing ever. haha!'.
And then I decided to push them down. Also added new feature: 11 sec delay to item flow into hopper, and then resetting.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11090572/mine/pumpkinfarm/2014-09-24_00.22.57.png
It was total failure. Efficiency was extremely low, noise was extremely high, server load, and ugliest room ever seen. I had no idea what to do with the look of the room, but I could handle more complex redstone logic.
First try was to add new timer with longer period. AND gate of them would give 120 sec old mode and 120 sec waiting to grow mode. Implementation shows it was no so good idea. Then I tried to add some RAM. RS latch was good, but result was the same. If longer period timer activates S input, shorter period timer can't disable it by R input. So I have added pulse former.
Result: 4 hoppers, 5 pistons, lots of repeaters and monstrous wiring. My pick almost doubled the room. The design with pressure plate and the rails is much simple, compact, etc. The advantage of new desing is complete autonomy, low losing rate and flexibility in calibrating proper timing.
New room look: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11090572/mine/pumpkinfarm/2014-09-25_22.52.52.png
Harvesting (there was aproximately 5 pumpkins grown): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11090572/mine/pumpkinfarm/2014-09-25_23.44.58.png
Result: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11090572/mine/pumpkinfarm/2014-09-25_23.45.11.png
This farm needs proper timing, because if pumpkin doesn't have 11 sec to flow down it will be dropped. Phase shift of delay timers cause such bugs, but now T1 = 8*T0. T0 = 17*0.7 and approximately 1.5 sec phase shift.
To be continued. Give me some feedback if you able to. You're welcome to collect pumpkins. I have no need of them.
I will disable it later.
My coords are -1000 70 -5600. There you see staircase down. First branch corridor - strorage room, next - sheep farm (you can shear them) and pumpkin farm.

PS. If you are that one who destroyed my anvil, return me new one. I liked that anvil very much.

Grinchy

Banned
Yo Grinchy what's your excuse of a game to not play Minecraft lately? :p

My general excuse is a lack of time between school and work. I get so into this game that I have to forbid myself from playing it lol

But my gaming excuse is that I have a Destiny addiction

Top Bottom